This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Lady of the Green Kirtle

Dressing up Narnia-style!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Re: Lady of the Green Kirtle

Postby LadyGrace » Oct 10, 2009 6:09 pm

"Lady of the Green Kirtle"]I always pictured her dress as being very flowing with a lot of layers made of some type of silky material

I pictured her very similar to Lady of the Green Kirtle. So, here's 2 pic I found that I really like.
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8792/04ag.jpg
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2568 ... tlebyk.jpg
LadyGrace
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Wunderkind4HIM » Oct 11, 2009 9:47 pm

I like those LadyGrace!

I just found this too
http://www.armstreet.com/ebay/art/natun ... narg02.jpg
perhaps the underground dress could be something slightly similar :-\ :D
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~C. S. Lewis
Wunderkind4HIM
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby narnian_at_heart » Oct 13, 2009 8:14 am

When I think of a "thin dress" I think it probably has tight long sleeves and a very narrow skirt. The dress has to be poison green of course.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lady of the Narnians » Oct 13, 2009 5:05 pm

I think that she should have somthing on her head. Like A Garlend of flowers. My choice for a dress would be a flowy green dress that is very beautiful, but looks like somthing a villian would where! :D
A Lady of Narnia Always a Lady of Narnia
Lady of the Narnians
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Susan Pevinsie » Nov 01, 2009 2:47 pm

I think she should have some very snakey jelwery! I would put up some pictures but i don't know how yet! :(( :( :(( :(
"I will live as much as like a Narnian, even if there isn't and Narnia!"

1 Timothy 4:12 :D
Susan Pevinsie
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Nov 02, 2009 3:19 pm

hmm I dont know about jewelry, i always thought of her costume as being plainly beautiful(not sure if that works)
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Nov 06, 2009 7:50 pm

Susan Pevensie, if you click on Preview it will bring up a different posting window. There, you'll see a tab that says Upload attachment underneath the Preview and Submit submit buttons. Click that, and then click the choose file button. That will allow you to find the file on your computer. Then click add the file and when you hit submit, it should show up. Hope that helps!!!
If you have any more problems you could PM Meltintalle.
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lady Galadriel » Nov 07, 2009 6:00 pm

I think that LOTGK should have several dresses, similar to how the White Witch was broken into 7 dress changes. Tilda Swinton's 7 dresses are called (according to The Wardrobe Door, you can check) ;) the Turkish Delight, Ice Castle, Sleigh, Smoke, Parley, Deep Magic Regalia and Battle Garb. She progressively turns less and less white; her dresses morph and it's quite interesting.

Anyway, I think LOTGK should be the same type, being especially that she is also supposed to be a Northern Witch like Jadis.

First, for when she kidnaps Rilian (This would be the same as when she's a snake and bites Ramda), she should have a light, kind of shining green (lime maybe), like poison(maybe like this?). I always thought of this dress as thin, a one-piece, kind of because of Lewis's "she was wrapped in a thin green garment". Maybe like Arwen's dream dress? Or else maybe more fitted...I'm not certain.

Second, her next scene would be when she meets Puddleglum and the children during their travels. It should be darker green, not so shiny, but still perhaps kind of flowing. Maybe like this?

And her third scene would be as the Queen of Underland. I'm thinking that there should be several full skirts so that it puffs out in a really intimidating way. Very, very dark green. I'm not sure if it's in the NarniaWeb font colors. When she converts into a snake it could be a darker-colored snake too.
Lady Galadriel
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Elise Brewster » Nov 14, 2009 9:18 pm

There are some really cool dress ideas posted here! I have always thought that the Lady of the Green Kirtle was one of the best villainesses ever, so I'm really hoping the movie is eventually made!

I'd like to attach a few sketches I've made. They are not perfect by any means, but just some ideas... Sorry for the poor quality! (And the enormous size!)

The dress in the middle represents the dress she wears when wooing Rilian, while the other two are ideas of the underworld dress

Picture1.jpg
Picture1.jpg (120.63 KiB) Viewed 20109 times
Elise Brewster
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby ellz_bellz » Dec 16, 2009 6:19 pm

WOW! That's pretty much perfect for me Elise! My favourite one is the last on the far right. That looks great for when she's unerground, and the left one is more for when she meets Jill, Eustace and Puddleglum on the road to Harfang.

You should see if you can send those in! They're fantastic!
Proud that VDT is Australian :)
siggy by lover of narnia, avie by jillhope
ellz_bellz
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby crgirl2009 » Feb 03, 2010 6:00 pm

Subject: Lady of the Green Kirtle

Elise Brewster wrote:There are some really cool dress ideas posted here! I have always thought that the Lady of the Green Kirtle was one of the best villainesses ever, so I'm really hoping the movie is eventually made!

I'd like to attach a few sketches I've made. They are not perfect by any means, but just some ideas... Sorry for the poor quality! (And the enormous size!)

The dress in the middle represents the dress she wears when wooing Rilian, while the other two are ideas of the underworld dress

Picture1.jpg

That dress is beautiful!! Great Job!!! :)
credit to Check every wardrobe for the Siggie
credit to Princess Anna for the Avatar :)
crgirl2009
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby HighQueenofNarnia » Feb 12, 2010 6:05 pm

I always imagined LotGK as having a really lime green dress when she first meets Jill, Eustace, and Puddleglum. Then, when we next see her, her dress is darker, then gets darker until it is a dark emerald color. Then she turns into a snake. A dark green snake. I think that she would have something like the WW did in LWW. Her dress was white when Edmund met her, and it got gradually darker throughout the movie (with the exception of the Aslan's camp scene) until it was black at Aslan's death. My idea is that the Green Witch should have the same thing, except in green shades. Or maybe reverse- starting really dark green and becoming lighter and lighter! :)
Pray for Skandar member! PM Benjamin to join!
I saw the film on Opening Day!
When all else fails, read the Instructions!
HighQueenofNarnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lady Galadriel » Mar 21, 2010 5:32 pm

HighQueenofNarnia, You and I have pretty close to the same idea! :D

Elise Brewster, awesome sketches!

Here's some elaboration on my idea. What about something like Jadis's ice castle dress, only dark green, for the Underworld scene?

http://costumes.narniaweb.com/witchice.asp
Lady Galadriel
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Mar 22, 2010 11:42 am

I always thought of her dress for the underworld scene being very tight, and wrapping around her...
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DamselJillPole » Apr 03, 2010 1:25 pm

I love yours Elise Brewster.

I have a feeling that the top of LOGK dress is going to be seductive when Rilian first meets her.

Along the neckline I can imagine gems to be in snake like green and turquoise patterns. I would love to do a few sketches myself. But it's going to be hard considering she's very seductive.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lu_valient » Apr 18, 2010 12:55 pm

maybe a color like this (http://media.photobucket.com/image/arwe ... n4.jpg?o=6) would be good for when rillian first sees her
made by katherine
Lu_valient
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext