This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Queen Susan's gift replicas (full size)

Stuff to fill your Wardrobe!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Queen Susan's gift replicas (full size)

Postby QueenSusanJ316 » Mar 11, 2010 7:04 pm

Hello,
I am looking for a longbow and accesories like Susan's in the movies. I do archery, and would love to do it with a Narnia flair. I have not found hardly any life size replicas, but I figured someone might know where to look. Thank you so much :)
PM me if you would like be part of a Lion Party in the state of New York!
QueenSusanJ316
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: Queen Susan's gift replicas (full size)

Postby HighQueenofNarnia » Mar 11, 2010 9:31 pm

I dressed up as Susan for Halloween last year, so this is what I did. I went to a local sporting goods store and bought a bow and arrows and a soft quiver (I couldn't find a hard one like Susan has). My dad and I painted them to look like Susan's bow and arrows and quiver using acrylic (I think!) paint. If you do this, you'll need to scratch up the surface of the arrows and bow so that the paint will stick. I painted the soft quiver with fabric paint. I used a belt that my dad had for a quiver belt. If you want to get the horn as well, then I actually found a hard horn that works (not a paper-mache one) at the Huck Finn Jubilee in Victorville, California, on Father's Day weekend last year. I'm sure that there are other places as well, but we traveled awhile to get there and I was surely happy as a result! (I scratched up the horn and painted it too.) As for just replicas that you can just buy at a Disney store or something, as far as I know, they don't exist.
Pray for Skandar member! PM Benjamin to join!
I saw the film on Opening Day!
When all else fails, read the Instructions!
HighQueenofNarnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Griffle » Mar 14, 2010 12:26 am

Well, the only official replica in existance is the Noble Collection replica of Susan's Horn, and that is no longer made or sold. Sorry. I'm sure you can do pretty good creating your own replicas of the bow and arrows though. Let me know if you want me to scan pages from the Crafting of Narnia book or something. ;)
THIS HOPELESSLY OUT OF DATE SIGNATURE IS SPONSORED BY LAZINESS TM
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby QueenSusanJ316 » Mar 14, 2010 12:20 pm

That would be awesome if you could do that. I would love to buy that book, but have not saved enough yet. I have no close ups of the bow yet.
Thanks!
QueenSusanJ316
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Griffle » Mar 14, 2010 3:56 pm

No problem. Don't have access to a scanner atm, (No problem? huh? :-o ) but I'll get to it tomorrow or Tuesday, if no one else beats me to it.

EDIT:

Image Image Image
These are photos of one of the pages in the book (obviously! 8-| ). I had to change the contrast levels and make them a bit darker so that you can see the details better.
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby QueenSusanJ316 » Mar 21, 2010 6:42 pm

Thanks so much! :)
QueenSusanJ316
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DamselJillPole » Apr 10, 2010 12:15 am

I went as Susan on Halloween of 07 and I had to pretty much make everything except the dress. Someone from a big theatre company gave me a medieval dress that looked very Narnian. It was awesome.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby SParcher44 » May 28, 2010 9:34 pm

not sure if anyone's seen this yet, its not official or anything but a few sites sell it and for some reason its listed as Susan's bow and has a description mentioning Narnia. Its just inspired by her bow but its still pretty cool http://www.armsofvalour.com/miva/mercha ... ry_Code=B1
LWW
As a film - *** out of ****
As an adaptation - **** out of ****

PC
As a film - **** out of ****
As an adaptation - *** out of ****

VDT
As a film - ** out of ****
As an adaptation - (1/2) of * out of ****
SParcher44
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby StBrianofMinneapolis » Jun 24, 2010 11:03 am

Griffle wrote:Well, the only official replica in existance is the Noble Collection replica of Susan's Horn, and that is no longer made or sold. Sorry. I'm sure you can do pretty good creating your own replicas of the bow and arrows though. Let me know if you want me to scan pages from the Crafting of Narnia book or something. ;)

Griffle is half right about finding a replica of the horn. Another was released as a toy as part of a role play set, but it only came outside the US. The horn is very nearly lifesize and would be far more durable and less fragile than the "Noble" horn. Here is a link to a current auction on ebay.co.uk.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PRINCE-CASPIAN-BA ... 2a080d3f9f
StBrianofMinneapolis
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Griffle » Jun 25, 2010 2:30 pm

I stand corrected StBrian! :ymblushing:

However, it should be mentioned, that although it might be more durable, it doesn't really have the right dimensions. the tail of it should be longer but it isn't, which make it look really weird IMO.
THIS HOPELESSLY OUT OF DATE SIGNATURE IS SPONSORED BY LAZINESS TM
Griffle
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 25, 2010 3:11 pm

Are there other replicas out there instead of just one? I would love to have a horn that looks like Susan's! :)
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby StBrianofMinneapolis » Jul 01, 2010 11:04 pm

DamselJillPole wrote:Are there other replicas out there instead of just one? I would love to have a horn that looks like Susan's! :)

Well, He have listed two versions as of now. Thefirst was the expensive, pretty-display quality from the Nobel Collection.

The second is the plastic role Play version that was only released outside the US. as part of the "Narnia battle Set" from Jakks Pacific, the company that made the Prince Caspian action figures. Funfact, this horn does make noise when you blow into it, although it is through a cheap little kazoo type noize maker. This is frequently on ebay.co.uk and amazon.co.uk, but it is often hard to find a seller that will ship to the US. Plus the set includes a really cool and sturdy Telamarine shield as a bonus. (I'm a big fan of this set if you cant tell)
StBrianofMinneapolis
NarniaWeb Nut