This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Narnia-Con?

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Narnia-Con?

Postby Son of Narnia » Dec 21, 2015 8:43 pm

Hi Everyone! I haven't been on in over a year, so I apologize if this has been talked about in another topic or is in the wrong place.

Is there a convention strictly for Narnia fans? I think it would be a fun event to have, to dress as your favorite Narnian character, meet other Narnia fans, and whatever else you can think of that you would have or do at a Narnia Convention!
For Narnia! And for Aslan!

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in Him.

-Colossians 2:6
Son of Narnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Narnia-Con?

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Dec 22, 2015 3:20 pm

There isn't. . . not to my knowledge at least. It would be amazing to spend that amount of time with other Narnia fans. . . Every time that I've met up with people from this site, it's been a fantastic experience.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby PhelanVelvel » Dec 28, 2015 12:20 am

I've always wondered about this and wanted a Narnia convention of some sort! :< I know we don't have as big a following as some fanbases, but it would be awesome.
PhelanVelvel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Reepi » Dec 28, 2015 10:19 am

Wasn't there a con around the time the PC movie came out?
Reepi
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Impending Doom » Jan 04, 2016 6:03 pm

I do know one was planned for a weekend in June of 2008 called 'Lion Con' in Southern California. But I'm not sure if it happened. It had a few guests including Dr. Stanley Mattson, President of the C.S. Lewis Foundation; David Melvin, filmmaker of C.S. Lewis: Dreamer of Narnia, and the creators of Narniaweb.com, Narniafans.com, and TheLionsCall.com listed as there.

"Special features will include a Narnian Masquerade party, a costume contest, a trivia competition, an on-site museum of Narnian memorabilia, meet-and-greet meals for members of various fan sites, guest lectures, workshops and panels, and much much more"

Maybe when The Silver Chair comes out we can organize another! It would be awesome to have some of the past and present actors/producers of the Narnia films and shows come together for a weekend!
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jan 05, 2016 6:18 pm

It did indeed happen. Quite a few people came. I wasn't able to make it, but a lot of the mods did.
DiGoRyKiRkE

Postby Narnian88 » Sep 20, 2016 4:50 pm

DiGoRyKiRkE wrote:It did indeed happen. Quite a few people came. I wasn't able to make it, but a lot of the mods did.

Are there any pictures from this? Any chance of another one? Would be grateful for any stories about what happened. Thanks.
"I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there." - VDT
Narnian88
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Sep 20, 2016 6:09 pm

I would send a private message to ramagut. . . She was the one who put everything together.
DiGoRyKiRkE