This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Favorite Dress of Susan's

Dressing up Narnia-style!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Which of Susan's outfits is your favorite?

Coronation Gown (LWW)
15%
Green Archery Dress (LWW)
28%
Adult Susan Dress (LWW)
5%
School Uniform (PC)
1%
Purple Dress (PC)
4%
Night Raid Dress (PC)
3%
Battle Dress (PC)
16%
Farewell Dress (PC)
20%
Coronation Dress (PC)
8%
Other (please say which)
No votes

Total votes : 75

Re: Favorite Dress of Susan's

Postby tomalter05 » Jul 26, 2010 11:54 pm

My favourite dress of Susan's Night Raid Dress (PC).This Dress very nice when susan wearing that.
tomalter05
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Elizabeth » Jul 31, 2010 4:54 pm

The Green Archery Dress (LWW) and Farewell Dress (PC) were a close tie. But the Archery dress won for me. :D Not only is it pretty but you could still do all the adventurous things that you couldn't do in the Farewell dress (I'd be afraid of ripping it! ;) ). The Farewell dress came in close second though!
Elizabeth
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby MrsHolmes » Nov 21, 2010 8:30 pm

That was hard to decide! I finally picked the blue coronation gown (LWW) with the Farewell Dress (PC) as a very close tie. I'd actually like to own both gowns, haha. :)

Awesome-as sig by Ithilwen, sweet-as avi by DamselJillPole. Thanks you two! *hugs*
MrsHolmes
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: World of Sherlock Holmes, solving mysteries with E+J (Watson) and DamselJillPole (Adler)

Postby beloved » Nov 24, 2010 8:19 am

I voted for the green archery dress. Green is one of my favorite colors and that dress looks comfortable an practical. I'll take one in every color. :D
I almost picked the night raid dress. If I was going into battle I would wear that because it totally rocks with the mail and that awesome red skirt.
Round of applause for costume designers :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

"And this marvel of all marvels, that he called me Beloved, me who am but as a dog-"     -Emeth
beloved
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby MountainFireflower » Jul 26, 2012 2:03 pm

Agh, this was such a hard choice, but I voted for the Farewell dress in PC. I love the fabric in particular, and the design is so unique that it definitely sticks out in my mind.

That dress is closely followed by her coronation dress in LWW. That one is beautiful, and definitely one of my favorites.

Third, her archery dress and her battle dress from PC are both awesome. I especially like what Genny said here:
Susan's battle dress is AMAZING! The dress is such a pretty deep shade of red and I love how the skirt on it is so full to make it really fun to twirl in and feminine, but also has splits in the front so a horseback rider like me can easily still ride a horse in it! The gold detaling on the skirt is very pretty too.

Overall, though, all of Susan's dresses are gorgeous, and I'd love to have any one of them. ;))
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby SummerSnow » Jul 27, 2012 1:54 pm

I voted for her green archery dress. It was a hard choice, because I also liked her night raid dress, her LWW coronation dress, and her purple dress.
My lovely avatar was made by Valia!
SummerSnow
NarniaWeb Junkie
The WC Submersible Subterfuge Sub

Postby Narnian_Badger » Jul 27, 2012 8:31 pm

I voted for the green dress in LWW. It's beautiful, but it's also practical--suiting for the Gentle Queen.

Although, my main choice is one that I can't remember ever being in the actual film, or even if my mind is just playing tricks on me. I seem to remember there being a dress that Susan was going to wear in the ballroom dancing scene (LWW), although that scene was later scrapped. However, if I'm not crazy, there was a short behind-the-scenes featurette that showed Anna Popplewell spinning around in the dress Susan was supposed to wear, and I recall it being gorgeous. I can't even remember what colour it was, just that it was pretty. ;)) I'd look it up, but alas, do not have my DVDs with me. I'm going to have to check this when I get back home. ;))
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Milana » Aug 06, 2012 10:18 am

I voted for the PC coronation dress, although I was debating between that and the adult susan dress in LWW.

Narnian_Badger, the only dress I remember susan spinning around in in the LWW behind the scenes is the coronation dress. but I don't remember ALL the behind the scenes so maybe there was another one.
my graphics: http://milanaop.deviantart.com/
Milana
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Hermitess of Narnia » Aug 25, 2012 10:27 am

I voted for the green archery dress. I love the cape that goes along with it, and the belt, and the stitching is very nice.
Hermitess of Narnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby wild rose » Sep 16, 2012 7:55 am

I had a really hard time choosing, but at last I went with the grown Queen Susan's dress, a close second is the green archery dress :)
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby ValiantArcher » Sep 24, 2012 8:09 pm

Susan has a lot of pretty outfits, but like so many of you, I chose her green archery dress. ;)) It's simple and practical, but still queenly and what immediately comes to mind when I think of Susan's outfits. A close second would probably be her coronation gown, and her adult outfit is also really lovely. :)
Some days you battle yourself and other monsters.
Some days you just make soup.
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Previous