This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Hey! this Remids me of that time in Narnia.....

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Hey! this Remids me of that time in Narnia.....

Postby D-T » Oct 08, 2011 6:32 pm

Have you ever seen something that reminds you of a time in the Narnia books? :-o
or something that looks so Narnian you could cry? :((
if this happens to you then post a picture here! (please, don't try to show us the picture by facebook or twitter because some people don't have accounts so they can't see it) if you see something that makes you think of something Narnian, whip out your phone, camera, or whatever, and take the picture post it here so we all can see it!
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSS
D-T
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: My head is in the clouds, Im not really sure what the rest of me is doing...

Re: Hey! this Remids me of that time in Narnia.....

Postby narnialuver » Nov 09, 2011 7:27 am

In the woods near my house. it has big boulders It looks a lot like Narnia

The Hobbit in theaters: 14 December 2012
narnialuver
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby wolfloversk » Nov 09, 2011 4:25 pm

Hah I was looking for this thread...

1) In the winter the woods by my house remind me of LWW
2) Lake Ontario Makes me think of VDT, cause it's just endless water. A lot of the courtyard in my college have a Narnian feel too. And people have said that Glimmerglass Lagoon is a Narnian sounding name.

I always thought these lampposts at my college were very Narnian looking:

Here's a good one of Lake Ontario.

Click on the pics to enlarge
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Nov 09, 2011 7:18 pm

Hmm, the closest thing to Narnia I have around here is an old little wardrobe in the far corner of our basement with some old bags and winter coats, but unfortunately, I have seen no signs of snow, trees, a lamppost, or any fauns with packages. :p
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby wolfloversk » Nov 12, 2011 10:51 pm

Louloudi the Centaur wrote:I have seen no signs of snow, trees, a lamppost, or any fauns with packages. :p

XD I wish you have!

My parents old bed had a carving of a ship embeded in the headboard :) Never got sucked in or had the room flood however (nor did it have a Dragon's Prow)
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Glumpuddle » Nov 16, 2011 9:08 am

Basically anytime I see a walk-in closet with the clothes hanging a certain way... ;)
YouTube.com/gpuddle | Facebook.com/gpuddle | Twitter.com/glumpuddle
Glumpuddle
NarniaWeb Zealot
Multimedia Producer, News Poster, Social Media Manager

Postby Lilygloves » Nov 20, 2011 1:43 pm

Whenever I see a lamp post I think of Narnia and of course a wardrobe. We used to have a wardrobe (it didn't look anything like the one in the movie) but I convinced my neighbor a few years ago (we were both very young) that you could get to Narnia through it. I wish...
Whenever I see an old-fashioned ship I assume it's the Dawn Treader and when I'm on a long trip and see rolling hills I imagine the first Battle of Beruna with satyrs and centaurs and all those characters. There was one place in Maine that we passed by on vacation where there were big white rocks in a field and it reminded me very much of Elephant Rocks, the place where they shot the Battle scene.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Jan 09, 2012 3:39 pm

It is a year since the last Narnia film was released, and there doesn't seem any plans to make any more in the near future. But I could be forgiven for thinking otherwise when I went down to my local shopping centre yesterday. :-\ The ice-cream kiosk opposite the movie theatre had Turkish delight flavoured ice-cream. Next, the cafe further along had some sort of Turkish Delight topped dessert.(Cheesecake? mousse? I will have to investigate further). As well, beside it, was one of those fancy stemmed display plates, heaped with sugar-dusted pieces of Turkish delight.

Then when I went into the supermarket, along with the other packets of Tim Tams chocolate biscuits, I found there was a new flavour on offer - yes, Turkish Delight. :-o =))

I can't think of any other book or series of books other than Narnia which even mentions this form of sweetie, let alone twice. And Christmas, when boxes of Turkish Delight are on offer among other seasonal delights, has been and gone. Is there something Narnian I am missing with all this sudden promotion of Turkish Delight? /:)
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot