This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Would you stay?

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Would you stay?

Postby KingOfTheNorth » Dec 01, 2014 12:17 am

Say one day you were in a Forrest and stumble into Narnia, you're greeted by Aslan and he sends you off on an adventure. When you had completed your task he give you an ultimatum,

Stay in Narnia for the rest of your life and rule as a King/Queen and never be able to go back to your own world or see your family/friends ever again OR go home and never go back to Narnia.

I honestly think I would stay in Narnia.

What would you do?
KingOfTheNorth
NarniaWeb Newbie

Re: Would you stay?

Postby Varnafinde » Dec 08, 2014 12:50 pm

It would depend on where I was in my life cycle.

If I was still young, and there were only my parents and siblings to leave behind, other than friends, I might at least be able to consider it. In a way, it would be tempting.

But if I was grown-up, with a husband and children of my own, I wouldn't leave them. I'd only stay if they could join me, like Frank the Cabby had his wife Helen be allowed to join him :)

It would be a cruel choice. I'm glad it was never put to the children in the books.
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby King_Erlian » Dec 09, 2014 3:15 am

Varnafinde wrote:It would be a cruel choice. I'm glad it was never put to the children in the books.

Wasn't it? Aslan didn't say to Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy that they could reign for years and years, then they would return home to England and revert to the ages they were when they arrived in Narnia, so no-one at home would ever know they'd been away. As far as they knew, when they were crowned Kings and Queens, they were going to spend the rest of their lives there. Either they had forgotten about their parents, Professor Kirke etc. or they thought that their new lives in Narnia would be so much better that it was worth giving them up.

As for me, I think I'd stay. Life would be so good in Narnia.
King_Erlian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby HyperWing » Dec 09, 2014 4:09 pm

It would be a tough choice for me as I would probably feel a connection to both worlds having lived in them. I would have to consider alot of things. If I go back will there be another king/queen to rule in my place and how much I would miss the friends I had made in Narnia on my adventure? If I stayed and how much I would miss my friends and family back on my own world and what adventures I would be missing on my own world?

However I believe in the end I would choose to stay in Narnia. Lots to do there and many adventures to be had.
HyperWing
HyperWing
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lilygloves » Jan 05, 2015 11:09 pm

I would probably stay because I know that Aslan's Country includes our world. I wouldn't know that at the time, but it's still a benefit. I don't know how easy it would be to leave Narnia.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby DamselJillPole » May 21, 2015 1:49 am

That's really hard because I would miss my mom and my friends if I stayed in Narnia. I would worry more about my mom because I'm all she's got and I know it would drive her insane to the point of death if I disappeared. I would stay if I could have my mom there with me too. If not then no.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby PhelanVelvel » Nov 01, 2015 12:49 am

I think if you get to go to Narnia, once you've completed your task there, you naturally want to come back to this world. Not because you wouldn't ultimately prefer life in Narnia, but because you are so used to being a vessel for goodness and change that you would feel not much use in the Narnian world any longer. Think about it: "if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to do another and harder and better one."

I think that's why the children always sort of accepted going back to our world. This planet benefits more from the courage, wisdom, and compassion forged in Narnia than Narnia at peace does. Don't get me wrong, I wish I could live in Narnia too, but once you complete your mission there, your light will shine brighter here.

You may think you'd choose Narnia, but at the end of the day, could you go on living there knowing that you had a more profound perspective on existence than almost anyone else on Earth? Wouldn't you want to come back and change things here?
PhelanVelvel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby wild rose » Jun 01, 2016 12:19 pm

Tough question. At this point in my life I might agree to stay forever in Narnia ;)) but of course there are friends and family back in the real world and I wouldn't want to be parted from them forever. I guess what I would do is ask Aslan what he thinks is best. Does he feel that it would be better to stay and rule Narnia, or is my place at home. I mean, I know he's giving me a choice, but he probably knows what would be the better option.
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Spontaneouslightning » Oct 24, 2016 6:20 pm

I think this is a very good and a very hard question . I think depending on your place in life it would usually have the most impact on your decision .A lot of the time we want to disappear when life gets hard . but at the same time those moments in life (once overcome) can help define who we are, to help us grow ,which brings us closer to Aslan . the thought of leaving behind forever people you love is kinda scary. I agree with so many,as much as I would love to live there, the perfect serene life seems unfulfilling without the people we love. I like this question , it makes you think about things. also , I kinda like to think, by being more like Aslan we bring little pieces of Narnia to our world.
Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different… – “Prince Caspian”
Spontaneouslightning
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby HazyHays » Nov 14, 2016 12:53 pm

Narnia is pretty amazing that is for sure, but so are my family and friends. This would be a question that I'd have to think hard on for some period of time before making a decision because it would not only affect the rest of my life but also many others lives. I know my Mom, dad, and Little Brother would be devastated not ever see me again as I would them. I would also miss my friends a ton and ruling Narnia would be a really tough job. So off the top of my head I think I'd go back home.
"Daughter of Eve from the far land of Spare Oom, around the bright city War Drobe, how would it be if you came and had tea with me?"~ Mr. Tumnus
HazyHays
NarniaWeb Regular