This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Eustace in the Silver Chair

A place for unconfirmed news and whisperings.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, coracle

Re: Eustace in the Silver Chair

Postby ~DaughterOfEve~ » Jan 01, 2011 6:45 pm

Too tall so cut him? That's absurd! He is a great actor and if you change actors because the other was "too tall" it just ruins the character!
~DaughterOfEve~
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Jan 01, 2011 7:31 pm

Most perfectly agreed, ~DaughterOfEve~!

Will Poulter IS Eustace; if they change him they will have many most-unhappy fans :((
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Trufflehunter » Jan 02, 2011 8:42 am

All the Pevensie children aged quickly and are all a lot older in the film PC then they were in the book. The same thing will happen with Will Poulter. He still looks the same (other than height), so I don't think there should/will be a problem.
"I'm a beast I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on. I say great good will come of it... And we beasts remember, even if Dwarfs forget, that Narnia was never right except when a son of Adam was King." -Trufflehunter
Trufflehunter
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Shy Galadriel » Jan 10, 2011 6:30 pm

I think that the best reason to keep Will as Eustace is because of continuity. I mean, no one ever respects a sequel that re-cast a main character! I'm talking about live action actors, not voice actors. I mean, they might get away with replacing Liam, but replacing a face is kind of really a bad idea.
I dreamt that I dwelt in marble halls

<3 As you wish <3
Shy Galadriel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby JillPoleFan565 » Jan 10, 2011 6:57 pm

it would also be hard to find a person who looks enough like him because eustance is only a couple months older in silver chair its not like he has aged 20 years so it is near impossible to find someone that looks enough like him and who is as talented as he is
watch me on youtube doing narnia monologues
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnnabananagirl
JillPoleFan565
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby georgiefan1 » Jan 16, 2011 2:54 pm

I would hate for him to be switched. for alot of people I've talked to Will Poulter was their favorite part of VDT and height shouldnt be a big deal, Skandar grew 6 inches on the set of LWW, they tilted the camera, if they need him desparately to be shorter, cant they do that too?
NW twin to Georgiefan! NW sib to 22!
avvie by AslansChild thank you!!!
georgiefan1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Rilian The Disenchanted » Jan 16, 2011 3:08 pm

Why would Poulter's age be that important?
William Moseley was 21 in PC, when in the book he was 15 or so?
Rilian The Disenchanted
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Jill_Pole » Jan 20, 2011 2:15 am

Thats a good point "Rilian The Disenchanted"
They just need a Jill to balance the growth of Eustace :)
And the growth of Eustace came from the voyage to Narnia, and in the book it does say he has grown and changed since "last term"
Jill_Pole
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Jan 25, 2011 6:28 pm

And besides, Eustace is their link- the Pevensie's are gone and Will is who people will be looking for. If they keep him, they've got my ticket for SC already! If not... X( :( :(( :(( :((
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby CharlotteRose » Jan 27, 2011 1:59 pm

In every film I have seen with re-cassting in it, Re-casting never works! Especially as Will Poulter is an AMAZING actor and as his performance, fan reception and award nominations tell us, he was one of the highlights of VDT.
Also , i'm fed up of seeing short actors/ actresses! No offesnce ment to shorter people, but why is there some rule that film stars can't be tall? Now, most young actresses are really quite short. I think that Will should play eustace in SC and the Jill they cast should be taller too. It would be a devistating blow to the Narnia franchise if they recast such an amazing character! Plus, as others have said, it would alienate a lot of people...
As far a LB goes, if they do make it, an older cast may be more suiting for a darker theme, as with harry potter- they were originally childrens books, but I can't imagine any parent letting their yong child watch the most recent Harry Potter film if it were the first one, if you see what i'm trying to say?
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Jill_Pole » Jan 27, 2011 5:20 pm

CHARLOTTE ROSE, you are so right!
He is an amazing actor, and don't worry there as tall actors: Benedict Cumerbatch, Rupert Grint, Stephan Fry, Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Brad Garrett, Hugh Laurie. For actresses there's Nicole Kidman, Uma Thurman, Sigourney Weaver (For your info, I looked some of these up on the web!)
I am personally 5"7 (nearly, getting there) and I agree that Jill should be tall, and Puddleglum really! tall (might be a little problem, maybe http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2017161/)
And I also like your idea about the HP/LB darkness
AWESOME THINKING :D
Jill_Pole
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Jill_Pole » Jan 27, 2011 5:22 pm

Jill_Pole
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby CharlotteRose » Jan 28, 2011 9:40 am

Jill_Pole wrote: For actresses there's Nicole Kidman, Uma Thurman, Sigourney Weaver (For your info, I looked some of these up on the web!)
I am personally 5"7 (nearly, getting there) and I agree that Jill should be tall, and Puddleglum really! tall (might be a little problem, maybe http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2017161/)
And I also like your idea about the HP/LB darkness
AWESOME THINKING :D

Thanks Jill Pole! It is nice to see taller actresses around as there are ALOT of shorter ones (not that anything is wrong with that :) )
I'm around 5''7 too, so i guess we are kind of seeing this from the same point of view!
Also, I was thinking more about the HP/LB similarities and there are quite a few really, so maybe that is a direction they might go in!
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Jill_Pole » Feb 04, 2011 3:51 am

I think it is actually quite rare to have a short actress (unless you count Snooki, which I personally don't!)
I measured other day, I am 167cm so I have still a little bit to grow :D

I think that if they are going to finish the Narnia movies, they will have to also realize that it is a children's book, and even though some of the themes in the books and films are quite grown up, the underlying story is for children
So they will have to balance the darkness quite a lot, and maybe use the music or some CGI to bring in the darkness.
The books also have value for a teenage audience, but that is lost on most of the teens of today :(
Jill_Pole
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Reepicheep775 » Feb 04, 2011 8:51 pm

^ It was lost on most of teens in Lewis' day too.;))
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Jill_Pole » Feb 09, 2011 4:19 pm

Well they were weird, its better than most of the other books around then:
for example, "The Little White Horse"
Oh, I'm 13, I am moving from London, everyone loves me, I have a special room in a castle... etc etc....
Narnia had morals and the contemplation of good and evil!
Jill_Pole
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext