This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

We were all so wrong!! (April Fools)

A place for unconfirmed news and whisperings.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, coracle

We were all so wrong!! (April Fools)

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Apr 01, 2011 1:32 pm

Guys, I just found this on some website and I thought I'd show it to you: (ignore the bad quality of copy and paste)

Interview with Andrew Adamson by Tony Nebille about Narnia Four

Nebille: What are your big plans for this next movie?

Adamson: Oh you mean the next Narnia film?

Nebille: Yes we heard that you were going to start pre-production and casting for The Giant Surprise. Is that true?

Adamson: Well, I don't know where you got that. Maybe because it's April Fool's Day. I didn't hear anything about that. (laughs) Well, the movie we're really starting on is more of a mix of movies than anything else, and it is NOT The Giant Surprise! (laughs)

Nebille: May I ask what it is?

Adamson: I'm not supposed to tell much, but it is kind of a talent-based movie starring several well-known people. The only ones I can tell you so far are Elijah Wood and Johnny Depp, but there are several more on our list to cast and we are very excited about the progress of Narnia #4.

Nebille: So what is this movie about? Narnia still? How do the other actors and actresses come in?

Adamson: Well, they are all minor parts but they do get at leat five minutes of combined screen time. The movie is still Narnia of course- Narnia #4, The Silver Snare.

Nebille: Snare? I thought it was Chair.

Adamson: We've been making a few changes. She ensares lots of the children in the stories and movies, so we wanted the title to reflect this and also wanted to show how Jadis, before she is the White Witch, ensnared Digory and Polly, and how she comes back in a third carnation as the Emerald Wicth, also known as the Lady of the Green Kirtle. This movie is mostly about Jadis, actually, and her romance with Professor Kirk (played by Elijah Wood) and we

That was all that I could get because suddenly the link was dead and I was referred back to Narnia.com's home page. :-s So that's the best I can do but I think it's enough for a start.

YAY!!! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: So Silver Chair is coming next!! And...Elijah Wood is in it! *SQUEALS* Never thought he'd be the professor, but...*shrugs*

Riella, are you reading this???????

More info as soon as/if I can find it. :D :D :D

Lu :)

P.S. Are you all happy too?? ;;)
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Re: We were all so wrong!!

Postby -centaur- » Apr 01, 2011 1:38 pm

Wow, that doesn't sound very good as far as sticking to the book is concerned. Andrew Adamson obviously has no love for the books...etc...etc...

Happy April 1st, Lucy. :p
-centaur-
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Apr 01, 2011 1:45 pm

Happy April 1st, -centaur-. And for tomorrow happy April 2nd!

Seriously, is there a holiday in New Zealand or..where do you live?

Lu
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby puddleglum32 » Apr 01, 2011 2:06 pm

Is this a joke!

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!
puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Apr 01, 2011 2:08 pm

What? I hope not, that sounds absolutely lovely!!! They better not be pulling my leg... X(
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Ithilwen » Apr 01, 2011 5:03 pm

I think it's the best direction they could have gone with the movies. I mean (pfft) the only reason why LOTR was famous at all was because Elijah Wood was in it. He's also the reason why the movie Flipper was such a huge success and is considered the #1 movie of all time.

So I think he will save the Narnia franchise. B-) Narnia desperately needed him. And besides... who can blame Jadis for falling in love with him? :x

And Johnny Depp? Well, not as famous as Elijah, but I know of a few people who have heard of him. You never know. he might get a few movie-goers as well...

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Shastafan » Apr 01, 2011 5:04 pm

Wow, Adamson's going to do great! I cannot wait to see the Silver Snare finally be made into a movie! This is what we've always wanted! :D

And Digory will be done fantastically by E. Wood! Yippee! :ymhug:
Shastafan
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Apr 01, 2011 5:12 pm

I'm glad that other people agree with me! I am so absolutely thrilled and I even managed to snare one last news tidbit (by going to 'history' and re-opening the previous page)- even though it seems to be totally deleted now. :-s Oh well, I got the end of what Adamson said that time!!

...really get to see the character of Jadis, her sweetness, that quiet side of her. It was actually Lewis' intentions for POLLY (played by Natalie Portman) to be the evil bad guy- or girl. (laughs). I'm glad to be going book-accurate again. Also, in the end, unfortunately, Jadis and Digory must part forever, and Digory returns home, where he eventually helps Polly out and they have a pretty-happy marriag. We may feature their marriage more in The Last Battle. Also, Lucy and Peter, and the others are their children. Thank you for having me.

YAY! :ymapplause:
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Ithilwen » Apr 01, 2011 6:18 pm

^^ That's very interesting about Polly. But I had a guess. There was just something in the way she disappeared in that one part (when she said she had to go "home" or else she would "catch it") that just sounded suspicious. I'd be very interested to know where she *really* went, and what she *really* caught.

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Apr 01, 2011 6:30 pm

Hmm...this calls for more research! :p
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lilygloves » Apr 01, 2011 7:33 pm

If Johnny Depp were to play anyone in TCON, it would be Pug. He already has experience being a pirate. :] I would die if they really were in the movie. Just would NOT work for me.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Re: We were all so wrong!! (April Fools)

Postby starkat » Apr 02, 2011 5:33 am

Happy April Fools!
starkat