This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The other lion in LWW

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

The other lion in LWW

Postby AnimalOfNarnia » Sep 09, 2013 4:39 pm

This was another topic I'm embaressed about. I wish somebody would delete it.
AnimalOfNarnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: The other lion in LWW

Postby wild rose » Sep 13, 2013 1:29 pm

I always thought of him as a full grown lion, only for some reason, I had a hard time imagining his mane. I suppose I think of him as a young lion, not a cub, but not fully grown yet. I don't know why, I suppose it's because in the movie he doesn't seem to have a mane. Or perhaps in the movie they decided to make him a cougar (a mountain lion) then I suppose it would make sense about him not having a mane. So, yeah, I always imagined him as a lion without a mane, haha :)
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby coracle » Sep 14, 2013 12:16 am

We often refer to him as the "Us-Lion". He was so proud to be treated so respectfully by Aslan. :)
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Oct 23, 2013 7:50 am

I always assumed he was the lion Edmund wrote on, but it never comes right out and says it in the book. He must have been a full grown lion otherwise he wouldn't have been able to carry all the creatures Aslan loaded him up with. ;))
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb