This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Lucy in VDT

Dressing up Narnia-style!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Lucy in VDT

Postby NothinButNarnia » Sep 05, 2009 10:04 am

Hey guys, so, just bringing the topic of Lucy's costumes in VDT up again. Since we have a few production pictures, we know that one of you costumes looks like this:

I'm thinking this is when she first boards the ship and is wearing Caspian's clothes. I hope she gets some girl clothes at the Lone Islands :)
av / sig by me, PM if you want one
saw the movie opening weekend and cried at the end!
Jesus DIED for ME and YOU!
NothinButNarnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: Lucy in VDT

Postby NarniaWally » Sep 07, 2009 9:37 am

I'm sure she will...does it not say that they went shopping for supplies before they got back on board the ship after their kidnapping/slavery piece? Still, I think it would be difficult to do all the things Lucy does in the book with an costume like she had in the last two movies??
Remember/// He longs to be with us more than we long to be with Him !!!..Wally
NarniaWally
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby NothinButNarnia » Sep 07, 2009 5:04 pm

true NarniaWally, I hope her dress (if she wears a dress) is different from the ones in the past 2 movies, it just wouldnt be practical and I think look pretty foolish on the Dawn Treader
NothinButNarnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby IloveFauns » Sep 13, 2009 1:14 am

I don't think she would wear a dress on the dawn treader. I don't wear dresses much let alone on ships.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Lady Éowyn » Sep 13, 2009 1:29 pm

I really like this outfit. It's obvious that it's pulled from the crew uniforms and/or Caspian's clothes, but it's also feminine and free.

It'd also be pretty easy to costume. There are a lot of patterns out there that would work for this...

Butterick 5008, or McCalls 4952. Or you could even do a small size in a men's pattern, like Butterick 4574, Butterick 3072, Simplicity 4923, Simplicity 4059,

I'm guessing this is the kind of thing she'll wear throughout the movie, but I wouldn't mind seeing her wear a jumper over the shirt at some point... something like the one the woman at the bottom right corner of this shot is wearing. It looks a little bit like Telmarine "peasant" clothes from PC.
Lady Éowyn
Moderator Emeritus

Postby NothinButNarnia » Sep 14, 2009 1:05 pm

I really like the Butterick 5008 pattern. i hope that is what she wears :D
NothinButNarnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby lioness13 » Sep 14, 2009 7:38 pm

:D i'm so glad she gets to wear caspians clothes!(at least thats what it looks like) I really, really hope she gets to wear dresses though. :-s

Q: do we want to repost old ideas to get the new discussion going or do we want to have all new stuff?
"Come," said Aslan ," let me breathe on you. Are you brave again?"
lioness13
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Eustace » Sep 17, 2009 7:38 pm

Now, that we have a lot of other pictures and videos did anyone see any that have Lucy wearing a dress? I was wondering if maybe in this movie they don't have her wear dresses in this one.
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lady Éowyn » Sep 17, 2009 8:26 pm

Well, all the pictures we have are pretty much from the same filming location aboard the Dawn Treader, so it makes sense that we've only seen Lucy in one outfit so far. Who knows, she may wear this most of the time, but it's quite likely she has other outfits in different places throughout the film.

There are two more pictures of this outfit, though, from MundoNarnia. In the second one it looks like she wears a brown or gold tunic/vest over the white shirt!

(I love the expression on her face here!)

Lady Éowyn
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Lady Artemis » Sep 19, 2009 7:05 am

:ymapplause: Those are wonderful pictures!! Thanks so much for finding them! I really love the way her hair looks.

So she has two outfits fo far, right? Or does the gold vest simply go over this outfit? I am sure that they will give her a dress, but it may not be till later on. And, as Lady Eowyn pointed out, they have only filmed at one location.
Lady Artemis
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Lady Éowyn » Sep 19, 2009 3:03 pm

Lovely pics, princess_of_narnia. Didn't they come from that site where you had to pay to use a pic, though? I'd love to put them up on the costume site if not.

More pics! These are from Kerrie Gurney's blog. It's not close-up or high-rez, but it's a nice full shot of her costume. I think she's definitely just wearing the red vest/tunic over the white shirt and blue trousers we've already seen. Notice she's wearing her cordial belt! I like her side-swept ponytail.

I was thinking, though... Lucy wouldn't have been able to wear trousers in England or as a queen. It would be totally understandable and like her character, I think, if she wears them throughout the whole movie. Unless she changes to something more formal on one of the islands, like Coriakin's island.

ETA: This shot shows a glimpse at the second goldish brown vest, on Georgie's double on the stairs to the left, partially obscured. I thought at first that the first vest in the pic I posted and the vest in the pictures princess_of_narnia posted were the same, just under different lighting, but they're obviously not.

So we're at two vests (or tunics... the red one is definitely a long tunic length) and one shirt and trousers.
Lady Éowyn
Moderator Emeritus

Postby LucyTheValiant » Sep 20, 2009 4:50 pm

I never realized how particular you guys are about this stuff! You keep track of ALL the costumes?! :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Signature & Avatar made by Princess Anna
LucyTheValiant
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby aslansothername » Sep 20, 2009 5:12 pm

I think that it would be appropriate for Lucy to change into a dress once they got to the Lone Islands. But something simple and practical like this dressImage from Lord of the rings. It would have to be something she could move around in nicely though. But my, my hasn't Georgie grown up!!!
Want to become an informed American teen?
http://www.t4at.webs.com/
aslansothername
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby fauntastic » Sep 20, 2009 5:30 pm

I get the impression that she is going to stay in the tunic for the entire film...which is fine, but I'd also like to see her in a simple dress like the ones recommended above.
NW sibs: Windsong and Lucy Took
fauntastic
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Adeona » Sep 22, 2009 8:20 pm

LucyTheValiant wrote:I never realized how particular you guys are about this stuff! You keep track of ALL the costumes?! :ymapplause:

Ohh yes!

Here is another outfit:
Picture 4.png
Picture 4.png (104.32 KiB) Viewed 36946 times

Same pants, looks like. Short sword, cordial. Same red vest? New brown shirt.
It looks like she is still wearing the white shirt underneath.

I would like to see her in a simple dress at least once. Maybe just for a couple scenes while they are in Narrowhaven? Lord Bern might have a daughter Lucy's size. She could wear one of her outfits while there. Or maybe the slavers would put her in an old dress so she would look less odd by Narrowhaven standards. Looks like all the women there wear dresses. Maybe they wouldn't bother, though.
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby Lady Éowyn » Sep 22, 2009 8:39 pm

I really like the layering on this outfit... or "version" of this outfit, as it's mostly the same pieces. That makes it really hard to name and categorize the costumes!

They're the same trousers, or an identical second pair—they have the same gold embellishment.

It turns out that that's not actually a brown shirt, thought I thought the same at first (otherwise it'd be another layer under the red tunic/vest). What looks like a shirt is actually just separate, probably detachable sleeves. They must attach past the edge of the vest, though, as the vest overlaps the sleeve. You can see the gap at her underarm where the white shirt shows through in this shot:

Thanks for lifting your arms like that, Georgie! ;)

Also, in that shot, as in others, you can see the slit cut at the underside of the sleeve from above the elbow to midway down her forearm, where the white shirt is blousing out.

So now two vests, a pair of blue velvet trousers, a shirt, and some detachable sleeves. :D

I might want to make this for myself... It all depends on Ramandu's Daughter's outfit. ;)
Lady Éowyn
Moderator Emeritus

Next