This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Favorite Narnian Villain

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the vilest of them all?

Jadis/The White Witch (LWW/MN)
28%
Maugrim (LWW)
4%
King Miraz (PC)
6%
The Lady of the Green Kirtle (SC)
22%
Tash (LB)
13%
Ginger the Cat (LB)
2%
Shift (LB)
10%
Prince Rabadash (HHB)
6%
Uncle Andrew (MN)
4%
Other (please specify)
5%

Total votes : 161

Favorite Narnian Villain

Postby stardf29 » Aug 25, 2009 11:15 am

Here is where you can choose your favorite evil entity in the land of Narnia! Who do you think is the best at being the worst? Which one is the one you love to hate? Or which of these villains happen to strike your fancy as they strike at our heroes?

General notice about polls:

Please remember to post your reason as to why you chose who you did. Posts that just state who you voted for will be deleted.

You are only allowed one vote. However, you may change your vote if you change your mind. Just select the new person you want to vote for and your vote will be changed.
"A Series of Miracles", a blog about faith and anime.

Avatar: Kojiro Sasahara of Nichijou.
stardf29
Moderator Emeritus
I'm on a goat.

Re: Favorite Narnian Villian

Postby Valiant_Lucy » Sep 04, 2009 7:02 am

The Lady of the Green Kirtle of course! She's such an amazing "baddie". Her scenes in the SC almost make it as good as TLB (my favorite book). :D
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe
Valiant_Lucy
Moderator Emeritus
The IMAR&NB mod

Postby jadis of narnia » Sep 04, 2009 7:15 am

I voted for Jadis..

In my opinon, she truely was the most wicked of them all.. who else could say they wiped out every living creature off an entire planet by the use of one little word? Or could say they were able to sacrifice the great Lion Aslan for the sake of a human child and Narnia? :S

..she cared for no one (..emotionaly dead?) and only wanted to command and completely rule whatever land she was in.. as well as everyone in it..

..she has so much coldness and power - it's just frightening at times.. and she's very beautiful, not at all ugly like most villans now a days are.. and I think it's really cool that she can come off as sweet and evil at the same time.. like during the turkish delight scene..

so yeah, Jadis is my fav of them all..

~ jadis
jadis of narnia

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Sep 04, 2009 1:45 pm

I have a little trouble with “favorite” and “Villain” going together, but since one of the questions in the first post is which one do you think is the worst I figured I’d vote. I voted for Shift because he enslaves the Narnians by convincing them it is Aslan’s will. He is able to get the Narnians to do what he wants without the use of force and / or magic. They agree willingly to be made slaves. His weapon is physiological and that makes his power scarier.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby Farsight1 » Sep 04, 2009 7:44 pm

The Lady of the Green Kirtle, for sure.
Farsight1
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sep 04, 2009 11:18 pm

Firstly, the Lady of the Green Kirtle for her subtle but seductive evil.
Secondly, Jadis for her wild behaviour.
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby IloveFauns » Sep 06, 2009 4:35 am

Jadis takes the cake for me since she appears in more then one book.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Narnia93 » Sep 07, 2009 3:55 am

I said "King" Miraz because he cares nothing for the Narnians or his own people and is way to cocky. I would have picked Jadis but in thinking about it, she only makes eternal winter and just kills her enemies whereas Miraz doesn't kill so much as enslave. What I mean by that is that the Narnians were forced to go into hiding making them slaves of their own land.
P.S. I don't know if this makes any sense at all, but if you can see where I'm coming from, Great!
Narnia93 - "It is hard for you, little one," said Aslan. "But things never happen the same way twice."
Narnia93
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby ArcherForAslan » Sep 07, 2009 10:07 am

My favorite is a tie between Jadis, The Lady of the Green Kirtle, and Prince Rabadash, but since he didn't have any votes, I voted for Rabadash. He's really not the "vilest" of them all, I don't think, but rather the most ridiculous, as his title states later on. I just think he's a rather amusing little guy. He tries to conquer Archenland for the Tisroc but fails big time, and his reaction to that just makes him very funny. "Beware! Beware! Beware! The bolt of Tash falls from above!" ("Does it ever get caught on a hook halfway?" asked Corin.) :p
Avy by Sarah from totallygeorgie.com
ArcherForAslan
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Erucenindë » Sep 08, 2009 8:52 am

Miraz! I think he is so cool and evil. :P He's quite human like us, and that makes it closer to home me thinks. And he's just cool. :D Oh, I already said that. ;))
My Graphics Site
Council of Elrond - Best LOTR forum
Aliit ori'shya tal'din. ~ Mandolorian Proverb
Auta i lóme; Aurë entuluva. ~ Quenya
Erucenindë
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby TheGeneral » Sep 08, 2009 8:06 pm

I couldn't have said it better, jadis of narnia. I voted for Jadis for the same reasons. She's essentially THE villain of Narnia. The easiest pole I've come across. ;)
Only sometimes in books/movies I find that the villain is equally (very rarely, more) interesting than the good guys, but here this is the case for me. I always wished I knew more about her, although magician's nephew does pretty good with giving a background.

Kind of a side note: I really noticed that the music they play in LWW when she appears is so perfect for her, but I can't describe it well. It's when she first meets Edmond and when she meets Aslan at the stone table, for example. Good haunting stuff.
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Narnian1993 » Sep 13, 2009 11:24 am

I picked Tash although the White Witch was a very close secound!
Tash is such a classic bad guy. He's like the evil commander, always having someone else doing his "dirty work" for him. But he is so cool and CS Lewis describes him so vividly!
~You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.~ C. S. Lewis
Narnian1993
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby greenbird37 » Sep 13, 2009 8:46 pm

I would have to say Jadis....She is the true meaning of what a witch should be...evil and selfish and cares for no one whatsoever! She is very cunning and will find a way to get you to do what she wants and get what she wants!
"We have nothing if not belief"
greenbird37
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Edis1 » Sep 16, 2009 2:02 pm

Maugurim is my fav baddie I don't really know why,He's just so cool! Rabadash is my seconds fav,he is so funnie! And LotGK is my third.
Avy & Sig by Ithilwen Jesus loves you! Join the Edmund fan club! PM me to join! members-5
Image Legolas=Awesome!
Edmund=Fantastic!
Edis1
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Rachel111 » Sep 20, 2009 2:59 pm

Uncle Andrew, of course! Who couldn't love that wild-haired old man? ;)
Hello! My name is Rachel. But just call me Chel.
http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2 ... 06x331.jpg
A picture of my favorite band, The Arcade Fire.
Rachel111
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lady of the Narnians » Sep 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Lady of the Green Kirtle of course! :D

She is just one of those villians that you don't expect in the books. And when you find out who she really, is it is a complete suprise!!! :)
A Lady of Narnia Always a Lady of Narnia
Lady of the Narnians
NarniaWeb Regular

Next