This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Narnia Collector's Edition

A place for unconfirmed news and whisperings.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, coracle

Narnia Collector's Edition

Postby Trufflehunter » Mar 05, 2011 8:23 pm

I found this on Wikipedia:

Walden Media President Micheal Flaherty stated in an interview that 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment and Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment are developing a collector's edition box set DVD and Blu-ray containing the first three films.

I know that France is getting the Narnia Trilogy, and supposedly, that no other countries are: (http://www.aslanscountry.com/2011/02/narnia-trilogy-not-for-the-u-s/

But the thing that caught my eye was that it was referred to as a "Collector's Edition." That title reminds me of the 4-disc LWW Collector's Edition that included the book stands and and extended cut of the movie, not a collection of three films. What do you think? Is it really possible that countries other than France will get this "Collector's Edition", or do you think the statement is just referring to the Narnia Trilogy that we know France will have?
"I'm a beast I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on. I say great good will come of it... And we beasts remember, even if Dwarfs forget, that Narnia was never right except when a son of Adam was King." -Trufflehunter
Trufflehunter
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: Narnia Collector's Edition

Postby Narnia_Fan12 » Mar 06, 2011 11:19 am

oooOOOOhhh! I hope so. That'd be awesome!
Narnia_Fan12
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Quinlin » Mar 06, 2011 6:31 pm

I truly hope this Collector's Edition's release is not strictly limited to France. That would be quite a shame, as I would love to perhaps purchase a copy and see what it will include. Besides, the outer display and art is much more beautiful than all the ones I've seen for the US DVD's. It's simpler, yet has a more majestic look to it...I like having Aslan be the only focus on the cover, particularly in that picture of him. The dark blue colours and the golden embellishments around the rim of the cover add a nice touch as well.

Trufflehunter wrote:That title reminds me of the 4-disc LWW Collector's Edition that included the book stands and and extended cut of the movie, not a collection of three films. What do you think? Is it really possible that countries other than France will get this "Collector's Edition", or do you think the statement is just referring to the Narnia Trilogy that we know France will have?

It's hard to say, Trufflehunter. Since we have not seen any other pictures, but this one of the DVD itself. I would say, that based by the word Trilogy, and by looking at the depth of the box itself, the pack will in fact include all three films, just sold together in one set. As amazing as it would be to have a similar release as we did here with the bookends and bonus feature/extended edition of the DVD, I really do doubt that this Collector's Edition will have those. It may have some extra features, because PC had some extras that the DVD's in the US did not have, but I think that would be it for the most part.

We'll have to wait and see if more pictures or details come out before knowing what the Collector's Edition will include.
I've Been to Narnia!
'I can still hear the hoofbeats in my heart'
Quinlin
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Birthday Committee Sub

Postby puddleglum32 » Mar 08, 2011 6:34 am

I hope america gets it

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!
puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby CharlotteRose » Mar 21, 2011 10:03 am

A collectors edition would be nice :) I really love special features and the 4 disk LWW DVD was amazing.
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Mar 26, 2011 7:19 am

ooh epic! I do hope they bring it here. but I already own the first two movies so I wouldn't have need to buy it, but it's sill cool all the same! :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC