This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Silver Chair or Magician's Nephew Next?

A place for unconfirmed news and whisperings.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, coracle

Re: Official Box Office Numbers

Postby Reepicheep775 » Jan 11, 2011 9:21 am

AslanIsOnTheMove wrote:I know you can't believe everything you read on the web, but I was looking through Voyage of the Dawn Treader's message board on imdb and someone posted the following.

imdb user wrote:

$400 Million Worldwide is the number that Fox is looking at for this film. That is what they want. I have been told by a friend who works on the film Development side for Fox that If this Film Reaches $400 Million Worldwide that 20th Century Fox will Green Light both The Silver Chair and The Horse and His Boy. Plus once they do Green Light The Silver Chair I have been told that Fox has a December 5th 2012 release date planned.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0980970/boa ... 145748?p=1

Judging by various sources, it seems that Fox/Walden wants to make The Magician's Nephew before The Horse and His Boy. This isn't definite, but it is evidence against the imdb quote. And, yeah, this is imdb...
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby fantasia » Jan 11, 2011 9:53 am

Yep, considering how strong the behind-the-scenes push is to do The Magician's Nephew before even The Silver Chair, I'm taking the above post with a very large amount of salt.

However, they do say Fox and not Walden. I don't know what Fox's feelings are on the next film.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Rilian The Disenchanted » Jan 11, 2011 10:21 am

Greenlighting 2 sequels seems a bit wishful thinking. If this movie had done at least 150 million domestic and 500+ worldwide perhaps. But it is a smaller succes. I really hope Fox plans a fast Narnia release schedule, but i don't believe it unless it's made official.
Rilian The Disenchanted
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby FriendofNarnia2 » Jan 11, 2011 10:22 am

The thing about IMDb is that anyone could have written that. As far as you all know, it could have been me. (Just in case anyone was wondering, it wasn't, I'm just sayin'.)
Check out "The Magician's Nephew" and "The Last Battle" trailers I created!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwWtuk3Qafg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrPxboeZqrA
FriendofNarnia2
NarniaWeb Guru

Re: The Silver Chair or Magician's Nephew Next?

Postby wolfloversk » Jan 11, 2011 2:14 pm

Oh I hope so.... and if that is the case I hope that VDT hits it's mark... I just hope The Hobbit will be far enough away to not compete with it.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby perfect_jill_pole » Jan 11, 2011 5:21 pm

But if SC goes out, everybody will go crazy, it´s Narnia´s most expected film! The Hobbit will have absolutly no chance against SC.
HELP SAVE SILVER CHAIR! WATCH VDT!
perfect_jill_pole
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby aragorn2 » Jan 11, 2011 8:01 pm

perfect_jill_pole said,
But if SC goes out, everybody will go crazy, it´s Narnia´s most expected film! The Hobbit will have absolutly no chance against SC.

Actually the LWW was the most expected Narnia film and since the Narnia series has been getting less and less with each movie that comes out there isn't all that much expectations outside the diehard fans like us.

As for the Hobbit, the filmakers would have to be complete idiots to try and pit SC against it. For 1 thing Tolkien has a MUCH bigger fan-base then the Chronicles do. And the LOTR are I think might be the most criticly aclaimed series ever made(17 Academy Awards, and over 90% approval rating one each of them on RT) and the 4th most successful movie series of all time.

As for myself I would see the Hobbit anyday over any Narnia film.
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby wolfloversk » Jan 11, 2011 9:19 pm

perfect_jill_pole wrote:But if SC goes out, everybody will go crazy, it´s Narnia´s most expected film! The Hobbit will have absolutly no chance against SC.

Really? Well I'd agree with aragorn when he says that title belongs to LWW, after that I would have said VDT based on it being a fanbase favorite, and then MN seems to have the movie makers excited. HHB will likely be the easiest to adapt cinematically and a recent poll indicated it was NWer's second favorite. LB will likely get a lot of hype being the last one, but SC? I haven't heard anything on it... other than normal series speculation since it's next.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby MinotaurforAslan » Jan 11, 2011 10:21 pm

perfect_jill_pole wrote:But if SC goes out, everybody will go crazy, it´s Narnia´s most expected film! The Hobbit will have absolutly no chance against SC.

That will not be the case. The LoTR fanbase is far larger and more powerful than the Narnia fanbase. Plus, The Hobbit will be riding on 9 years of hype.
MinotaurforAslan
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Narnia_Fan12 » Jan 11, 2011 10:24 pm

I would say that it is entirely possible, AIOTM, but I can't confirm it from Fox. However, I'll send an email right now and see if I can get a statement on that.
Narnia_Fan12
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Jan 12, 2011 1:17 am

Aragorn2, The Chronicles of Narnia have sold over 120 million copies, whilst The Lord of the Rings has sold over 150 million. Granted, that's still a difference of around 30 million copies and there are 7 books in the CoN and either 3 or 1 for LotR. As of June 2008, the Harry Potter books have sold over 400 million copies! That's insane.
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Narnia_Fan12 » Jan 12, 2011 10:58 am

In response to

imdb user wrote:

$400 Million Worldwide is the number that Fox is looking at for this film. That is what they want. I have been told by a friend who works on the film Development side for Fox that If this Film Reaches $400 Million Worldwide that 20th Century Fox will Green Light both The Silver Chair and The Horse and His Boy. Plus once they do Green Light The Silver Chair I have been told that Fox has a December 5th 2012 release date planned.

I emailed Fox, and here's what they sent me... "Sorry, it is not a statement we made." so... I guess that guy doesn't know what he's talking about?
Narnia_Fan12
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby perfect_jill_pole » Jan 12, 2011 6:52 pm

Don´t worry, Narnia fans will help, and watch SC, and stay away from the Hobbit. But SC has Jill Pole, who wouldn´t like to see Jill and Eustace finding a lost prince, with giants. Specially lil kids, they love fantasy. But to go against The Hobbit, Walden and Fox need to make it better than any Narnia film ever made, it needs to be magic and realistic ( like the part were Jill flys, that needs to be well done! ) And maybe they need to realese it at least a week earlier than The Hobbit. And everybody will be dying to see what happens in LB! And even more exited if they do LB in 2 parts! Let´s help SC people!
perfect_jill_pole
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Ithilwen » Jan 12, 2011 8:52 pm

perfect_jill_pole wrote:Don´t worry, Narnia fans will help, and watch SC, and stay away from the Hobbit.

I think watching SC is all that's needed, really. Especially seeing it more than once. Or, at least, it's all that's going to happen. No one is going to "stay away" from The Hobbit. Unless Tolkien books/movies were never their thing in the first place. ;)

~Riella
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby perfect_jill_pole » Jan 13, 2011 7:49 am

Anyway I think this should be the order of the next films
Fall 2012 - SC
Winter 2012 - MN
Summer 2013 - HHB
Winter 2013 - LB part 1
Spring 2014 - LB part 2
perfect_jill_pole
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Narnia_Fan12 » Jan 14, 2011 3:36 pm

I doubt that the filmmakers would place the Silver Chair against the Hobbit. that'd be ridiculous. The Hobbit would DESTROY the Silver Chair. just sayin :P
Narnia_Fan12
NarniaWeb Fanatic

PreviousNext