This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Narnian Dream...

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Re: Narnian Dream...

Postby StarAsterisk » Dec 30, 2010 6:53 am

I had a dream i was with the Pevensies and there was this obstacle course. we had to go through and my partner was Peter. For some reason at the end it faded into Will Turner and Jack Sparrow by the beach.... Haha my dreams almost never make any sense.
signature by Beginte
StarAsterisk
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby outlier » Dec 30, 2010 1:45 pm

One time I had a dream where I was in an icy place and then the White Witch was coming up with her polar bear sled (from the battle scene) and then Gandalf went up to her and yelled the imfamous "YOU SHALL NOT PASS" line. The ice broke, and then she was on a little floating piece of ice :)
Signature by Tarkheena, Avatar by Ithilwen
Sneaky Ninja of the Lurkers Club
outlier
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby moo25 » Jan 02, 2011 3:27 pm

I had a really weird dream last night where I was staying in a mansion with old!Susan, and she was playing the soundtrack from the first movie on her ipod. When i asked her about it she denied it, and that night she went up to the attic, and I followed her, randomly morphing into Lucy and Young!Susan looking exactly as they did when looking through the bushes at the stone table in the first movie, even though Old!Susan was still there...
Then Susan went into the Wardrobe with the Harry Potter characters...and it all goes a bit bit blurry after that. I think there was some sort of strange fire and everyone had to go through the wardrobe really quickly.
It's the first Narnia dream I've had in a while, but I got the feeling I'd had it before. It was very odd.

outlier, I very much like the sound of your dream, it made me giggle ;))
I stand with the Lord at my side, always.
For Narnia and the North!
Be the change you want to see in the world.

moo25
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby silver- » Jan 03, 2011 6:45 pm

Hey everyone, long time lurker, first time poster here!

So you guys are talking about Narnian dreams, well how about Narnian lucid dreams?
Just imagine what you could do ;)
silver-
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby outlier » Jan 03, 2011 7:01 pm

Welcome to Narniaweb silver-! I was a long time lurker too before I joined!

Anyways, I have attempted to lucid dream when I first heard about it, unfortunately I'm not the best at it :(
Signature by Tarkheena, Avatar by Ithilwen
Sneaky Ninja of the Lurkers Club
outlier
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Jan 03, 2011 7:37 pm

I had never even heard of a "lucid dream" before I read that post, silver-. It would be so interesting if I had one (particularly if it included a lovely walk through Lantern Waste, and a couple of moonlight dances with the nymphs and dryads and fauns!)
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby silver- » Jan 04, 2011 7:25 pm

outlier wrote:Welcome to Narniaweb silver-! I was a long time lurker too before I joined!

Anyways, I have attempted to lucid dream when I first heard about it, unfortunately I'm not the best at it :(

Thanks for the welcome! Have you had any luck so far? It's worth the while to keep trying so you can go to Narnia :)

DiGoRyKiRkE wrote:I had never even heard of a "lucid dream" before I read that post, silver-. It would be so interesting if I had one (particularly if it included a lovely walk through Lantern Waste, and a couple of moonlight dances with the nymphs and dryads and fauns!)

Not surprised, lucid dreaming is unknown to most people :p
One of my goals is to reach Narnia. Actually this morning I was having lucid dreams, I managed to chain about 7 of them (waking up and re-enter same dream again), and I saw a closet, I thought of Lantern Waste and opened, but unfortunately it didn't work :(.
silver-
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Jan 05, 2011 6:36 pm

Wow! Well, I recently had a dream that's kind of Narnia-related. Hmm, let me remember, it grows fuzzy- oh yes!

I was climbing up those stairs like in McDonald's where they're triangles and go first one way, then the other. ;)) Well then Will Poulter comes along. And then we were swimming in this big square pool. And then I treid to get a pic of him on my sis's camera, but it wasn't a good pic (he was squinting). So I tried to get another one but the camera wasn't working, so he went back to change into dry clothes. And then I went back too and he was watching tv. It was like my family was in a hotel room like in England or something and he was visiting us. Probably I was going to act w/ him soon as Jill. ;;)

Ah, yes, the first dream in a while, but definitely not the first Jill Pole dream...*sigh*

Anyway, crazy, huh? =))

Lu :)
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Aravis Narnia » Jan 09, 2011 1:59 pm

I did dream of Narnia last night.

Not the usual traveling to Narnia dream.

But one of my real life pipedreams:

I dreamt that I was in the set of the filming of The Horse and His Boy movie. And that I was playing Aravis Tarkheena. And that everything was going well. And it felt very realistic.

