This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Favorite Narnian Place

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Re: Favorite Narnian Place

Postby narnian_at_heart » Nov 02, 2009 12:43 pm

I think Cair Paravel is my favorite place. I live in a large house over looking the ocean and in the morning when the ocean is flat calm and the sun is shining on the mountains, it's just beautiful. I imagine Narnia very similar to where I live.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby aravistarkheena » Nov 22, 2009 2:40 pm

I don't think that I can pick just one place! But, I think that overall, my favorite place has got to be dancing lawn. I just love the idea of dances and all of that!
Enough Nikabrik! Or do I have to sit on your head again?!?!
aravistarkheena
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Katana » Dec 14, 2009 7:08 pm

I rather like Aslans Country, Bism, Cair Paravel and the Shuddering Wood.
they all seem like such epic, whismical places..........I shall visit them one day.

-Katana
Katana
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: Sitting on a sunny windowsill in the back hallway reading a book

Postby Alice_WL » Dec 17, 2009 10:12 am

well, I'd like to vist the western garden in the Magician's Nephew.. I imagine it to be many miles wide - thick with trees and plants of all sorts of colors and scents - and of course the fountain.. I imagined it to be around 7 ft tall with bright blue water flowing from it.. I'd like to see how the golden gates would look as well.. I imagined them as being solid, but with a design ingraved the the very gold surface, along with the warning.. the garden comes off feeling very dark (in a good way) and secretive.. like having your own huge hide away where none could find you.. ^^

Charn would be interesting, but maybe not a favorite of mine sinse it's all in ruins.. ):

And I like the dark city underground where the Green Lady dwelt.. very different.. O.o
"Who knows what I could bring, flying high upon a wing.
I believe that anything can be a princess thing."
- Princess Sofia the First
Alice_WL
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 17, 2009 2:16 pm

I love Tumnus' Cave! it sounds SO cozy and welcoming! :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby -centaur- » Jan 09, 2010 3:27 pm

Difficult question. I have couple different categories of favourite places.

I am presently writing a trilogy of fantasy books, and occasionally I think of a setting and think "I should write about that!" my favourite place to write about would be Charn. In the second book of the trilogy, one of the cities is similar to how I imagine Charn's early days.

As for a favourite place to live, I don't know. Aslan's country probably. Also Cair Paravel and Maybe Harfang, provided the giants are gone.
-centaur-
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby [wrath] » Jan 18, 2010 5:40 pm

I only have 2 places in the Narnia world I'd love to vist!

1. Bism. I'd love to be able to eat diamonds and rubies! ;)
2. The beginning of the end of the world. I'd also love to drink the sweet water and see cool mer-people! Sounds fun! :p

But then, the more I think about, I'd love to visit the woods between the worlds! That way I could go to heaps of interesting places! :D I guess that now makes 3...
Day of Wrath, that day of burning,
Seer and Sibyl speak concerning,
All the world to ashes turning.
[wrath]
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jan 18, 2010 6:29 pm

Wow, there is absolutely no way that I could pick just a single place. That would be far to difficult a task! I would love to visit:

The Western Wood: The fact that it is the area in which the world first began, the fact that the lamppost grew there, and the fact that it is home to Tumnus makes it up amongst the top five.

The Eastern Marshes: I've always wanted to see the rivers, the ponds, the vast expanses of reeds, the birds, the marshwiggles (and their huts) not to mention the vast expansive moor of ettinsmoor stretching ahead for miles

Aslan's How: I've always had a strange fascination with caves/being underground. I think that it would be absolutely fantastic to explore the tunnels, and the surrounding forrests, particularly because the area is so steeped with history.

The Mountains of Archenland, the bazaars of Tashbaan, the western wilds, and so many others riddle my imagination to the extent where they all seem real to me. In a way, I don't need to visit them; I feel I already have ;)
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby moo25 » Jan 24, 2010 5:03 pm

Cair Paravel or the Great Western Woods. I LOVE both these places. Cair Paravel because I love castles, and Cair sounds like the most beautiful place ever, getting the sunset every night and facing the eastern sea. And if it looks anything like it did in the LWW movie, then I'd die for the chance to go there.
The Western Wood because I love woodland places, and this is where all the Dryads and Niads hang out. Also, the Lampost is in the Western Wood, and Mr Tumnus' cave is here. But I think it's mostly because I love the smell of the woods, and I love nature and trees. They draw me to them and Narnian Woods must be so beautiful! :x
I stand with the Lord at my side, always.
For Narnia and the North!
Be the change you want to see in the world.

moo25
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jan 25, 2010 6:46 am

moo25 wrote:Cair sounds like the most beautiful place ever, getting the sunset every night and facing the eastern sea.

Actually, Cair Paravel would never see a sunset across the sea. That was an effect in the film, that was actually quite wrong. Cair Paravel is said to face the east, but the sun sets in the west. Therefore, Cair Paravel would have glorious sunrises, but sunsets would be just as average or ordinary as any where else :P
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby Narnian_Warrior » Jan 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Hmmm, I'd say Miraz's castle. I like Miraz's castle a lot because of the design and beauty of the architecture. Cair Paravel in a close second.
Image sig by MementoMorrie
Narnian_Warrior
NarniaWeb Regular

Previous