This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Dawn Treader DVD/Blu-Ray: "Seasick Gag Reel"?

A place for unconfirmed news and whisperings.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, coracle

Dawn Treader DVD/Blu-Ray: "Seasick Gag Reel"?

Postby 220chrisTian » Apr 17, 2011 7:52 pm

This was rumored to be on the Dawn Treader DVD and/or Blu-Ray. But so far, no one's found it on their personal copy. I don't think it's on any official (Fox) list of DVD/Blu-Ray extras either.

Aslan's Country and NarniaFans reported the gag reel. Their source? Family Christian Stores (single DVD and Blu-Ray). I later discovered that this gag reel is also listed on ChristianCinema.com (Blu-Ray) and CatholicMovies.com (Blu-Ray).

Finally, I learned that a Brazilian fan on Twitter claims the gag reel is on a local Blu-Ray, which she didn't buy because of the cost. But she says she may.

@AslansCountry yes, just the ''seasick gag reel'' is on the Blu-ray, I didn't buy. But I will buy at once. The better of Narnia! :)

So does anyone have the "seasick gag reel" on their copy of the DVD or Blu-Ray? Do they know anyone else who does? Is this extra for real or not?
220chrisTian

Re: Dawn Treader DVD/Blu-Ray: "Seasick Gag Reel"?

Postby 220chrisTian » Apr 18, 2011 1:23 pm

The mystery has been solved! I contacted Family Christian Stores on Twitter a few days ago about the gag reel on their website. They replied today with this:

@AslansCountry I was just told that the actors did not approve the "gag reel" Thanks for the catch! We are changing our copy.
Source

Can you believe this?! :(( I wonder what was on the gag reel, that the actors wouldn't approve... :-s
220chrisTian

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Apr 18, 2011 2:28 pm

wow. weird. how could they have had the gag real and then make it go away? this doesn't make sense!
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby stateofgreen » Apr 18, 2011 8:56 pm

That's strange. If something in the reel were objectionable, I would guess they would just remove the objectionable parts...unless most of it was objectionable. /:)

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby starkat » Apr 19, 2011 4:20 am

They may have simply decided it was too silly or it was just something they didn't want public and vetoed it. It doesn't have to have anything objectionable in it.

Thanks 220chrisTian for the research into that! :) Now that it is no longer a rumor, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.
starkat