This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Noble Collection Wardrobe jewellery Box

Stuff to fill your Wardrobe!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Noble Collection Wardrobe jewellery Box

Postby Louelle » Feb 03, 2011 7:29 am

Does anybody own this? What is it like? I was going to order it of their own website but it's quite expensive at over £100.00. I'm still debating whether to order it or not.
Louelle
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Noble Collection Wardrobe jewellery Box

Postby StBrianofMinneapolis » Feb 04, 2011 12:28 pm

I have it. Those are frequently on ebay for much cheaper though. I bought it as more of a display for my action figures. Here is a pic.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26696585@N07/3027891417/
StBrianofMinneapolis
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Louelle » Feb 04, 2011 4:35 pm

I love it. I think the way you have Lucy ready to open the wardrobe door is a really good idea. I don't have much in my collection but I've started. Think I might keep checking EBay then to see if I can get the wardrobe soon.
: )
Louelle
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Quinlin » Feb 19, 2011 9:39 pm

This is a beautiful jewelry box! I, personally do not own this piece itself, but I've seen it in detail at the NYC F.A.O Schwartz store. They have a large Noble Collection display with some of the Narnia pieces, including the Wardrobe Jewelry Box. The details on the outside of the box, and on the door closely resemble the original ones of the wardrobe in the film. The carvings are very nicely done and each one is obviously symbolic to the storyline of the Magician's Nephew! The inside of the wardrobe has some shelves for placing your jewelry and is lined with a burgundy soft coating all throughout. The top of the wardrobe pulls up as well to reveal another storing compartment. You've no doubt seen the pictures of it, but I'm just giving you my thoughts on how it looks in person.

It's pretty much expensive wherever you can find it, especially on the 'official' sites that sell it, so EBay is most certainly your best bet!

I hope you find it! Good luck! It's really a lovely piece to have in your collection! :)
I've Been to Narnia!
'I can still hear the hoofbeats in my heart'
Quinlin
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Birthday Committee Sub

Postby Cymru » Feb 28, 2011 7:32 pm

So far, I'm having an impossible time finding this piece! I definitely want to track one down though, so I'll just keep looking. They are sold out on every website I can find a listing.
That is part of the beauty of all literature. You discover that your longings are universal longings, that you're not lonely and isolated from anyone. You belong. ~ F.Scott Fitzgerald
Cymru
Moderator Emeritus