But either it was a lucid dream, a dream within a dream, or I woke up quickly afterwards. Because I realized shortly and sadly afterwards that it was just a dream.
Aravis Narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Jan 10, 2011 2:11 pm

I had a dream long ago that me and the kid who played Eustace were waiting to go to the place to act in SC. :(( Hate when you wake up and realize it was all just a dream! :p

Lu
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby silver- » Jan 10, 2011 8:10 pm

Had another lucid dream two nights ago, I was in my room and it was really dark and then I somehow fell, and then thought of Aslan to help me up. I looked up and saw him running past me and I got up :D
silver-
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby TheGeneral » Jan 11, 2011 10:05 am

I had one very notable dream about Narnia once... :p
I just entered Narnia with the Pevensies, and it was winter and it was really beautiful. But then we saw a creepy wizard kill a rabbit, so we tried to hide. Somehow we were discovered and forced to go inside a huge house, a lot of evil people worked there and it was somehow cursed so we couldn't leave it.
So I decided to act really weird and do unexpected things to see if that would somehow allow us to get free, I began laughing histerically and once and awhile punching people (lol!).
It worked and we escaped through a window, and we were able to sort of fly as we ran away. We ran into some huge wolves, but Peter and I were able to fight them off.

Yep, that's about it. =))
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Jul 11, 2011 7:27 pm

I've had a lot of Narnia dreams.

In one, Peter, Susan, Caspian, and Scooby-Doo were by a river in Narnia. Scooby was freaked out by something, and Peter told him to shut up. Maybe Scooby believed those legends of ghosts in Cair Paravel. :p

My next dream featured me in a valley in Australia while VDT was filming. Suddenly I was holding a poster that said, "Missing. Skandar Keynes." I was more concerned about filming getting done, and was complaining for the film crew to get a replacement.

Another dream I had was of a blooper reel for VDT. Then suddenly, I had a dream in a dream. Rhince was talking to another sailor about how he had a dream about Gael because she was stolen by the green mist with a bunch of zucchini. I have absolutely no idea what this meant. :p

Yet another one I had. I was Jill, and Eustace was with me. We were in a dark forest and were very scared. He even had a flaming sword. Then Glimfeather appeared, eyes first.

The most recent dream of Narnia featured the VDT film in a different story style. The seven swords were all found before Dark Island and I helped. Then Caspian, or maybe Edmund, wondered where Eustace was. He was a dragon, and stuck on the Dark Island. The rest after that is a blur.

That's all for now. Though I did have a very brief dream that The Magician's Nephew had been given the green light...
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby wolfloversk » Jul 16, 2011 9:45 pm

Oh golly... before VDT came out I was having tons of dreams of being captain on board a Narnian style ship (called the Sundance Rain with a winged wolf on the prow and with lots of gold decorations and plating, it was beautiful), seeing the VDT trailer, and even seeing it in theaters (I must admit I liked my subconscious's version better than the real one ;)) )

Actually I'm thinking that it's dreams that got me interested in Narnia in the first place... I've always had dreams of a kind of parallel universe, not like Narnia, but ones with the same people and general places as our own, but the buildings were different, the roads were different- though they were always the same in the dream... but there's one that happened so long ago it feels more like a memory than a dream, but how can it be a memory... There's a door to the attic in my room, but the knob was broken off before I was born. In this dream/memory/who knows what my mom took the end of one of our spoons, stuck it in the hole to take the place of the knob and opened it and inside was a gray carpeted staircase leading down to who knows where... She was coaxing me to go down it, but I was scared and refused... I don't remember anything other than that. Of coarse in our house there is no downward staircase there... but I have since found that if you have a spoon or fork of the right size the door can be opened in the same way. What it all means I don't know, but I do know it was partly because of this mystery that I connected so well to Lucy in the Narnia books, and why the books and the movies have grown so dear to me. I guess they give me hope there might be an adventure lying behind the next door ;)
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Aug 01, 2011 9:49 am

I have now had yet another Narnia dream.

I went on NarniaWeb to check for news, and there was a big announcement : We had a Magician's Nephew script.

I was thrilled to hear this, but at the same time I was nervous. Somebody was reading over it, and I asked,"Is there a battle?" and they replied, "Just a small fight." I was relieved.

What a great dream. A true to the book Narnia script. Hopes to hear of news soon. :)
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Weirdo » Aug 01, 2011 1:01 pm

I dreamed, once, that I was in a carriage if sorts with Peter, Susan, Edmund, Lucy and Eustace. We stopped outside Cair Paravel, and Tumnus (yeah, Tumnus) and told us we were being attacked from the back. We climbed to the back wall, and saw a bunch of programs on lightcycles! (Tron, I guess).

One I had about three weeks ago was:
I was sittiing in a small restaurant, and Peter came up and started talking to me. i was dressed from that era, too!

Those are pretty mild, considering they're MY dreams. =))
Member of the Switchfoot Club! :D
NW siblings: wild rose, DeDe, The Jedi Clone, Melian Maia, Gathmandais, TheDwarfMan, and csjesi.
I'm a Northie! :D
Member of Loki's Army
Aegrenil, fifth Time Guardian.
Weirdo
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: Catching Sherlock Holmes with a lasso as he falls, of course!

PreviousNext