This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Will and Anna in VotDT?

A place for unconfirmed news and whisperings.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, coracle

Re: Will and Anna in VotDT?

Postby GlimGlum » Dec 14, 2009 11:41 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:.
I would not be the LEAST bit surprised to see Will and Anna worked into the movie. Anna especially since she's mentioned in the Magician's book.

For some kind of intuitive reason, I always thought Will and Anna would be in VDT. Maybe because their characters are mentioned in VDT and I thought that the flimmakers would want to have them briefly appear because moviegoers (who haven't read the books) will expect to see them because of the first two films.

Whatever the reason, I won't mind if Peter and Susan appear in the beginning of VDT and Anna again later in the Magician's Book. These characters will be gone for a bit until HHB and LB. So Sail on VDT and go Anna and Will! :ymapplause:
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby arabesque » Dec 15, 2009 7:38 am

This is such exciting news!!!!!! Why would the film makers even find a stand in for Peter if they weren't going to use him. It's a waste of time, but since they did they must plan to do something with him.

But if so, how come William's not listed as being in VDT? Are the filmmakers trying to keep it a secret till the movies hit theaters?

And if William is in it, I'm going to really really hope Anna will be too!!!!!!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for William and Anna in VDT!!! :ymhug:
Avatar and siggy by lover of narnia!
arabesque
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby narnialover101 » Dec 15, 2009 2:21 pm

I'd be perfectly fine with seeing a cameo from Peter and Susan in VDT. I wouldn't want them to have any sort of large role, but something small would be nice.

I'll always be a,
NL101 :)
Rest in Peace Old Narniaweb
(2003-2009)
narnialover101
Moderator Emeritus
Narniaweb's Resident Peter Pan Gone Gangsta'

Postby greenbird37 » Dec 15, 2009 9:40 pm

Since they were mentioned in the book briefly, I dont see why not. The stand-in wont be the same, but you do what you have to do. I hope Anna appears too, that would be exciting!

Maybe the real Will will decide to play the character he is fit to play! ;)
"We have nothing if not belief"
greenbird37
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby 220chrisTian » Dec 16, 2009 2:33 pm

You know what's odd to me? Here's one exchange in part 3 of Cyclops' interview with Ernie Malik:
Cy: Will William Moseley and Anna Popplewell have any role in Dawn Treader?

Ernie: Another rumor? They do not appear in the book.
Malik is wrong! There are a few references to both Peter and Susan in VDT. :-\

I agree with others. I wouldn't mind Will and Anna having a small role in the movie, at the beginning. Doesn't it happen this way in the BBC version of VDT, combined with PC? They're all at the train station together! ;)
220chrisTian

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 16, 2009 4:38 pm

I bet they will have a scene in the beggining with Peter and Susan! after all, they have to explain somehow why Peter and Susan are not going to Eustace's house, and they have to explain where they are going instead! :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Adeona » Dec 16, 2009 9:48 pm

Cy: Will William Moseley and Anna Popplewell have any role in Dawn Treader?

Ernie: Another rumor? They do not appear in the book.

Oh come on. What a textbook put-off. He didn't answer anything! Oh well. I'm inclined to believe that this means that the rumor is true. After all, he was pretty straightforward with a "No" on the 3D rumor, among other things.

And yes, Peter and Susan do appear in the book.
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 19, 2009 4:05 pm

I think they are just trying very hard not to tell us all we want to know.....I mean, we haven't even heard who is playing Ramundu! 8-} 8-| :D
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby arabesque » Dec 19, 2009 6:13 pm

I'm beginning to think they are trying to hide the fact that they will be in it! If they weren't going to be why didn't Ernie say a definite NO, as he has done with other questions. They are both mentioned. I personally think Peter and Susan are going to have a small-ish part at the beginning. Why else would everyone try to avoid the question so much!
Avatar and siggy by lover of narnia!
arabesque
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lady Galadriel » Dec 19, 2009 7:05 pm

Peter and Susan do not exactly appear in the book. They are mentioned. I think that might be what Ernie Malik is saying. ;)

Yes, I know about Lucy seeing Susan. She sees Susan no longer being pretty, and being jealous of her. I'm not sure that would be characterized as an 'appearance' since Susan is not there in the flesh. :-\ Depending on the way the Magician's book scene is handled, Susan might not even be needed.

Although I'm about convinced, going by the Wikipedia definition of a film stand-in, ;) that Will (Peter) is going to be there, so if he is, I certainly hope Anna (Susan) is. :)
Lady Galadriel
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Rilian » Dec 20, 2009 6:22 pm

There's a right way and a wrong way to handle this. They don't want to tease the audience so that they are sorry Peter's not here. They also don't want it to make it look like an obvious cameo. I think the best way to handle it is to simply show him as part of a natural part of the story.

Example: Treebeard was in the film, the Return of the King for a brief moment. It didn't seem out of place or like he didn't belong, nor were you saying "Why don't I get to see more?" once he left the screen.

That's how they need to handle it here. I'm guessing he'll be there at the train station or something.
Your podcasting prince,
Rilian

http://twitter.com/prince_rilian
Rilian
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Rilian: you are right! maybe they don't want to get us all hyper about seeing Peter in VotDT, so they are not going to tell us.....but they SHOULD tell us! it's so unfair that they won't...... :( :D :D
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Rilian » Dec 22, 2009 8:36 am

Well, I actually think it could be neat to have Peter in the film at the beginning, perhaps dropping the younger two off, without Susan. They don't need to make a vocal point of it, but it be a subtle emphasis on Susan distancing herself from the rest.
Your podcasting prince,
Rilian

http://twitter.com/prince_rilian
Rilian
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Atarah » Dec 22, 2009 12:35 pm

Rilian wrote:Well, I actually think it could be neat to have Peter in the film at the beginning, perhaps dropping the younger two off, without Susan. They don't need to make a vocal point of it, but it be a subtle emphasis on Susan distancing herself from the rest.

That's how I always imagined the movie would open. The family (minus Susan, who opted to stay home and pack) is at the train station to say goodbye to Peter as he heads off to study with Prof. Kirke. When he leaves, Helen turns her other two children over to her sister's family. The Pevensie parents exit, leaving Edmund and Lucy quietly complaining to one another that they get stuck with Eustace while Susan gets to go to America with their parents (college hunting, perhaps?). It especially annoys them since their father only recently returned from Europe.
http://www.persecution.com
http://www.freegao.com
"Jesus, I have no name. Allow me to bear Your name." -Richard Wurmbrand
Atarah
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 22, 2009 1:42 pm

hey! that IS an idea! :D that would show how Susan doesn't want to be with her siblings even better! :D :D I hope that's how the beggining of VotDTY goes!
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Bookwyrm » Dec 23, 2009 5:48 am

Heh, anyone want to take bets on how much screentime is going to be wasted on an unnecessary Peter and Susan cameo? :P
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

PreviousNext