This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

New LOTR vs. Narnia Poll

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Which fantasy is better?

The Chronicles of Narnia
71%
The Lord of the Rings
29%

Total votes : 75

Re: New LOTR vs. Narnia Poll

Postby Lady Haleth » Jun 05, 2010 6:34 am

There should be a 'both' option! I love them both and I can't decide. But I think they are kind of hard to compare, seeing as Narnia was written for children (though you see even more in it as an adult), and the Lord of the Rings was written for older people. Comparing Narnia to The Hobbit might be a better idea. But they are the supreme example of different types of fantasy. Narnia is the perfect 'travel-to-another-world' story, and LOTR is the perfect 'this-other-world-is-all-there-is' story.
The glory of God is man fully alive--St. Iraneus
Salvation is a fire in the midnight of the soul-Switchfoot
Lady Haleth
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby sandyentersNarnia » Jun 30, 2010 2:09 am

I totally voted for Narnia, since it was the only set of books I have read. Narnia for now, makes it to my top vote for this. Sorry LOTR Fans! :D.

"Two sides of the same coin"
sandyentersNarnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Pepper Darcy » Jun 30, 2010 10:09 am

oooh! I can't *choose*! Both have such great elements! Narnia has Aslan and Lucy and Ed and the good creatures; LotR has Hobbits and Elves and is a lot longer... I can't *choose* :(

Ditto Lady Heath! I could *so* choose Narnia over The Hobbit, though I very much enjoy that story as well! But LotR VS Narnia is really hard. At least bookwise it is. Moviewise is different.

:music: risk it all cuz I'll catch you if you fall... if my heart was a house you'd be home :music:
Pepper Darcy
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby ElfMaidenArcheroRivendell » Jul 16, 2010 2:04 am

Why, oh, why do we have to compare Narnia between LOTR!!! X( Of course Narnia is going to get more votes! It is a Narnia fan site. I voted for LotR, of course. I am a sincere, devout traditional Roman Catholic by the way. Just like Tolkien, before Vatican 2. Lewis would've never written Narnia, without Tolkien converting him from atheism to Christianity. Though Narnia would have been completely perfect if Lewis became Catholic, instead of Protestant. To me, LOTR is written with more reality, deep beauty, respect, history, & Christianity. It has more effort & wisdom, knowledge, joy, and sorrow; all of which a perfect read should have. Even though some of it is misunderstood, you can still sense that power, which is closer to our world, which is full of so much sorrow, pain, man's pride, age. You get what I mean. So next time, someone will not come up with a Christian books comparison/poll, especially between Narnia & LotR, on a Narnia site, hopefully. Thanks for reading! :)
-(Tom Hiddleston (2012), Kenneth Branagh (1989) & Laurence Olivier (1944) as Henry V)

sig: Narnian_Archer
avy:campgirl

King Caspian X fan and supporter of Lillian
ElfMaidenArcheroRivendell
NarniaWeb Nut

Previous