This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

White Witch Battle Garb

Dressing up Narnia-style!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Re: White Witch Battle Garb

Postby Trinity » Oct 31, 2011 5:53 pm

I suspect they used a very light chainmail ring. You are right, though, it is quite full - perhaps there is a petticoat. I know there were comments from the designers on the White Witch Wardrobe page. Perhaps someone on here knows how we can communicate with the designers? :)
Trinity
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Verdaera » Dec 22, 2011 11:47 am

Got some progress!

Posted a bunch of info on it to my blog, too: http://rebelshaven.blogspot.com/2011/12 ... a-wip.html
Verdaera
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Trinity » Feb 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Lookin good Ver! I've put this project aside for now since I have a ton of other projects that have come up in the meantime. I hope to work on it again before next Halloween! I'll keep checking back to see your progress :) :)
Trinity
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Verdaera » Apr 05, 2012 9:16 pm

Aww, hope to see you get back at it, Trin :)

I've made a little bit of progress since I last posted:

For full pic --> http://www.rebelshaven.com/images/costu ... irt002.jpg
Verdaera
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby AslansChild » Apr 18, 2012 4:06 pm

Wow, that seems like a really daunting task you're taking on Verdaera...but it looks so good right now! Thanks so much for posting the pics. :)
"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Alice_WL » May 01, 2012 2:28 pm

Very nice work so far, it looks very heavy.. lol.. ^_^
"Who knows what I could bring, flying high upon a wing.
I believe that anything can be a princess thing."
- Princess Sofia the First
Alice_WL
NarniaWeb Regular

White Witch Battle Garb progress

Postby Trinity » Nov 11, 2013 10:01 am

Wow 2 years later and I'm finally finishing this costume! I missed the Halloween deadline so now I'm aiming for PopExpo in December. Here's a shot of the dress with the chainmail overlay:

I cheated and used a chainmail-like fabric that was essentially a large knit.
It started out grey, then I spray painted the inside black to give it depth, then the outside stainless silver, and finally gave the bottom-up a light black paint job to make it look weathered. The effect is pretty nice although I do not like the way the fabric pulls at the seams. It's so heavy that it stretches. I'm sure I'll be trimming the hem as the day goes on.

The cuirass vest was actually easier than I thought it would be. After researching tons of tutorials on corset making (and after a test run) I applied what I learned to the vest. It's one piece like in the movie and yes, I need two people to help put it on! It's all lined, boned with a super nice, soft faux leather that I found in Montreal. In hindsight it should have had way more panels to make it more form fitting but it's still looks great on and anyways, with all the hair, you can only see about 2 inches of it on the bottom! :)

Now the crown has proven much more of a challenge. I swear I've spent more time on this part of the costume than all of the others combined. I wanted it to be as screen-accurate as possible so I started with a ton of screenshots and then traced them into a 2D version that I could print and use as a template. A metal skeleton was created from the template that could be bent and manipulated to suit what I wanted. I covered that with paper mache to give it some lightweight bulk and then finally it was all covered with wall plaster and then sanded. The result is more of a work of art than a headpiece! lol I still have to paint it but I'm hoping that will be the easy part. I still cannot figure out how to affix it to my head solidly. I have two hair combs attached underneath which keeps it on but it still shifts side to side. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know! ;;)

view full size

I still have to cut a sword out of MDF and figure out how to make her wand. If anyone has a line on the full size WETA replica, please let me know.
Trinity
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Alice_WL » Nov 27, 2013 9:20 pm

what do you mean has a "line" on the WETA replica? I own one.
"Who knows what I could bring, flying high upon a wing.
I believe that anything can be a princess thing."
- Princess Sofia the First
Alice_WL
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Trinity » Nov 28, 2013 5:24 pm

I meant if anyone knew of one for sale, I'd be interested. Since posting that, I've started making my own wand but it's hard to find good screencaps of all angles to copy the metalwork on the chrome parts of the wand. I'd be much appreciative if you could post some pics - especially of the part right before the long icicle end :D
Trinity
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: White Witch Battle Garb Progress!

Postby Trinity » Dec 01, 2013 9:55 am

Finally finished the crowns. I'm somewhat pleased with how they came out although I don't know if I would use the same technique to make them again. These crowns were definitely a labour of love and the most time I've spent on a prop for a costume.

I'll glue some wefts of blonde hair to the underside to help with all the teased hair she's supposed to have back there. I do have long blonde hair but it will be pulled back on the top and I don't think it will be enough without some additional extensions.

click for full size

click for full size
Trinity
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Trinity » Dec 06, 2013 12:29 pm

Sword finally finished. This is a Centaur's sword that Jadis fights with. I made it from MDF - cut in one piece, carved with my dremel and sanded by hand. Embellishments are cut in EVA foam. I'm really happy with how this came out. I used images from this site as a reference so this sword is made to scale and probably 95% accurate.

Trinity
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Trinity » Dec 11, 2013 6:49 am

Here's the costume all put together. There are several things I'd like to change but overall I'm pleased with how it turned out. And it was a big hit at PopExpo!

Trinity
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Meltintalle » Dec 11, 2013 9:23 am

Trinity, your hard work blows me away. That is stunning!
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Reepicheep775 » Dec 12, 2013 3:17 pm

Very cool! B-)
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Anfinwen » Feb 28, 2014 9:22 am

Wow. Just wow. I'm blown away by your work. Awesome costume!
Formerly The Lady Arwen Undómiel
Anfinwen
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby jewel » May 07, 2014 12:00 pm

Impressive Trinity.
jewel
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext