This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ever got the wrong end of the stick?

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Re: Ever got the wrong end of the stick?

Postby Meltintalle » Jul 18, 2013 11:48 am

Aravanna wrote: I still picture [a marmalade roll] as a bunt cake with orange marmalade. No idea if that's even close, or how bunt cakes and Narnia ended up together in my imagination.

So did/do I! :-o :D

I remember being confused about something in PC; and I think it was in the description of the different soils the trees ate. But I can't remember what it was so of course that's not interesting at all. :p
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby UltimateSchweetWarrior » Jul 19, 2013 12:44 pm

lionsmane13 wrote:When I first read the books I had no idea what Turkish Delight was, for some reason I thought it was some kind of turkey.

So I'm not the only one? I thought that even when I saw the movie, until my mom told me what it really was.
UltimateSchweetWarrior
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby aileth » Jul 12, 2014 10:59 pm

Invariably, when reading HHB, I find myself visualizing the map the wrong way. I know that they are heading north, but somehow I always picture the sea to the left. Then I'm reading and some direction is given, and I have to flip my mental image--mirror image. Then farther along the same thing happens. It's mainly in relation to the sea and Tashbaan--into the desert and beyond is no problem. Except for the pass between Anvard and Narnia.

Most frustrating, and something that refuses to straighten itself out.
Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle
aileth
Peripatetic powder-room sub

Postby King_Erlian » Jul 14, 2014 5:52 am

That's interesting, because I've done exactly the same thing.
King_Erlian
NarniaWeb Guru

Previous