This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Aslan

Stuff to fill your Wardrobe!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Aslan

Postby Louelle » May 27, 2011 7:01 am

I love Narnia, I love everything about it. I now have a few collectibles which is my Master Replicas Peter's Sword, Girls on Aslan statue & my Narnia Pocket Watch, Dawn Treader model ship (unofficial) and a signed picture of Ben Barnes. I am still trying to find the Noble Collection Susan's Horn which is proving more difficult than anything. Anyhow I was watching The Antiques Roadshow the other day & some guy brought a life size Aslan in. It was beautiful. He rescued it from a skip years ago, & it is the proper original prop that was made for the series The Lion, the witch & the wardrobe. Lucky guy! He isn't selling it he is emigrating to Australia & taking it with him. I would love An official life sized limited edition collection to be done. I really want one : ). If anybody is ever selling their Narnia collection please let me know. Still trying to add more to my little collection.
Louelle
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Aslan

Postby Griffle » May 27, 2011 1:42 pm

Where's the fun in buying someone else's collection? That's cheating! ;)
THIS HOPELESSLY OUT OF DATE SIGNATURE IS SPONSORED BY LAZINESS TM
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Louelle » May 29, 2011 7:55 am

I know but I don't care about cheating as long as I build up my collection : )
Louelle
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby coracle » May 29, 2011 12:31 pm

Griffle, sometimes a collection is for sale but not necessarily as a whole - or a dealer might buy it and resell individual pieces separately.
Fascinating about the lifesize Aslan - did it seem to be a large model or the costume one that two people stood in?
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Quinlin » May 30, 2011 5:29 pm

It's so interesting how that man on Antiques Roadshow had an Aslan prop from the set! I wish there was a picture of it or a clip of the video so we could see which one it was. Could you perhaps describe it?

Too bad that you can't find the Susan's Horn collection piece because it's beautiful. I was lucky to buy if from the Noble website when it first came out and it said that there was only a limited amount of them made, so they're probably gone now, unless you find a willing seller. I think there was another thread on here that discussed that item specifically and almost everyone had difficulty finding it for sale anywhere.

You should also look regularly on Ebay and Amazon, because sometimes collection pieces pop up on there. It may be tedious work going through all those pages, but you can occasionally come across exciting props or movie memorabilia for your collection that way.

Good luck with your collection...I hope you find some more items to add to it! :)
I've Been to Narnia!
'I can still hear the hoofbeats in my heart'
Quinlin
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Birthday Committee Sub

Postby Rilian The Disenchanted » Jun 07, 2011 12:04 am

Susan's Horn is still avaible on the french Noble Collection site . Ordered it yesterday along with some Lord Of The Ring Letter Openers.
If you live in Western Europe, you should give it a go.
Rilian The Disenchanted
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby erique328 » Jun 22, 2011 4:20 am

i'll try to help you with your collection

a have a friend who's selling his collection
erique328
NarniaWeb Newbie