This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Favorite & Least Favorite Costume

Dressing up Narnia-style!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Re: Favorite & Least Favorite Costume

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jul 30, 2014 12:51 pm

It's really hard to pick, but I think my favorite dress might be the one that Susan wears during the hunt for the White Stag. The neckline is very pretty, and I love the embroidery and overall design. I also love the color combination; the green underdress peeking out looks so pretty against the purple fabric.

As for my least favorite outfit... hmm. At the moment, I'm going to go with Lucy's pink dress in Prince Caspian. I like the dress itself, I just feel that it being so pink hurts the design. We don't get much of a glimpse of it as it is, and even in the images we do see, you can't discern very much of the detail. I think it would have looked a lot better if there had been more colors going on or some extra embroidery. Susan's dress in that scene is a lot more eye-catching and I think Lucy's gown sort of fades away because of it.
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Foedhrass » Nov 18, 2015 12:19 pm

Three of my favourite costumes:

- Susan's battle armor and chainmail in PC.
- Oreius' armor
- The White Witch's battle garb

I have to admit, I'm a fan of armor ;) As you probably noticed ;)
But I like Lucy's red dress in PC, too.

Least favourite:
Prince Caspian's farewell dress.
Foedhrass
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Cleander » Feb 12, 2019 3:24 pm

Oh, this thread looks quiet. I think I'll post on it. :D
So my favorite Narnia costume is definitely... Peter's armor, of course! It looks like it's straight out of the 1300's, and I have a thing for medieval stuff. (One of the many things that attracted me to Narnia, actually.) A close second is General Glozelle's costume. He looks so... commanding.
My least favorite is probably the thing that Miraz wears in a few of the castle scenes in PC. It sticks out really far in the middle, making it look like an ugly maternity shirt. =))
PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Find it on the Talk About Narnia Forum!
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lady Arwen » Mar 02, 2019 10:42 pm

Actually, Miraz's shirt is quite historically accurate, and to the same time period(ish) as Peter's armor! Just a slightly different setting. ;)) Not only is it vaguely close to a Viking base tunic, but it's fairly close to the classic Knights Templar tunic.
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Previous