This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Favorite Non-human Narnian

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

It's a creature feature! Choose your favorite from the wilder side of Narnia.

Aslan (all books)
30%
Mr. and Mrs. Beaver (LWW)
1%
Tumnus (LWW)
7%
Trumpkin (PC)
2%
Reepicheep (PC/VDT)
21%
Puddleglum (SC)
23%
Hwin and Bree (HHB)
3%
Fledge (MN)
1%
Jewel (LB)
6%
Other (please specify)
6%

Total votes : 135

Re: Favorite Non-human Narnian

Postby aaronnz » May 24, 2014 6:38 pm

Puddleglum and Mr. and Mrs. Beaver (LWW). They are cute beavers.
aaronnz
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby CaptainM » Jun 30, 2014 1:43 pm

I went other because my favorites are Centors especially Glenstorm and
Roonwit They are noble and brave. The first time I watched the movie
I liked them right away.
"How can you govern a country which has 246 varieties of cheese"-Charles De Gaulle
CaptainM
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jul 17, 2014 6:46 pm

While it's so tempting to pick a character like Puddleglum, Reepicheep or even Jewel, I ultimately had to go with Aslan. There is so much wisdom and layered symbolism to be found in his words and actions in the Chronicles. His character and other characters' interactions with him are truly the best parts of the series, and he's the "glue" that holds all of the books together, if you will. He is a truly remarkable character; I've never seen anything like Aslan anywhere else in fiction.
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Valiant_Nymph » May 05, 2018 9:22 pm

Puddleglum! I love how he puts a bold face on everything. I'm a pessimist, so Puddleglum's courage is inspiring to me.
Valiant_Nymph
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Narnian78 » Feb 18, 2019 4:42 am

My favorite Narnia character would have to be Puddleglum. I am rather gloomy and skeptical at heart. It was an advantage for Puddleglum to not be so gullible and somewhat distrusting of the giants. His outlook on life was not completely sad but rather a healthy skepticism as was his view of the giants at Harfang. :)
Narnian78
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Grandmama » Apr 06, 2019 11:17 am

Reepicheep for his courage and leadership, but also because he is funny and so cute in the movies.

(Mrs. Beaver is also a favorite!)
"I suppose the sewing machine's too heavy to bring?. . . I can't abide the thought of that Witch fiddling with it. . ."
Grandmama
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Geekicheep » Aug 23, 2019 4:12 pm

My favorite? Reepicheep, of course! =))

Oh okay, I'll give a better answer than that. Of course I love Aslan, but as a kid, I didn't understand Aslan. It was weird: you got this powerful witch, a kingdom of talking animals who are so afraid of her they don't even mention her name, and one random lion stops her; even with the explanation of the Deep Magic, the whole thing about him coming back from the dead just seemed a bit "deuce ex maquina" (though I didn't know that expression back then). Then comes Voyage, when he says he's in our world too - which had me thinking how badly a talking lion would be treated in our world (thinking of circuses and stuff like that). Even after I came to Jesus, it was years before I ever learned what symbolism was or how people (and not just Lewis) use stories to communicate messages that are supposed to mean something to us beyond the story. Now going through the books again, I can't help but see it everywhere, and I'm loving that, but I can't really call Aslan my all-time favorite because, for most of my life as a Narnia fan, he wasn't.

But Reepicheep, OMGosh did I like him! Of course as a kid, I just thought he was awesome because he was not afraid to take on a dragon, even though he was just a mouse. He was a swashbuckling adventurer, possibly the smallest creature in Narnia but also one of the bravest. And now many years later, I love his character more than ever! He was a Narnian knight, loyal to King Caspian and with a deep desire to see Aslan's country. He's not without his faults, but IMO that just makes him a more "real" character. So I can't think of any other non-human character in Narnia that I'd rather call my favorite.

In fact, when I started coming around NarniaWeb last month, and saw all these very Narnian nicknames, I dropped my usual online nickname of the Geek on Skates, to officially join as Geekicheep! That's how much I loved that mouse. :D
Yes, I'm a mouse... I mean, a geek!
Geekicheep
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Courtenay » Oct 18, 2019 10:33 am

Aslan, because, well, he changed my life. I think I knew from the start that he was meant to be someone special, and realised exactly who by the end of Dawn Treader — this was really my clearest introduction to the idea of a God who loves us and is utterly, awesomely good (but not tame!), as I wasn't brought up with any religion. But then I got all cynical about such things in my teens and was an agnostic (though still a "spiritual seeker" of sorts) until I rediscovered Christianity when I was 20. I'm still convinced that although doubtless He would have got through to me somehow, I wouldn't have recognised God/Christ nearly as easily if I hadn't first met Him through Aslan.

That said, Reepicheep and Puddleglum would be my second and third choices!! ;)
"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed." (Prince Caspian)
Courtenay
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Trufflepuff » Oct 25, 2019 3:16 pm

I love Trufflehunter. He never lets his friends down and lose faith in what's good. :ymhug:
I'm a beast, I am, and a book addict what's more.
Trufflepuff
NarniaWeb Regular

Previous