This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Narnia Style Day

Dressing up Narnia-style!

Moderator: Meltintalle

Re: Narnia Style Day

Postby Adeona » May 15, 2011 10:49 pm

All righty, from the poll we've decided to go with May 21-22nd as a sort of Narnia Style Weekend from which you can select Saturday or Sunday as your Narnia Style Day. :)

These are our positive dates for this year. Of course, you can choose a date on your own, but the more people are participating at once, the more fun it is! :D

So this is rather short notice, as our dates are next weekend. But lets all do what we can to spread the word! Mention it on your blog or facebook. I'm going to make a post about it on my LiveJournal. :)

How are the outfit plans coming along? :-\ I'm probably going to wear the same VDT Lucy costume I put together for the movie opening. White blouse, blue jeans, costume tunic, leather riding boots. Remember that you can wear either a costume copied from the movies, a Narnian-inspired outfit, or just "What Queen Susan/Lucy/Lilliandil would wear from my closet" :) Don't forget to accessorize with shoes or sandals, pretty jewelry, etc! :)
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby Lucy of Narnia » May 16, 2011 2:40 pm

I am actually planning on doing both days! :D Because how fun would that be?
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby QueenSusanJ316 » May 18, 2011 6:33 am

ok, so for narnia style day me and my friends are going as reepicheep, lucy, and susan around saratoga springs, ny. And we may even have people to be peter, caspian, edmund, and eustace! should be fun. we are going to celebrate saturday, and then I will wear someting narniash on sunday to church! If you want to be part of it just message me!
PM me if you would like be part of a Lion Party in the state of New York!
QueenSusanJ316
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Adeona » May 18, 2011 1:10 pm

That sounds great! :) Thanks for sharing your plans! I'm too far away to join your group, though - I live in Alaska. :p

Lucy of Narnia, you're right, that would be a lot of fun. I may do the same. Or at least wear a little something Narnian on both days, if not full costume. :)
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby LittleLionTamer » May 19, 2011 2:36 am

Ohh, I am so gonna participating! That sounds like a lot of fun :)

I don't know yet if I will have the Farewell gown ready till this weekend (I shall have it though for the next, that's literally my deadline.) because I am still in the middle of painting the pattern on it, but I do have backup! I think I will go as Susan and wear the dress I sewed for my Lady Amalthea cosplay. It does look pretty medieval and I think Susan would wear it too. And, because that is just too awesome to be true, I am gonna wear it to claim the Disney Store that just opened this wednesday here in Dublin! I am really excited, it warms up my little Disney heart so much and It would be cool because the first two movies have been presented by Disney :) Maybe they even have some Narnia Merchandise there.
"But I'm always dreaming, even when I'm awake; it is never finished."
LittleLionTamer
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lu_valient » May 20, 2011 4:16 pm

I'm going to be participating in MY FIRST NARNIAN STYLE DAY!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!! :D
I'm wearing a pair of tall boots, navy blue sweatpants, and a blouse that's pleated in front. It'll be REALLY FUN for me because I'm going to a fine arts festival at my school and people will be like WHAT! :ymsmug:
*edit*-I'm wearing a nightdress like Lucy's to bed
made by katherine
Lu_valient
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lucy of Narnia » May 20, 2011 6:28 pm

Well, tomorrow's the day. :D I think I'll end up wearing a white 1940's dress instead of the train station outfit because I don't think it's all ready...if it is ready, I'd prefer to wear it as it is so much more Narnia-ish. :D Here's to hoping!
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby QueenSusanJ316 » May 21, 2011 12:33 pm

Getting ready to go to Saratoga Springs for Narnia style day! Now to pick just one outfit =))
PM me if you would like be part of a Lion Party in the state of New York!
QueenSusanJ316
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby LittleLionTamer » May 22, 2011 11:18 am

Hey guys!! I didn't actually I'd make it with this horrible weather but it actually turned out nice in the end. (This morning it was literally the end of the world. That's Ireland for you I guess XD)

So, as I said, my farewell gown is not finished yet BUT i grabbed the one I used for Lady Amalthea. I thought it would fit Susan quite well. And sadly it's the only medieval looking thing I have :(
Here are some pics I took!

LittleLionTamer
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby SnowAngel » May 23, 2011 3:27 pm

Scarlet and I wore Narnia inspired outfits to church on Sunday. My outfit was a teal shirt with a brown vest and a denim knee-length skirt. Since I do not have a hat that looks Narnian, I pulled part of my hair back in a brown clip. And my jewelry was a pair of butterfly earrings and an opal butterfly necklace. :)

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby Adeona » May 25, 2011 2:19 am

LittleLionTamer, you made that gown?! It's beautiful! The color is lovely, and it looks like you did a really good job fitting it!

SnowAngel, your jewelry sounds very Narnian! I wore an odd little necklace of twisted wire and black beads. It feels Narnian because it's so unique and whimsical, but it doesn't look all that Narnian - more Asian. :p

I want to apologize to everyone for the lack of planning we ran into for Narnia Style Day this year. Next year I'm hoping to start things going at a much earlier date, and hopefully get the word more. :)
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby LittleLionTamer » May 25, 2011 4:08 am

Yes, I sewed it myself :3 It was usually for this Cosplay: http://wish-uponastar.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3egfqg but my Farewell Gown was not finished yet so I used it for Susan! Btw, I HAVE to mention that I finally!!!!!!! have finished it! Now the Expo can come, I am so excited! Narnia Style day was quite fun although I was the only one here in Ireland doing it. But I enjoyed it nonetheless!
LittleLionTamer
NarniaWeb Regular

Previous