This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Eustace in the Silver Chair

A place for unconfirmed news and whisperings.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, coracle

Re: Eustace in the Silver Chair

Postby Narnia_Fan12 » May 01, 2011 7:34 pm

MN is basically greenlit. I've learned from my friends close to the production that the film is indeed very near greenlit, just not officially. They're probably working on scripts and whatnot. ;)
Narnia_Fan12
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby CharlotteRose » May 02, 2011 11:10 am

:| I guess thats good news! I did really want to see Will in SC next but I suppose there is nothing else to be done, MN is semideffo greenlit. Thanks Narnia_Fan12 for letting us know :)
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby narnian_at_heart » May 02, 2011 9:43 pm

I hope Will stays in SC too. I liked his acting for the most part in VoDT. I thought his rage was a bit over the top, almost as if he was trying too hard, in the scene where he's first hoisted onto the Dawn Treader but other than that, I thought it was good. I think it would put a damper on the series if he was left out.

Oh, and I always thought of Jill being as tall or taller than Eustace and I've never seen the BBC movies.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Jill_Pole » May 03, 2011 3:21 am

On wiki it said that MN is next.... oh dang!
Jill_Pole
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Liberty Hoffman » May 06, 2011 3:03 pm

12: awwwww.....I wanna see Will Poulter in SC!
oh well. at least they are making another Narnia movie! :D :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Jill_Pole » May 12, 2011 12:13 am

I guess there is always a bright side, but what if they bung it all up and never make SC?
Jill_Pole
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Shastafan » May 16, 2011 3:11 pm

Then at least he saw him at all. There's no real garuntee that they'll ever finish making all seven books into movies (although a lot of us want them to), but we can't look that far ahead yet. The main thing is that most of us love Will Poulter as Eustace. But whether or not SC is even made, weren't we lucky enough to have seen him once? I have no idea what will happen, but I'm glad to have had Will Poulter do the job in VDT, and if they do make SC, we might get to see him again, and if they don't, I still saw him. :)
Shastafan
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby waggawerewolf27 » May 17, 2011 5:10 am

Kira wrote:Those of you who think Jill might be taller probably saw the BBC Narnia's, in which she is taller. Personally I always found that rather odd, as in the book it gives the impression that she's on the smaller side. All the same, I really liked the girl who played Jill in BBC's Silver Chair. :)

Yes, I liked Camilla Powers also as Jill Pole, and didn't find it at all odd that she was taller than David Thwaites who played Eustace in the BBC production of SC. I thought one reason why those sporty cricketing hooligans were bullying Jill Pole at the beginning of the movie was because of her name matching her height. If they did the same with the new movie it wouldn't upset me all that much.

Narnia_Fan12 wrote:MN is basically greenlit. I've learned from my friends close to the production that the film is indeed very near greenlit, just not officially. They're probably working on scripts and whatnot.

Now that is an interesting comment to make. I hope you are right. In a recent news item about VDT winning a Crystal Seal Dove award, Lucy was quoted as having affirmed that neither her character nor Will Poulter's character is in Magician's Nephew, but that they are in other movies that might be made. There is a possibility there could be some sort of cameo for her and Will Poulter to appear in if MN is greenlit, especially as Magician's Nephew, whenever it is made, and whichever other movies have or have not been made, is still going to be one huge flashback.

After all, if it is possible to give the White Witch more movie time in VDT, especially, it should be just as possible to find a way to keep Will Poulter in view for a later movie. Especially as it would be easy to do it as part of one of those Narnia talks Eustace said he had with Lucy and Edmund at the end of film VDT.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby CharlotteRose » May 18, 2011 12:05 pm

Hhhm thats a good idea, have it so that they were actually listening all along, but then I think they'de have to do an intro bit as well because I thik it'd be wierd and confusing if they just turned up in the end. I like the idea :) but I don't know about everyone else?...
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby stateofgreen » May 18, 2011 8:36 pm

I like the idea of Eustace and Lucy in a prologue and epilogue to Magician's Nephew....with Jim Broadbent as well reprising his role as older Digory. Some Eustace and Lucy is better than none. :D

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Narnia_Fan12 » Jun 07, 2011 12:08 am

waggawerewolf27 wrote:
Narnia_Fan12 wrote:MN is basically greenlit. I've learned from my friends close to the production that the film is indeed very near greenlit, just not officially. They're probably working on scripts and whatnot.

Now that is an interesting comment to make. I hope you are right. In a recent news item about VDT winning a Crystal Seal Dove award, Lucy was quoted as having affirmed that neither her character nor Will Poulter's character is in Magician's Nephew, but that they are in other movies that might be made. There is a possibility there could be some sort of cameo for her and Will Poulter to appear in if MN is greenlit, especially as Magician's Nephew, whenever it is made, and whichever other movies have or have not been made, is still going to be one huge flashback.

After all, if it is possible to give the White Witch more movie time in VDT, especially, it should be just as possible to find a way to keep Will Poulter in view for a later movie. Especially as it would be easy to do it as part of one of those Narnia talks Eustace said he had with Lucy and Edmund at the end of film VDT.

I'm sure they could find a way to squeeze Lucy/Eu in for a cameo of some sort. Heck, the script for the film hasn't even been written yet. I think what Georgie was saying was that at that current time and place, the production hadn't let her know of any plans to move on with her landing a role in MN.
Narnia_Fan12
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby stateofgreen » Jun 07, 2011 6:23 pm

I’m getting used to the idea as time goes on and there's no official greenlight announcement that it might be better artistically and book faithfully to recast Eustace and keep the little children bullying idea of Silver Chair in. Unless they find the most unique way to keep Will and adapt SC to make it believable and gripping as a story and cast a strong actress as Jill opposite him then I don’t know if there’s any hope of SC being good.

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Jill_Pole » Jun 08, 2011 2:24 am

Well this way, I have more time to practice acting and therefore be Jill in the movie (or well thats the "plan") :P
I though Georgie said that she doesn't want to be in another Narnia movie.... then again I also read that she wanted a cameo..... make up your mind!
Jill_Pole
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Jill_Pole » Jun 21, 2011 3:28 am

This is a weird question, but who here thinks that the actor should grow his hair longer: in the other things that I have seen him in it makes him look more natural. ;;)

Also, if you have seen Tangled: I think that Eugene's clothes would be a good style for Eustace

ideas 8-}
Jill_Pole
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Eustace » Sep 01, 2011 9:59 pm

Eustace would not look good with his hair longer. Caspian's was bad enough. Interesting idea to have Eustace wear Eugene's clothes. Maybe.
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Jill_Pole » Sep 02, 2011 3:31 am

Oh lordy no, I don't mean the weird bob that caspian had, I just mean like Peter's hair in the second film!
Jill_Pole
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext