This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Any Narnians at the MCM Expo?

Dressing up Narnia-style!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Any Narnians at the MCM Expo?

Postby LittleLionTamer » Mar 01, 2011 5:52 am

First of all a big hello from my side! I'm pretty new on this board, but I've been following this page for a while now since it's like a big treasure box to my Costume plans.

Now I have a question that I think fits in very well here, and I wanted to ask if any of you will be at the MCM Expo this year in London (27-29th May) and if, are you going to dress up?

It will be the first Comic Con for me and I am so excited, and spontanously decided for sewing Susan's farewell dress because I like Susan a lot and that dress is just epic :D For now I have found a good pattern but the blue fabric for the overdress is a pain to find. I will browse through Dublin's fabric stores the next weekend and hope I'll find something nice though.

Anyway, since the VoDT came out Christmas I hope so much to meet some other Narnia cosplayers there (Maybe even some Caspians, but that's just me hoping ;;) ).

But, it would be so awesome if there are other people dressing up as Narnia Characters and to have somewhat like a Narnia fan meeting or anything close to that. :)
"But I'm always dreaming, even when I'm awake; it is never finished."
LittleLionTamer
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Any Narnians at the MCM Expo?

Postby Quinlin » Mar 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Hello there and welcome to NW, LittleLionTamer! :D

That's amazing that your going to the MCM this year! Up until now, I didn't actually know there was a Comic Con in London! :p I've only attended one Comic Con before, in NYC, back in 2008. There was a press conference/ panel with several actors and the producer of the Prince Caspian film. It was a wonderful experience, although there was quite a crowd gathered for the event. I didn't have the opportunity to dress up, mostly because I'm not very practiced in sewing and costume creations, but it was also rather a spontaneous event.

Unfortunately, I will not be as fortunate to attend the MCM in London, it's a bit far from here. I love that you chose to sew Susan's farewell dress. It's one of my favorite costumes out of all the Pevensie's. I'm sure it will turn out lovely! Wow! And it's nice to see someone from Europe here on NW. I wish I could go fabric shopping in Dublin! :p You're so lucky to be going! I hope you have a wonderful time and that you meet some fellow Narnia lovers there! :)

~Quin
I've Been to Narnia!
'I can still hear the hoofbeats in my heart'
Quinlin
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Birthday Committee Sub

Postby LittleLionTamer » Mar 02, 2011 3:19 am

Hello and thank you for the warm welcome!

To be honest, I've never been on a Comic Con myself. I know that there are two in a year in London and I wanted to go last year but we decided to spend our money elsewise in London : :p
I've been on several Bookfairs in Germany where I come from but since I'm in Ireland until summer me and my friends decided for a trip to London by bus overseas since it's going to be really exciting and the MCM Expo just happened to be a week before my birthday, so.. it's a pre-birthday trip for me! I have high hopes that some Actors of Narnia will attend it, I've read that Ben Barnes has been there a couple of years ago when Prince Caspian came out and since VotDT is so recent, I hope that I'll be lucky :D

So far, I've ordered the pattern and I'm positive I'll get the dress ready in time (If my luck let's me find a nice fabric, that is.) But It would be so awesome to see other people dressed up as Narnia characters :) In Germany we barely have any. Sadly.
But it's London and it's basically THE place to find them. I hope it at least :D

As soon as I have made process here I'll post some pictures :) I already have a Lilliandil outfit but it was just a mix of things I found in my wardrobe and it was such a spontanous idea.
LittleLionTamer
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Quinlin » Mar 03, 2011 7:17 pm

LittleLionTamer wrote: have high hopes that some Actors of Narnia will attend it, I've read that Ben Barnes has been there a couple of years ago when Prince Caspian came out and since VotDT is so recent, I hope that I'll be lucky. :D

Wow! That would be amazing if you were able to meet any of the Narnia actors at the Comic Con. That would be quite the experience. As I mentioned, I attended the Comic Con in NYC and was actually lucky enough to meet both William Moseley & Ben Barnes! They are both lovely people, who are so easy to talk to and laugh with! :) It was all a matter of chance and being at the right place at the right time, so keep your eyes peeled through the crowd; who knows who you'll spot at these great events! ;)

I can't wait to see some pictures of the dress and wish you luck on your fabric search! :)
I've Been to Narnia!
'I can still hear the hoofbeats in my heart'
Quinlin
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Birthday Committee Sub

Postby LittleLionTamer » Mar 04, 2011 6:00 am

I can imagine that this has been quite the experience for you! :) Sadly I have no chance ever to get to America anytime soon because it's so expensive to get there, but London is almost as good <3 I've been to London last year and I can say it's the city of my dreams. I can't wait to go back!
My pattern for the dress arrived today and I'm going fabric shopping tomorrow! I hope I'll be successful - the dress is only a footstep away :)
I ordered this pattern here for any who are interested: http://www.simplicity.com/p-1532-costumes.aspx

With a few changes (without the Sleeves, and the overdress just a bit changed) I think it's really easy and pretty accurate to the original!
LittleLionTamer
NarniaWeb Regular