This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Documentaries on narnia/ Lewis

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Documentaries on narnia/ Lewis

Postby Valiant » Sep 09, 2010 2:02 pm

Does anyone know any good documentaries/youtube videos about C.S. Lewis and the Narnia books?

Thanks in advance :)
Signature by daughter of the King; Avatar by Adeona

Keeper of the Secret Magic
Valiant
NarniaWeb Guru

Re: Documentaries on narnia/ Lewis

Postby Ithilwen » Sep 10, 2010 2:52 am

I saw an amazing one in the Extended Edition of LWW, on one of the extra discs. Besides that, there's a movie about his life called Shadowlands which I saw, which apparently was pretty accurate. :)

~Riella
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Re: Documentaries on narnia/ Lewis

Postby N-E-M » Dec 15, 2010 9:47 am

My father found an interesting documentary for me to watch when I was learning about Sigmund Freud in my English class at college. It is called - The Question of God: Sigmund Freud and C.S. Lewis. It was produced by PBS in 2004 and compares the lives of these two influential men. Using reenactments and pictures to tell the stories of the experiences of these two men, the documentary also centers around a discussion group that was created for the film. The group includes an atheist, a Buddhist, a Christian, and others possessing various levels of religious faith. They discusses the lives of these influential men and some of Lewis and Freud's thoughts on various issues, comparing them with their own personal beliefs.

The movie does drag for younger viewers, but I found it extremely fascinating and would strongly recommend it! Especially for fans of C.S. Lewis. :)

Member of the Tenth Avenue North fan club
Signature and Avatar Set by Princess Anna
N-E-M
NarniaWeb Regular