This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Narnia Fossil Pocketwatch

Stuff to fill your Wardrobe!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Narnia Fossil Pocketwatch

Postby Louelle » Mar 04, 2011 7:58 am

Hi

I have recently bought this watch, which I love, however the battery no longer works and I need to insert a new one...Problemn is I have no idea how to do this. Does anybody on here have one and know what to do? I'm scared to use something like a flat screw to pill the back off with incase I'm not supposed to do this & damage the watch?
Louelle
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Narnia Fossil Pocketwatch

Postby Griffle » Mar 04, 2011 1:31 pm

I suggest you go to a store that sells watches and let them do it. They usually don't charge that much for it, if at all. Also, they have all the necessary tools, so hopefully, it won't get damaged.

I've never changed the battery on mine, but I've pulled out the thing on the side (can't find the right word for it atm) so that it doesn't run.
THIS HOPELESSLY OUT OF DATE SIGNATURE IS SPONSORED BY LAZINESS TM
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Louelle » Mar 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Hi Griffle

I've just had a look at my Pocketwatch & can't see anything at the side which you say is on yours which you have pulled out. Do you mean the part what the chain is attached to? The watch didn't come with any instructions so am just confused as don't even know how to change the time let alone the battery. I will prob have to take it to a watch place am just scared as don't want any scratches they might accedentialt do. :-s
Louelle
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Griffle » Mar 07, 2011 12:57 am

Yes, sorry, at the top (of course! Was thinking of a normal wrist watch).

As it turns out I hadn't pulled it out anyway, so the battery is dead. :D

I can't seem to find a way to open it either. Sorry I can't be of more help.
THIS HOPELESSLY OUT OF DATE SIGNATURE IS SPONSORED BY LAZINESS TM
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru