This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

My First Post

Come Celebrate with Us!

Re: My First Post

Postby AstroWolfD » Nov 21, 2013 10:03 pm

Well, mine was nice and proper in the Getting to Know You thread ;) And I was subsequently welcome by the Wonderful Winged Wolf who just posted :ymhug:

Well, here goes! My name is Denny, if anyone wants to know, and I am sort of a newcomer to the world of Narnia. My younger brother got me into it a few years ago, and now I have seen al of the movies (saw Dawn Treader no fewer than 7 times!), but haven't actually read all of the books. My interests include animals (and as you may guess, wolves in particular!), games, reading, making creations out of Lego, and photography. I hope to meet everyone, and become a regular here soon!

;))
Avi and sig by the Wonderful wolfloversk

AROOOOOOO!!!
AstroWolfD
NarniaWeb Guru
Guard Wolf of the NW WC

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Nov 22, 2013 7:54 am

it appears that even though I joined Narniaweb on Auguat 22, 2008, my first post wasn't until more than a year later :P :
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Meltintalle » Nov 22, 2013 1:31 pm

I believe my first post asked if anyone knew what music was used in the LWW trailer. I'm very glad I can't find it because I also remember that like two clicks after I posted I found the thread with the list. :p

(Which is funny, because I joined for the costume forum. And then I found the Spare Oom. And the rest, as they say, is history. ;)) )
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby wild rose » Nov 22, 2013 2:02 pm

I believe I first posted in the getting to know you thread. I'm not so sure I want to go back and find it. I was looking through my old posts recently and goodness, wish I hadn't bothered ;)) I had so many spelling errors :ymblushing:
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Impending Doom » Nov 22, 2013 6:01 pm

My first post was in the Silver Chair being Made By Mark Gordon Company topic. That was SOOO long ago ;)
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Nov 22, 2013 6:33 pm

This was my first post, in the Getting to Know You thread. Not too unique or groundbreaking. ;))

I remember feeling really timid when I first joined, and I really appreciated how welcoming everyone was! :ymhug: And here's a bit of trivia: my first post was posted on my birthday, since I had joined NarniaWeb as a birthday gift to myself after years of lurking and indecision about a username. ;))

A little over three years ago, I wrote:I'm really looking forward to the new movie...

Ah, I was so young and innocent back then. :P ;))
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Aslans_Jewel » Nov 25, 2013 1:59 pm

Aha! I found one of my oldest posts, I think this is why I joined the forum, iirc. Posted the day after I joined. I can't even read it, it's so cringe worthy, hahaha. Basically, I created a topic in Narnia and Christianity explaining what I thought about Narnia and my faith, and it's parallels, and I called it Narnia for Catholics
Aslans_Jewel
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Eustace » Nov 29, 2013 10:24 am

Even though I joined the form on March 12, 2008 at 6:12pm.

I don't seem to have posted on NarniaWeb till March 26,2008 at 4:18pm.

I have to say Edmund too, I think the best part is (in PC)when he admits he was wrong in the (LWW) and he believes Lucy now because of that. Sigh I hope they make a good part of that in the movie. I really believe sometimes I am like the character Edmund, I do things that are wrong and lie and get back at people.

This was on the Cast and Character discussion and the topic: Who is your favorite character in Prince Caspian?
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Dernhelm_of_Rohan » Dec 04, 2013 12:00 pm

I had absolutely no recollection of what my first post was, so I went hunting. All the way back to 2009. Turns out that for someone so loquacious, it was really short.

I think that the most significant Christian theme in VDT is the scene in the garden on Dragon Island, where Aslan cures Eustace of his dragon disease. I hope that makes it into the movie, because it has the whole Christian theme in it: a hopelessly binding sin that we can't get off ourselves, a Lion who can do it for us, if we let Him, and a set of new clothes.

- from Christian Themes in The Dawn Treader

Founding Keeper of the Secret Magic
Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NarniaWeb Nut

Previous