This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Aslan's creation includes the whole world Narnia is in, yes?

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Aslan's creation includes the whole world Narnia is in, yes?

Postby Tumnus » Jan 15, 2020 5:10 am

Hello everyone,

As I've re-read the Chronicles, one question that occurs to me is when we read of the beginnings of Narnia in the Magician's Nephew whether that pertains to the country of Narnia only or to the entire world in which Narnia exists. Since the end of Caspian mentions Telmarines arriving in Telmar from Earth and the land having been unpeopled before then, I always assumed that Aslan created the whole world and that the different nationalities of humans all arrived through portals, though in the case of Telmar that is specifically spelled out but with Calormen it is not.

Pardon if this topic has been covered before, I've been a fan for three decades but am new to this site.
"Narnia, Narnia, Narnia,
Awake.

Love. Think. Speak.

Be Walking Trees

Be Talking Beasts

Be Divine Waters"
-The Magician's Nephew
Tumnus
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Aslan's creation includes the whole world Narnia is in, yes?

Postby Col Klink » Jan 15, 2020 7:23 am

When Digory and Polly are flying on Fledge, they see the country that they assume will become Archenland. So, yes, creating Narnia in this context clearly means creating the whole world.
For better or worse-for who knows what may unfold from a chrysalis?-hope was left behind.
-The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield & Edward Blishen
Col Klink
NarniaWeb Nut