This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Favorite way to enter Narnia

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Which way?

Using Magic rings
13%
Walking though a Wardrobe
46%
Being pulled in by Magic
4%
Walking into a cave
No votes
Falling into a picture
25%
Opening a door
4%
Dieing (It is one of the ways!)
8%

Total votes : 24

Favorite way to enter Narnia

Postby aslansothername » Oct 13, 2009 4:23 pm

Alright, there are 7 different ways that you (from the book) can enter Narnia. How would you like to enter? Please tell why
Want to become an informed American teen?
http://www.t4at.webs.com/
aslansothername
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: Favorite way to enter Narnia

Postby narnian_at_heart » Oct 13, 2009 4:52 pm

I think the wardrobe one is coolest. Probably because when I was younger, whenever I opened a door, I'd hold my breath hoping I'd get into Narnia (especially at night).
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby TheGeneral » Oct 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Falling into a picture, by far. There's just something about that, I always wished I could do it as a kid whenever I saw a neat painting (my grandma had quite a few).
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby daughter of the King » Oct 14, 2009 1:35 pm

There is something magical about all the ways. But I voted for walking through a wardrobe because it is even more out of the ordinary.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Oct 14, 2009 4:41 pm

I voted dying because then I would get to stay and not have to come back. :D My second choice would be going through a picture.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby aslansothername » Oct 14, 2009 4:59 pm

I didn't think that when I put dieing that some one would pick that. =)) Well, i guess I can always be wrong ;) .
aslansothername
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby greenbird37 » Oct 14, 2009 8:18 pm

I would love to go through Narnia through a picture, I too always wanted to do this, I find it very facinating and magical. My second choice would be the wardrobe, so cool! :)
"We have nothing if not belief"
greenbird37
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby GlimGlum » Oct 14, 2009 9:29 pm

When I first read VDT, I thought that the picture on the wall coming to life was just the neatest thing. It really got my imagination going as to whether the picture grew larger or the children smaller: I imagined that both happened. :-$

So guess what I voted for? Being sucked into a pillow case of course. :-o
Just kidding. :D Never happened that we know of so the magic picture gets my vote. :ymapplause:
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby Aslans Country » Oct 15, 2009 12:55 am

I voted for the wardrobe, just because it's the first one (well, that I read about) and it's so magical. :)

The picture is pretty cool too, but stepping into a snowy wood is a lot better than being thrown into the cold sea and swimming for your life. :p

narnian_at_heart wrote:I think the wardrobe one is coolest. Probably because when I was younger, whenever I opened a door, I'd hold my breath hoping I'd get into Narnia (especially at night).

Me too. :D
Avie by flambeau.

"I'm there through your heartache, I'm there in the storm.. I don’t care where you've fallen, where you have been, I'll never forsake you, my love never ends, it never ends."
-Times, Tenth Avenue North
Aslans Country
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lillian » Oct 15, 2009 1:55 pm

I have to admit that when I was younger, after reading LWW I tried every closet in my house to see if I could get into Narnia. I never did. :(( It was still kinda fun anyway. ;)

I voted for falling into a picture though, because it sounds more fun. I love the idea of sitting on my bed then being suddenly pulled by Magic into a picture! :D
Avatar and Signature by lover of narnia Thank you!
Lillian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby GlimGlum » Oct 15, 2009 3:47 pm

Aslans Country wrote:The picture is pretty cool too, but stepping into a snowy wood is a lot better than being thrown into the cold sea and swimming for your life. :p

I tend to ignore that part. :D I really do like the visual aspect of the picture coming to life and the sounds and smells and a splash of Narnian ocean water coming into Eustace's room. B-)

However, I would also prefer ending up on a snowy landscape to landing in the ocean fully dressed. =;
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby aslansothername » Oct 16, 2009 5:16 pm

My aunt runs a Bed and Breakfast, and in one of her guest rooms she has a wardrobe (it looks like the drawing in the book :-o ), and the first time I saw it i looked around to make sure no one was watching and opened the door. Sadly there were no clothes in the wardrobe, and I could not step into it because the floor of the wardrobe did not touch the floor of the room, but I still had fun knocking on the wood at the back of it =)) . SO that is my little wardrobe story. (btw my aunt had moth balls in the wardrobe!!!! :D )
aslansothername
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Oct 17, 2009 7:34 am

aslansothername wrote:I didn't think that when I put dieing that some one would pick that. =)) Well, i guess I can always be wrong ;) .

Well, I've never claimed to be normal so I can understand why I would pick something you would think no one would pick. ;) I also thought perhaps I should clarify that I have not gotten on trains in hopes that they would crash or anything along those lines. ;)
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby Peepiceeka » Oct 18, 2009 3:29 pm

Walking into a regular wardrobe and coming out in Narnia definately wins my vote! I can't think of anything that would be more magical. :)
Peepiceeka
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby ArcherForAslan » Oct 18, 2009 5:42 pm

Pattertwigs Pal wrote:I voted dying because then I would get to stay and not have to come back. :D

I voted the same as you, Pattertwigs Pal, for the very same reason. :p But the best part of dying to get there, besides the fact that you wouldn't have to come back, is that you would be in Aslan's Country, which is infinitely greater than just Narnia. :D

My second vote would go to the Wardrobe one because there's just something so magical about going into what you think is an ordinary wardrobe and ending up in a wonderful magical world.
Avy by Sarah from totallygeorgie.com
ArcherForAslan
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby NaiadWaker » Oct 18, 2009 6:39 pm

Well, there's one you didn't put:
"being blown"
That's what I would've said. The feeling just sounds magical. And which book did "opening a door" come from? Sorry, I haven't read them in a looooong while. Was that SC? Because, technically, they were blown. And if you meant a gate, then they weren't there when they got to the gate.
Then I would have to say dying, since that would be eternal, then the wardrobe, then pulled by magic.
I would've hated doing it how Polly had to do it, as it was done to her against her will. And then I would've been shocked to fall through a picture. The other ways are more pleasant. (Except dying) Walking into a cave, okay, but not as mystifying.
NaiadWaker
NarniaWeb Junkie

Next