This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

King Frank/The Cabby

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: King Frank/The Cabby

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Mar 14, 2011 12:20 pm

Wouldn't people recognize him? ;))
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Shy Galadriel » Mar 14, 2011 1:11 pm

James McAvoy! =)) Oh lol. I don't think we could even say that he's playing Mr Tumnus' ancestor. Yes, he's very recognizable. It's a pity, I really, really liked him. I'm looking forward to seeing him in HHB! Oh well. I agree, a new face!
I dreamt that I dwelt in marble halls

<3 As you wish <3
Shy Galadriel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby fantasia » Mar 17, 2011 12:20 pm

She can correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think coracle meant somebody LIKE James McAvoy. Not actually cast him again as the Cabby.

I'm surprised at how much I like the suggestion of Sean Astin as the Cabby, but really in appearance only. I'm of the same opinion as Coracle that his accent in LotR was not the greatest. ;)) But someone along those lines I think is a great idea. :)

How about Dylan Moran? I've not seen him in anything myself, but he's a comedian that shows up in some of Simon Pegg's movies so I have a feeling this suggestion will be shot down. ;)) But I really like the way he looks. In some pictures I've run across, he looks very tired and aged (Cabby) but then in other pictures, I think he's quite handsome (King Frank).
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby GlimGlum » Mar 17, 2011 1:17 pm

Good find, Watchful Admin. B-) That is actuallly the closest to how I imagined how the Cabby should look. So if not Dylan Moran, at least someone else who has the same kind of look would be the way that I would go.

'Twill be interesting to see how close the actual casting choice comes. :D
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby CharlotteRose » Mar 17, 2011 2:18 pm

Yeah...he reminds me of the cabbie- Nice find :)
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby fantasia » Mar 18, 2011 3:01 pm

Last night I was watching old episodes of Top Gear and they had Michael Sheen on as a guest. I'm only familiar with him because of his role as Lucian in Underworld and had I not seem him without all the hair and makeup, I would NEVER have thought of him. ;)) But in real life he looks rather different and also has a completely different personality. (Imagine that! ;)) )
So I thought I'd suggest him as Frank the Cabby knowing he's a good actor and looks about right. :)
Here are a couple pictures of him.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Shy Galadriel » Mar 19, 2011 8:56 am

WOW, Dylan Moran looks exactly how I've imagined the Frank... With a little bit of cleaning up, that guy could look like a king! :) Yes. I like him. Now all we need are good writers that don't mess up his character. /:)
I dreamt that I dwelt in marble halls

<3 As you wish <3
Shy Galadriel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Eustace » Apr 07, 2011 4:48 pm

Sean Astin would be an awesome King Frank! Too bad he doesn't have an English country accent! :(
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby MountainFireflower » Jun 26, 2011 11:39 am

I agree with FK in that Dylan Moran would make a great cabby. He's not exactly what I pictured, but I have the feeling he could pull it off really well. He has the kind of look that would work well for both his role as a Cabby and afterwards, when he is King Frank.

As for Sean Astin, I'm a huge fan of his portrayal as Sam, and I think he could do a great job at portraying the Cabby. My only concern is that he was already in LotR. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the way I see it, it could go both ways. On one hand, it might not help establish Narnia as a separate story from LotR, but on the other, it might help draw in more viewers since pretty much everyone I know is a fan of Sam. ;))

Also, Michael Sheen looks like a good fit, too! He also has a cabby-turned-king sort of look, which is probably the most important thing I'd like to see in whoever ends up playing King Frank.

I'm actually not too partial as to who plays him, as long as we get to see him in the movie regardless. :)
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Ithilwen » Jun 27, 2011 5:45 pm

I really like the idea of Dylan Moran. Not really a fan of the Michael-Sheen-as-the-Cabby idea, though.

Do you think the Cabby would be better played by a famous actor, or an unknown?

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Eustace » Sep 03, 2011 12:33 am

I could see Stellan Skarsgård as a good cabby.
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lilygloves » Sep 03, 2011 9:08 am

I think Dylan Moran looks very close to the cabby. I guess I've always imagined him as simple-looking. To me, he shouldn't look like someone that would be voted "World's Hottest Male". I'm not saying he should be ugly, but just have a simple look to him. That's how I've always imagined it because he's very humble and honest as a cabby and even when he is made king.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Sep 24, 2011 8:01 pm

This may be a strange suggestion, and I doubt anybody has ever heard of him, but how about Iwan Rheon, a Welsh actor, for King Frank/Cabby?

This is one of the few actors I base off of both acting and physical attributes. I've seen him act in a few things, and he is excellent.

I don't really know why, but recently while reading MN again, I thought that Mr. Rheon looked a lot like how I imagined King Frank/Cabby. He's only in his mid-20's, but with makeup you never know.
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Previous