This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader McDonald toys.

Stuff to fill your Wardrobe!

Moderator: Meltintalle

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader McDonald toys.

Postby Josh » Oct 20, 2010 6:46 pm

PC was not able to have toys come out from McDonalds (unlike LWW) because Disney broke off its workings with the company. But now that the Narnia movies are under 20th Century Fox, is it possible that McDonald's will produce toys for the VotDT movie?

Earlier some concept art for VotDT toys was released and they looked like something that would get sold at McDonalds. Here is a link http://www.narniaweb.com/2010/06/concept-art-for-dawn-treader-toys/

I think the toys would be a great way to promote the movie as tons of kids love getting toys with their happy meals. And we know this film needs all of the promotion it can get.
Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Re: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader McDonald toys.

Postby Invisible Woman » Oct 23, 2010 3:58 pm

The Eustace turning from a dragon to a boy is a cool idea.

I think all of the McDonald toys should feature something special about the character.

Lucy's toy should have her be reading the magician's book inside a snowglobe so that you can make it snow like in the movie. They should also have the Lucy snowglobe play the Narnia music theme. This toy would have to be plastic since glass snowglobes are very breakable.

Edmund's sword should light up blue (like in the movie) if you press a button.

Lilliandil should glow in the dark.

Corikan and the Dufflepuds should be invisible, but become visible if you put him in cold water. This is possible since they did this for the Invisible Woman for the fantastic 4 Burger King toys.

Aslan should roar if you push a button.

Likewise, Caspian should say "For Narnia! And for Aslan!" if you press a button.

Travos and the Faun should have some sort of fighting ability, though I don't know how they would work that out. Maybe press a button that causes their arms to move.

The White Witch toy shouldn come in multiple pieces so she can be ripped apart and put back together. That way, the little kids can have fun killing her again...and again...and again. Because as these movies have shown, she just won't die!
Invisible Woman
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Quinlin » Nov 01, 2010 12:16 pm

I have to say those concept illustrations we saw earlier look very nice and the ideas are very creative. I really love the Eustace one because it links so much to the book and I thinks it's cool how the dragon opens up to reveal him inside. I don't quite get the Caspian one, because it seems like there's just a small action figure of him and a part of the Dawn Treader that opens into a ' treasure chest'.

@ Invisible Woman Wow! You should send those ideas to a McDonald's toy manufacturing company or something! :p They're all really lovely and I would love to have all of them as you described! I can totally picture how amazing it would be if they all tied in to the film and books as closely as you described because aside from promoting the film, the children could also re-anact the characters as they saw them in the film. My favorite ideas that you have (although they all sound great), are the one's of Lilliandil, Corican & the Dufflepuds, and the white witch one, because you can do multiple things with them and kid's love that! :D

In all I hope that despite Fox's involvement with the film that they still come out with a line of toys for McDonald's. Sadly though, those concept drawings never look anything like the final product because they are so cheaply mass produced. :( Still, something is better than nothing because it will give VDT some attention and hopefully draw more crowds to the cinemas.
I've Been to Narnia!
'I can still hear the hoofbeats in my heart'
Quinlin
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Birthday Committee Sub

Postby RoseRed » Nov 07, 2010 11:49 pm

wow! invisiblewoman...those ideas are great!!! like Quinlan says, I really hope some toy manufacturers are reading this! I particularly looove the glow-in-the-dark lilliandil idea, I would go to mcdonalds JUST to get that toy ^_^
Grief for the movies made me abandon narniaweb...but I'm so glad to be back!
Many thanks to the wonderful Lady Eowyn for making my sig/av.
RoseRed
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby icarus » Nov 26, 2010 2:00 am

The McDonalds Happy Meal website has just switched over from displaying the previous toy promotion of Megamind to a new toy promotion for Transformers / Hello Kitty. They also indicate the next promotion after that will be for Bakugan / Only Hearts Pets.

If each of those promotions were to run for 1 week only, then it would open up for a VDT Promotion from Dec 10th onwards, however i was under the impression that typical McDonalds Happy Meal promotions lasted for much longer than 1 week only.

http://www.happymeal.com/en_US/index.html?#BoyToys
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Narnia_Fan12 » Nov 27, 2010 12:15 pm

Normally, Icarus, movie promotions will last longer. Transformers and Bakugan... they will last only this week, I'd expect. Maybe since VDT is being marketed as a 'This Christmas' film, maybe we'll see them later in December?
Narnia_Fan12
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Nov 27, 2010 1:18 pm

haha I don't like to eat at Mcdonalds, but if there were Narnia themed toys I might get a happy meal to get one..... :P
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby icarus » Dec 04, 2010 4:56 am

The Transformers/Hello Kitty promotion has now been the up on the HappyMeal website for over a week - so unless they are planning on changing the website sometime today i'd say its a pretty safe bet that the promotion is going to run for a second week or more. Therefore, given that they still have to fit in the advertised Bakugan/Only Hearts promotion after that, it makes it a near certainty that we won't be seeing VDT Happy Meal toys come December 10th.

http://www.happymeal.com/en_US/index.html?#BoyToys
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Griffle » Dec 04, 2010 5:44 pm

Why do they have Transformers toys in the first place? It's like seven months till the next movie comes out. :-\
THIS HOPELESSLY OUT OF DATE SIGNATURE IS SPONSORED BY LAZINESS TM
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby 7chronicles » Dec 04, 2010 7:09 pm

They have Transformers toys at MacDonald’s to coincide with the New Transformers Prime cartoon on Hasbro’s channel "The Hub". :)
Me and my sister are Transformers fans and we are actually really enjoying the show! :p

I really wish they had more VDT stuff! :(

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis
7chronicles
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby WickedDreamer » Dec 13, 2010 4:57 am

The Mcdonalds here where I live at the moment are only giving books with Happy Meals as so many people have complained that the toys that come with the meal is the reason for such a high rate of obesity??

By lover of narnia
WickedDreamer
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby IloveFauns » Dec 24, 2010 2:12 am

they have them for hungary jacks here.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby RoseRed » Dec 30, 2010 11:13 pm

indeed they do IloveFauns, I went and got a kids meal today so I could get some! I got brief look at all the toys, they're actually all really quite lovely, the faces of reep and aslan are much better/cuter than I thought they'd be, and all the toys are a decent weight :D I'm so pleased australia has this promotion, I'm sure it's really encouraging people to go and see the movie
Grief for the movies made me abandon narniaweb...but I'm so glad to be back!
Many thanks to the wonderful Lady Eowyn for making my sig/av.
RoseRed
NarniaWeb Junkie