This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Coriakin's Book of Incantations

Stuff to fill your Wardrobe!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Coriakin's Book of Incantations

Postby CorazonBandido55 » May 12, 2011 3:37 pm

Does anyone know if there is a replica of the Book of Incantations sold somewhere. I think it would be awesome to buy a book of spells like this... now if only the spells would work hehe.
your fellow Telmarine
CorazonBandido55
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: Coriakin's Book of Incantations

Postby StBrianofMinneapolis » May 16, 2011 11:09 am

Not to my knowledge. Although, if you are asking about replicas from the film I can safely say there are slim to none so far. This film saw about 1% of the marketing blitz that came with Prince Caspian and other similar movies.
StBrianofMinneapolis
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby fireflowerfan » May 16, 2011 9:55 pm

There is a Book of Incantations that was made in promotion of the VDT, but I seriously doubt its what you'd be looking for. It was made as a promotional item for the World Premiere showing of VDT in England. It came in a promo gift set bag along with a soundtrack cd and an unbrella. The book is kind of a faux red leather and has the "Book of Incantations" words inscribed on the cover, however it doesn't look anything like the real Coriakin book. It's inside is sadly blank and only designed to be a journaling notebook. The first page does have the first spell Lucy reads about snow printed on it but is just plain text. Occassionally these books do come up for sale on the United Kingdom eBay site. You can type Narnia and Incantations in the search box to see if one is currently available. They average between $20-30.
Pastor Josh
~from the glistening eastern sea~
fireflowerfan
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby narnier101 » Jul 29, 2011 8:54 am

you might want to look at some ebooks websites
narnier101
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Mintey » Sep 01, 2011 12:22 pm

Well, I can't help you as far as buying one, but I am attempting to make one, and here are some tips:

~ Here is a tutorial for making books on your own, particularly old fashioned hard covers. If you make the pages and cover a larger size, it makes a good Book of Incantations skeleton. [http://www.davethedesigner.net/booktut/index.html]
~ Tea-stain the pages (or however you like to make old-looking pages. I personally don't work well with tea, but most people do).
~ Use watercolor for that cool spell-book effect.
~ And lastly, I beg you, please, please, PLEASE use the spells stated in the book as well.

Good luck!

~Mintey
Mintey
NarniaWeb Newbie