This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

First Edition Reproduction Hardcover Book Set

Stuff to fill your Wardrobe!

Moderator: Meltintalle

First Edition Reproduction Hardcover Book Set

Postby twinimage » Jan 23, 2013 8:17 am

Hey guys,
Just wanted to share something that I've come across that I think is very cool.
It's a reproduction of the first editions of the Chronicles of Narnia.
It was really hard trying to find these online. I finally found them on ebay and was able to get them, brand new, for a decent price.
I think the reason I had trouble finding it was because this was only released in the UK. I live in the US.
Anyway, these are really really cool. The dust jackets are really nice and look just like the first editions. The books feel good and sturdy, being hardcovers. The books include the original Pauline Baynes illustrations and maps (in black and white) that the first editions had. There's a lot more illustrations than what I remember, many of which take up an entire page, which is really nice. LWW and PC do have one colorized illustration near the front of the books, which is also a full page.
I am very well pleased with these books. They did a really good job reproducing the book series in it's original form. I look forward to re-reading them here soon in this format.
Just thought I'd let you all know these exist and you can own them too, for a decent price. I do know that booksofwonder is selling them, though a bit pricey.
http://www.booksofwonder.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CNB007
If you search "Narnia Book Set" on ebay, you will eventually find some people selling this set for around $45 to $80 dollars, plus about $20-$25 shipping most likely.

And to top it all off, I have them sitting between my Narnia bookends, which I also purchased around the same time. :)

- Twinimage
twinimage
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: First Edition Reproduction Hardcover Book Set

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Sep 24, 2016 4:51 pm

Ugh I missed seeing this until now. :( I couldn't find all of them on ebay. I can't believe they only released LWW in the US and none of the others. I kept waiting for an email saying the others were released.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Re: First Edition Reproduction Hardcover Book Set

Postby coracle » Sep 24, 2016 11:07 pm

Oh that's lovely. I have only got three of them, (actually have two of LWW).
I would like to get the others. (just like I would like to get LOTR hard cover in 3 volumes - procratination!)
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie