This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Susan's Horn

Stuff to fill your Wardrobe!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Susan's Horn

Postby Louelle » Feb 13, 2011 8:04 am

Hi people, I'm looking for a Noble Collection Susan's Horn, I have found one for sale but just wanted a bit of advice from somebody who already has one, is it white in colour? It's just on the sellers pictures it is white & yellowish (seems to be yellowish by the pattern) & does it come with anything to hang it up with or anything that attaches to the two metal parts? it's just on other images on Google it is pure white unless there is another version of it but I wD under the impression there is only one?
Louelle
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Susan's Horn

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 15, 2011 3:35 pm

I purchased one of these when they first came out, and I was quite pleased with the workmanship.

The entire thing is made of high quality plaster. It's almost got a ceramic feel to it, and is a lot heavier than it seemse. The clasps on the top are not made of metal, but are also plaster/ceramic, and a very durable, but do not feature anything with which to hang or display it. The lion's face is quite breathtaking, actually.

It's not white, but it's not yellowish. I'd rate it's colour closer to cream.

Overall, very nice replica, and well worth the money.

I hope that helps ;)
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby Narnia_Fan12 » Feb 15, 2011 5:11 pm

Does the horn actually work when you blow into it? :P
Narnia_Fan12
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Griffle » Feb 15, 2011 7:59 pm

Narnia_Fan12 wrote:Does the horn actually work when you blow into it? :P
It is possible to make sounds with it, but it certainly doesn't sound like it does in the movies.
THIS HOPELESSLY OUT OF DATE SIGNATURE IS SPONSORED BY LAZINESS TM
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DiGoRyKiRkE » Feb 16, 2011 9:12 am

Griffle wrote:It is possible to make sounds with it, but it certainly doesn't sound like it does in the movies.

Actually, I get it to sound rather like the movie. . .then again, I'm a French Horn player, and am really used to getting sounds out of horns with similarly shaped mouth-pieces.
Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb
WC: Old Forum: 1024 New Forum: 240
DiGoRyKiRkE
The Logical Ornithological Mod

Postby Quinlin » Feb 18, 2011 1:26 pm

I have a replica of the horn as well and I would say that it is mostly of a whitish color, a bit like ivory, but definitely not yellowish. The carved details appear to have a slightly different tone, but not one that is distinct either. I was very happy with it when I received it because it was very nicely made: it has a solid feel and is extremely accurate as to the one Susan uses in the film. Aslan's face and the flower carvings around it are beautifully done! Being, that I own some other pieces by The Noble Collection, and I find that they always do wonderful replica's for all of the Narnia collection. I highly suggest that you buy it...it's gorgeous! :)
I've Been to Narnia!
'I can still hear the hoofbeats in my heart'
Quinlin
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Birthday Committee Sub

Postby Louelle » Feb 19, 2011 11:28 am

Thanks for the comments. I am looking at the pictures on Google and the colouring looks different than the one I am buying. It looks white but really yellow in around the pattern areas. Maybe it just needs a good clean. I have been advised it is The Noble Collection one so I really hope it's not a fake
Louelle
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby LittleLionTamer » Mar 03, 2011 2:08 am

Good morning!! :)

Would anyone of you mind posting a link to her horn replica or better said, where you can buy it on here? I have tried finding it on ebay but failed, and totally forgot that Google is still out there, so I'll try to find it myself too but it would be a great help for me and my planned Susan costume :D

Thank you a lot!
"But I'm always dreaming, even when I'm awake; it is never finished."
LittleLionTamer
NarniaWeb Regular