This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Measure Your Words: Section Rules

Dressing up Narnia-style!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Measure Your Words: Section Rules

Postby Meltintalle » Aug 05, 2009 1:03 pm

Welcome to Costumes! This is where we discuss all past and future Narnia costuming — a place for film costume research, future costume concepts, picture sharing, and a little bit of chat about where to wear your costumes when you are finished with them! To help you and everyone else enjoy this section, please read and follow the forum rules as well as these guidelines:

1.) This section is for Narnian costumes and props only. For non-Narnian costumes, fashion, and sewing, please visit the Fashion thread in the Spare Oom.

2.) In general we keep one thread per costume from the Walden movies. These threads are where everyone can help with research, post pictures, discuss different construction theories, spot embroidery, offer fabric or pattern suggestions, etc.

• There may also be threads for narrower topics (i.e., White Witch corset, Peter's Sword). There may also be threads for broader topics that relate to Narnia costuming techniques (i.e. armor, chain mail, hair/wigs, etc.)
• If you have step-by-step tutorials for props or costumes (i.e., How I Made My Faun Legs), they certainly deserve their own thread, so feel free to open one.

3.) Before opening a new thread, check to see if there is already an open thread on that topic (use the search function). We love to get back into older topics, so if you find a dormant closed thread that you'd like to see open again, PM the Costumes moderator.

4.) When posting images, please remember that no one likes to scroll over! Thumbnails and URL links are good, or smaller images under 500 pixels in width that link to bigger ones. Many free image uploading sites offer thumbnail, link, resizing, and cropping options.

If you have any questions, please PM the Costumes moderator. Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks, and happy posting — and costuming! :)

— Meltintalle
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel