This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Adult Lucy dress

Dressing up Narnia-style!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Adult Lucy dress

Postby Phoenyx » Apr 22, 2011 2:12 pm

After lots of deliberation and mind-changing I've decided that my first attempt at recreating a Narnian dress will be adult Lucy's dress from the end of LWW. I'm going to use Butterick 4571 and modify it to match the seams from Cherie's description and/or hiding any additional needed seams underneath the trim.

One thing I've been stumping on in my head is what to do about the cloak. At first glance I'd think those medallions on Lucy's shoulders are buttons for the cloak to loop onto, and the chain in front is decorative. But I don't want the medallions there if I'm not wearing the cloak. Any ideas for how I can go about this?
Phoenyx
NarniaWeb Newbie

Re: Adult Lucy dress

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Apr 22, 2011 3:44 pm

I am not experienced (at all!) in this area, but I had a thought. What if you made an extra part on the cape with Velcro on it, to fold into the inside front of the dress? It might not be comfortable, but maybe you could work with the idea and figure something out. I hope I'm making sense!

Lu :)
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Anfinwen » Apr 23, 2011 10:46 am

I've always thought that pattern would be perfect for the adult Lucy costume!
Formerly The Lady Arwen Undómiel
Anfinwen
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Thenin » May 13, 2011 1:55 pm

My suggestion if you do not want the medallions on your cloak when not in use would be to make them pins. So that you can take them on and off as needed.
Thenin
NarniaWeb Newbie