This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Michael Apted to return for the next Narnia movie?

A place for unconfirmed news and whisperings.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, coracle

Re: Michael Apted to return for the next Narnia movie?

Postby Rilians Queen » Mar 09, 2011 12:57 pm

Part of me wants Andrew Adamson back to do Narnia, I just don't want him to do Last Battle if he ever decides to come back. Michael Apted has done decently so far and I hope he does continue directing on to Magician's Nephew. ;)
A Proud Supporter For A Jilrian Romance Between Tirian/Jill!
My Website: http://thedarknightsqueen.blogspot.com/
Audition For My Narnia Episodes!!
Rilians Queen
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Narnia+MiddleEarth » Mar 16, 2011 12:24 pm

Micheal Apted's movie was good, but I would really like something closer to the book, and Adamson had it (almost) spot on. I hope he's back, and I don't know about all of you but the cast seemed to be having more fun with him as well, which could affect their acting, but I don't know.
Lucy's Poem
You called me back so here I am,
Ready to defend this land,
My heart may quake, my spirit shake,
But You will never fail,
As long as we Believe...
-Poem by Narnia+MiddleEarth

I am a Friend of Narnia and a member of TEAM HOBBIT!
Narnia+MiddleEarth
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Ancientdogma » Mar 28, 2011 11:47 am

"I would be surprised if they did all seven books. I suppose the fourth one might work better now after the changes we made in the third… but after that it goes haywire." -Adapt per article linked above.

Hmm... green mist everywhere... you can already see he is thinking of butchering the plot of SC in a vain, more so, unessasary attempt to tie VoTD and SC together. He actually thinks what he did to VOTD was for the better.

What they need is to get a true visionary to do the next book whatever it is. Someone that doesn't feel the need to have a link to another movie as a security blanket (though I'd see any linke to VoTD as being a problem not an advantage). Perhaps they need to plan on having a new director for each movie (keep the prop and wardrobe folks around for continuity) so the temptation to try and link everything together isn't there.

Please do MN next. Get a new directory all together. By all means let it go Haywire! Get a director that accepts MN for what it is and doesn't try to make it conform to some hollywood formula. After all, the biggest box office success of all time was some weird quirky movie that no one thought would make a dime called Star Wars (yes adjust for inflattion and it blows all movies out of the water gone with the wind is close).

And remember, towards the beginning of MN is a couple kids playing a game in an attic. They are not trying to decode secret nazi messages or open a portal to a new world so they can bring back a new weapon from narnia to SAVE THE WORLD from the nazi. You know, they are not even trying to create a new world.

Anyhow... new director all together. None of the previous need apply (Adamson did a reasonable job in LWW but there it ended). Find a good story teller, keep the special effects, wardrobe, etc. but put someone at the helm with the courage and humility to bring C.S. Lewis' The Magicians' Nephew to the screen.

p.s. When are they going to release VoTD?
Ancientdogma
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Narnia+MiddleEarth » Mar 29, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi, Ancientdogma!
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is set to come out April 10th or 8th (can't quite remember which) I have forgotten my source! Sorry!
Lucy's Poem
You called me back so here I am,
Ready to defend this land,
My heart may quake, my spirit shake,
But You will never fail,
As long as we Believe...
-Poem by Narnia+MiddleEarth

I am a Friend of Narnia and a member of TEAM HOBBIT!
Narnia+MiddleEarth
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby PuddleCheep » May 19, 2011 6:46 pm

I sure hope he doesn't do the next one! He doesn't have the know-how and love for the books Adamson or other people have. It was just a job for him, not a labor of love.
PuddleCheep
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lilygloves » Jun 20, 2011 9:46 am

I would definitely want Adamson back because at least he liked the books. Apted has a few quotes that make it seem as though he doesn't particularly like them, and after seeing the film I had doubts about whether he had even read them or not.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 02, 2011 2:23 am

I think the director of the next films is the most important element.

And I really wish Adamson would come back. his adaptations weren't perfect... but they were perfect enough. At least, to me.

I don't want MN, my favorite out of all the CoN, to be turned into another VDT. :(

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Previous