This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Easton Press Editions of Narnia

The cultures, creatures, geography — anything about the books!

Moderators: DiGoRyKiRkE, Varnafinde

Easton Press Editions of Narnia

Postby InklingsNut8472 » Jun 06, 2010 2:54 pm

Has anyone else seen the Easton Press editions of the Narnia series? I bought these a couple years back, and they've been the joy of my library ever since!

They look good. They feel good. They even smell good. I pity the reader who has never held a leather bound edition of LWW or any of the other Narnia books for that matter.

What are your favorite editions of the books and why?
~InklingsNut8472
State of Indiana, USA
Future Inhabitant of Aslan's Country

"I have come home at last. This is my real country. I belong here. This is the land I've been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now!"
InklingsNut8472
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Easton Press Editions of Narnia

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Jun 07, 2010 2:54 am

I've sure they feel good and smell good but I don't like the look of them. The gold etchings are a bit gaudy. And the price? Ouch. But it's good that the option is there for those who have lots of money (or are serious collectors).
Personally, I thought The Space Trilogy set looked (slightly) better.
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Aravis Narnia » Jun 07, 2010 4:28 am

They look like they would belong well in an academic library or museum. Sadly, the binding is not as eyecatching for kids in a public or school library as the Chris Van Allsburg covers of the Scholastic editions. The covers even kind of make the looks seem Victorian rather than from the 1950s.
Aravis Narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby InklingsNut8472 » Jun 07, 2010 1:38 pm

If everyone has their vice, mine is spending more money on books than I probably should, if that's even possible. Ha.

I love the Easton Press editions, but there are some other nice ones out there. I haven't bought it yet, but I like the look and feel of the Barnes & Noble omnibus edition, the one that's bright blue and has sort of a faux-leather exterior. I think that one would stand out on a library shelf!
~InklingsNut8472
State of Indiana, USA
Future Inhabitant of Aslan's Country

"I have come home at last. This is my real country. I belong here. This is the land I've been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now!"
InklingsNut8472
NarniaWeb Regular