What book's storyline would you experience?

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

What book's storyline would you experience?

Postby SilverSea » Feb 10, 2015 8:10 pm

If you were to experience one of the books storyline's from the POV of the main characters, what book would it be?

Would you like to experience the death of Charn and the creation of Narnia like Diggory and Polly? Would you sail the Dawn Treader and explore all of the islands and reach the World's End like Lucy, Edmund, and Eustace did?
SilverSea
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: What book's storyline would you experience?

Postby De_De » Feb 12, 2015 8:28 am

I think I would like to experience Lucy's first discovery of Narnia! I always loved that part in the book (and movie). I think it would be great to experience that awe and wonder from finding snow in the back of a wardrobe ;) And of course, seeing the lamppost, meeting Mr. Tumnus, having tea with Mr. Tumnus...ahhh it would be great :D
Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club
Asking for desperate prayer for a friend, for information click viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8064
De_De
NarniaWeb Guru
The Sunny Vitamin D (BC, retired)

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage (and a bunch of great NarniaWebbers) in Obi's spaceship

Postby DamselJillPole » May 21, 2015 2:03 am

The time when Lucy went to find the spell book in the Magician's mansion. I like anything mysterious which is why I chose this scene from the book.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby narnia fan 7 » Mar 05, 2016 1:14 pm

I would definitely want to experience the Voyage of the Dawn Treader sailing in too the unknown and seeing the things at the end of the world would be truely amazing.
“I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia.”
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby King_Erlian » Mar 07, 2016 6:54 am

Difficult choice. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is tempting but I have a bit of a phobia concerning boats - not quite as bad as Eustace (the Isle of Wight ferry is no problem at all) but weeks or even months on a sailing ship would be a bit much. The Magician's Nephew... I'd be fascinated with all the inter-dimensional travel, plus the creation of a world. Maybe I'd be a bit too much like Uncle Andrew for my own good. The Last Battle - experiencing travelling into ever-more-real Narnias would be mind-blowing.

But I think I'll go for The Horse And His Boy. Difficult, dangerous, but the rewards so much outweigh the hardships.
King_Erlian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Mar 08, 2016 12:48 am

Much as I would like the VDT storyline, having actually seen that lovely boat, which was used in Walden's filming, and stood on its deck, I really would prefer the storyline of HHB.

Spending time with a horse that could talk, or even any animal that could talk, though I might not always like what I hear. Riding to Tashbaan and beyond on a mission, across the desert, to be received by King Lune as a most appropriate and worthy messenger whose message saves the day. And most of all, to meet Aslan on the mountain top in that wonderful scene where he proclaims that he was with Shasta all along. And Aravis as well.
William the First was the first of our kings, not counting Ethelreds, Egberts and things.
And he had himself, crowned, anointed and blessed.
In 1066, I needn't tell you the rest...
- Eleanor Farjeon.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Aug 24, 2016 4:40 pm

I notice that no one has even considered The Silver Chair. Poor Jill, Eustace and Puddleglum. ;))

I've always had difficulty with this question because a number of them tempt me for various reasons, but I think I'll go with The Horse and His Boy. Plenty of natural beauty to take in while traveling through different types of terrain, and I think the court of Archenland would suit me well. I also haven't ridden a horse in a very long time and rather miss it. Being able to talk with one would be amazing!
—The Rose-Tree Dryad, a.k.a. Rose @};-
NW twin to Missy!
The Rose-Tree Dryad
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby wolfloversk » Sep 03, 2016 8:17 pm

Either where Lucy first enters Narnia (LWW) or where Shasta meets Bree (HHB)... I have a craving for adventure and discovering new places. And if I could turn around and have a horse talk to me that would be awesome! XD (Maybe not the whole about to be sold into slavery part, but they made it out okay in the end, right? :P )

Avi and sig by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master