This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

V.D.T DVD/Blueray release

Stuff to fill your Wardrobe!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Re: V.D.T DVD/Blueray release

Postby wisewoman » Feb 11, 2011 1:38 pm

I have to agree with Griffle: it may be legitimate but it looks very fake and amateurish. And no amount of reporter-like thinking will change that opinion ;))
"It is God who gives happiness; for he is the true wealth of men's souls." — Augustine
wisewoman
Moderator Emeritus
The Moddess of Sentence Surgery

Postby stateofgreen » Feb 11, 2011 3:32 pm

Agreed with WW and Griffle. Those covers still look pretty thrown together. Good research 220C! The more I read about early DVD releases internationally, the more I believe Fox really is simultaneously focusing on the DVD international market to also help bring home some bacon for the franchise.

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby 220chrisTian » Feb 12, 2011 1:16 pm

That's rather odd, because so far a lot of fans like the cover art for Brazil. There's been little negative feedback, or thoughts of the art being amateurish - except on NW. :p
220chrisTian

Postby wisewoman » Feb 12, 2011 2:19 pm

Lots of fans also like VDT :P. Like they say, no accounting for tastes!
"It is God who gives happiness; for he is the true wealth of men's souls." — Augustine
wisewoman
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Griffle » Feb 12, 2011 8:38 pm

wisewoman wrote:Lots of fans also like VDT :P. Like they say, no accounting for tastes!
Hehe...Yeah, no accounting for tastes!

Regarding the Brazilian cover art: As I said, it "looks really fake, but so does the official cover art."

220ChrisTian: As you've put Narnia as your location, I can't be sure, but judging by your extremely defensive position on the Brazilian cover art, I assume you're from Brazil?

March 30th for Norway huh? Guess it's March 30th for us too then. Yay! I hate the movie, but I'm really looking forward to listening to the audio commentary with a hopefully very candid Michael Apted,...and the Dawn Treader set tour of course.
THIS HOPELESSLY OUT OF DATE SIGNATURE IS SPONSORED BY LAZINESS TM
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby 220chrisTian » Feb 13, 2011 7:39 pm

@Griffle: I'm American. And I've never visited South America, although Brazil sounds like an interesting place. I'm defensive because I know it's real/official, whether or not it looks fake. I've learned how to evaluate sources over the years. I do think the cover art for the DVD and Blu-Ray (for sale) is better than the rental store covers. :p
220chrisTian

Postby Griffle » Feb 13, 2011 8:11 pm

@220chrisTian: Oh, I didn't realize they differ...

*checks retail artwork*

Eh...I guess it's a matter of opinion. IMO, the retail artwork is even worse than the rental artwork, though it's pretty hard to determine, given the fact that all the artwork created for the film has such an amateurish feel to it.

I'm not surprised it's official if you know what I mean.
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Griffle » Feb 23, 2011 4:55 am

Release date update:

April 1: Finland
April 6: Norway
April 8: US, Canada
April 15: Austria
April 18: UK
April 27: France
May 20: Germany (according to Amazon.de)
May 24: Denmark (doesn't seem likely, but it's the only date I could find)

No release date: Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Sweden...
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Griffle » Mar 19, 2011 12:20 pm

Here's a scan of a page from a French media booklet showing the DVD and Blu-ray stands that will be hitting stores in a couple of weeks:

The Swedish release date have been set to May 25th btw, so I guess that's the date that it'll be released in Scandinavia. :(( I have the US release on pre-order though, so I don't care.

I'll be getting the French trilogy box set as well because of the different cover art.
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Griffle » Mar 28, 2011 8:15 am

Guess this is some kind of record....four posts in a row from the same member. hehe

Just wanted to add that my Blu-ray copy of the film just shipped! (US version) I was hoping for Tron: Legacy to ship first, but I guess this will do. It's gonna be really interesting to hear what Apted has to say to his defense on the commentary. (Hated the movie)
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby wisewoman » Mar 28, 2011 8:44 am

*hauls Griffle off to jail for quadruple-posting* :P Just kidding, it's all right when such lengths of time pass between posts.

I haven't seen the film and don't plan to; the interviews made me mad enough ;)). I would guess the extras on the DVD would just be more of the same.

Anyone else getting VDT on Blu-ray?
wisewoman
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Griffle » Mar 28, 2011 9:14 am

I'll get mine tomorrow, so there will be lots of photos, scans and info on what the Blu-ray looks & sounds like.

How long do you get for quadruple-posting btw Wisewoman? ;)
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby icarus » Apr 05, 2011 1:45 pm

Although Steelbooks have long since lost any real sense of uniqueness (i think it was the time i saw an advert for a company that makes steelbook cases in an computer game industry mag made me realise just how un-special they are) i have to admit that the one for Dawn Treader looks quite nice - especially compared to some of the sub-standard artwork for the regular edition dvds i've seen for VDT.

I noticed Griffle has it down on the List of Merchandise for Thailand, and this advert here has it down for Australia too - any one know by chance if its coming to the UK or at least anywhere that is Region 2?

https://www.jbhifionline.com.au/dvd/dvd ... omp/633553
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Griffle » Apr 06, 2011 12:33 pm

The JB HI-FI exclusive edition is not a steelbook, it's a tin with the standard region B Blu-ray in it. (I've ordered this from their site myself but haven't gotten it yet) The one I've listed under Thailand is a steelbook however, but it's pretty expensive as eBay is pretty much the only way of getting it for us who live in the west.

As Australia belongs to the same region as Europe in terms of Blu-ray region codes, there shouldn't be any problems for you to play the JB HI-FI blu-ray on your British Blu-ray player. As for the DVD that comes with it, I don't know, but a lot of Australian DVDs are coded Region 2,4,etc.
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby wolfloversk » Apr 09, 2011 9:16 am

Is there no longer a gag reel on the two disc dvd, or am I missing something?
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Griffle » Apr 09, 2011 11:32 am

There never was a gag reel on any of the discs, we just assumed that it would be on there as there has been talk about one called "Seasick Gag Reel". Unfortunately this was not the case.
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

PreviousNext