This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

General Merchandise Ideas

Stuff to fill your Wardrobe!

Moderator: Meltintalle

General Merchandise Ideas

Postby SummerSnow » Jul 04, 2014 12:05 pm

Are there are types of merchandise that you'd like to see, whether it be from the books or the movies?

Pattertwigs Pal wrote: I'm thinking it would be neat if they made a mug with Rilian's black shield on it that would turn into a silver shield with a red lion when hot liquid was pour in it.

This gave me the idea of a mug that would be a frozen winter scene, then when hot water (from an Aslan teapot would be an extra bonus) was poured in, it would shift into a spring scene of Narnia.

I would also love a wardrobe filled with fut coats that leads into Narnia, but I think that's a little less likely to happen.

So, what are your ideas? :)
My lovely avatar was made by Valia!
SummerSnow
NarniaWeb Junkie
The WC Submersible Subterfuge Sub

Re: General Merchandise Ideas

Postby aileth » Jul 04, 2014 1:13 pm

SummerSnow wrote:
I would also love a wardrobe filled with fut coats that leads into Narnia, but I think that's a little less likely to happen. :)

What an idea! Of course, most of us wouldn't have room to fit a full-size wardrobe into our houses. But perhaps a teensy-weensy one? You know, half-size or something.
Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle
aileth
Peripatetic powder-room sub

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jul 04, 2014 1:14 pm

Oooh! Those mug ideas are brilliant! :ymapplause: I would definitely pay for something like that. That's an awesome concept.

One random thought is of a Narnia "dollhouse" that's inside a small replica of the wardrobe. Instead of the rooms of a house, it could have a few different levels inside that show different Narnian settings like the Beaver's house, or the Witch's castle, or Aslan's Camp.

A necklace strung with a pair of green and yellow rings would be a neat and subtle expression of the Narnia fandom, too. :D It would also be really cool to have seven charm bracelets with charms that represent different things about each of the seven books.

I might just have to make some of this stuff myself. ;))
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby SummerSnow » Jul 11, 2014 7:56 pm

I agree that a half size wardrobe would be more practical for most of us. Especially me, though even a small wardrobe might still have problems (but hey, if it led to Narnia, I'm fine with it taking up all my empty floor space)

Those are awesome ideas, Rose. I especially love the wardrobe "doll house". If you could find a fair sized (and non expensive) wardrobe, that would be really neat to do that. :) That's sort of the feeling I was getting about my mug idea too. :p
I wonder how hard it would be to do these projects....
My lovely avatar was made by Valia!
SummerSnow
NarniaWeb Junkie
The WC Submersible Subterfuge Sub