This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Various Set & Prop Rumours

A place for unconfirmed news and whisperings.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, coracle

Re: Various Set Rumours

Postby wolfloversk » Mar 27, 2010 9:50 am

^Hmm... that's interesting. Perhaps this is the possible Peter/ Susan Cameo, or when Ed and Lucy go to their cousin's house, or it might just be an intro sort of camera panning thing to emphasize the setting (I hope that made sense)
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Bookwyrm » Apr 01, 2010 3:09 am

The Frabjous Day is not a rumor. Pass it on. Snicker-snack goes the vorpal blade and Alice is our champion.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Meltintalle » Apr 01, 2010 7:23 am

Mad Hatter wrote:Alice is our champion

I... what?! That must be a rumour!
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Bookwyrm » Apr 01, 2010 12:55 pm

ALICE! You're terribly late, you know. Naughty girl. ;)) I do hope you haven't lost your muchness, for you were such a terribly much-y girl when I met you before.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Lady_Liln » Apr 11, 2010 3:24 pm

*brushes Wonderland dust off the thread*

So, in my poking through the Narnia pictures on Tony Nixon's FB fan page, I came across a interesting comment.
There are so many photos out there. I've seen the London scene, the forrest scene, the dragon's lair, the Southport/Spit shots, obviously Cleveland, the quarry at Stapleton and the outside set at Warner Studios ( a certain village that they destroyed after production) Then they let us visit the Treader and take as many photos as we wanted.
Source.

A grain or two of salt to add to this: whoever it is that posts as "Tony Nixon - Official" is not Tony Nixon, but someone (more then one?) who controls the fan page. But, as far as I can tell, the person posting as "Tony Nixon" is indeed he.

I do believe we're aware of nearly all this, but I've not seen any forest scenes, so I'm wondering what that may refer to. . .

(Apologies if this is in the wrong place; this seemed the most fitting thread).
Lady_Liln
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby fantasia » Apr 11, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: The forest scene...

http://www.narniaweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=727

Douglas Gresham: We did a set, i'm going to try and tell this without giving too much away, we did a particular set which takes place in a kind of forest glade. It was built on a soundstage and it was absolutely perfect.
Ian Kath: I saw it
Douglas Gresham: You saw it?
Ian Kath: I saw it.
Douglas Gresham: You saw the Banquet?
Ian kath: No no, i missed the banquet, i saw it the day after
Douglas Gresham: It was just unreal. It was so unreal as to be unreal in the metaphoric sense.

I believe it's Ramandu's Island.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Narnia_Fan12 » Apr 20, 2010 8:11 am

The forest scene... possibly Coriakin's garden? His garden had a bunch of trees in it... :p
Narnia_Fan12
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby icarus » Jun 06, 2010 5:24 pm

#9: The Bell Tower Set

A quick review of what we know of the Bell Tower set:

In a video report from Australia Sunrise News, one of the Stunt Men who worked on the movie describes a scene in which the stunt crew were required to slide down Bell Tower ropes. The scene he described was very similar to a scene in the leaked script which was set in a Bell Tower somewhere on the Lone Islands.

Since Dr Cornelius (who was featured in this scene) has now known to have been removed from the script, and several other follow on parts from this scene have also been known to have changed, it is not possible to say whether the scene will remain exactly the same in the final movie.

The Movie World Theme Park Set Tour contained a small portion of the Bell Tower set, including three identical statues which are bizarrely holding their own heads aloft from their shoulders (picture). The statues are situated amongst several hanging bells, one of which has crashed to the floor (picture) making a small crater in the tile work of the bell tower floor.

Several reports indicated that the statues were supposed to be of the Seven Lords. However, all the statues all identical to each other, whilst the carvings of each Lord on the Bell of the Dawn Treader (picture) are all unique. Also, the statues are all seen to be wearing crowns, which again the Seven Lords do not have.

In addition, aerial photos of the car park behind the studios from NearMap.com at the time of shooting showed numerous props and set components being stored there. It showed there to be at least 12 of these statues. Whilst some of these may be "spares" it does make it seem unlikely they are supposed to be of the Seven Lords.

Props3.jpg
Props3.jpg (131.72 KiB) Viewed 25075 times

#10: Temple Set

This comes from the online resume of sculptor / set decorator Michael Kean. Whether or not it describes one set or multiple sets im not sure, but i might assume that the "Temples, Trees and Roots" were all part of the same thing. Possibly part of some sort of ruins on Ramandu's Island? Deathwater? Who knows.

2009, Voyage of the Dawn Treader “Narnia” - Wanner Roadshow Studios (Sculptor)
Polystyrene carving, forming and fabricating - Artificial stone masonry, walls and fortification - Set decoration, Temples, Trees and roots - Artificial cliff and rock, concrete sculpting and texturing - Custom hand tool manufacturing

http://www.eeaa.com.au/work_wanted.php?workwanted_id=147

I believe you can see some of the trees and roots and pieces in this aerial photo from NearMap.com (scroll to the right slightly)

Props2.jpg
Props2.jpg (140.98 KiB) Viewed 25075 times
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jun 06, 2010 6:50 pm

^^ awesome! I think it's Ramandu's Island! :ymhug:
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 07, 2010 4:12 pm

The forest scene sounds more like Ramandu's Island or when Eustace ventures off by himself. We'll see. ;)
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby icarus » Aug 08, 2010 11:21 am

I was pretty bored today, so i added a couple of photos to the previous post and added in a summary of details about the Bell Tower set (there isn't really any "new" details about that set to report though, but it fitted in neatly in terms of the photos relating to the Temple Set).

I also tidied up some bits and pieces on the first page though i didn't change any of the content, even though in the case of the Library Set where we now know exactly what it looks like. I'll leave the posts as they are for historical record - wouldn't want to go back and change it and make it look as if i knew all these new things way back then ;)
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby jesus_girl2016 » Aug 11, 2010 12:21 pm

Just a random thought - Could the rose garden possibly be part of the dragon Island or Deathwater? (completely random, uneducated thought :) )
jesus_girl2016
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Trufflehunter » Aug 12, 2010 2:48 pm

The statues holding their own heads is just so weird, i cannot even begin to fathom who they are supposed to represent, why, and where!
"I'm a beast I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on. I say great good will come of it... And we beasts remember, even if Dwarfs forget, that Narnia was never right except when a son of Adam was King." -Trufflehunter
Trufflehunter
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby coracle » Aug 13, 2010 1:04 am

Looks like a scene from Dr Who!
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Aug 16, 2010 1:06 pm

ahhhhhhh! the wait and the wondering is killing me! I can't wait until we know what all this is for a fact! :P
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Ancientdogma » Aug 16, 2010 7:42 pm

The skiffs are fairly typical appearing wooden drift boats which are common place on Pacific Northwest rivers. Another example here.

http://www.anglerguide.com/boats/search ... nfoid=2994

Add a piece of wood upfront and a paint job and this is pretty much the same thing.

Thanks for all the interseting stuff in this thread.
Ancientdogma
NarniaWeb Junkie

PreviousNext