This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Pevensie Siblings Actors Ages By Last battle Film

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Pevensie Siblings Actors Ages By Last battle Film

Postby Fair Faun » Dec 30, 2009 3:00 pm

I was reading this article on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chroni ... ilm_series
and was thinking about the ages of the Pevensie sibling actors (minus Anna Popplewell/Susan) by the time The Last Battle film is made (if it's made) which, according to the article, could be as late as 2016/2017. By this time William Moseley will be approximately 31, Skandar Keynes will be approximately 26 and Georgie Henley will be approximately 22. The earth year of The Last Battle is 1949 so Peter would be 22, Edmund would be 19 and Lucy would be 17. With this in mind I would imagine these three will be/might be replaced by younger actors and actress which would be a bit of a shame I feel but, being realistic about it, I can see no other solution although the actors that play the siblings are already noticably older in the films that have already been made (and being made) than they're meant to be in the books so, perhaps, the producers will just (hopefully)carry on using the same actors/actress.
Any thoughts on this?
Make your choice adventurous stranger.
Strike the bell and bide the danger.
Or wonder 'till it drives you mad
what would have happened if you had.
Fair Faun
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Pevensie Siblings Actors Ages By Last battle Film

Postby icarus » Dec 31, 2009 7:56 am

Fair Faun wrote:I would imagine these three will be/might be replaced by younger actors and actress

It is ironic that you should suggest replacing William, Skandar and Georgie with younger actors for The Last Battle, as in years gone by the debate was always whether or not they should be replaced (in HHB and LB) by the older Pevensie actors from the end of LWW. But i guess as the production schedule has slowed from 1 movie every year to 1 movie every 2.5 years, thats no longer much of a debate really.

However, even if it does take them another 10 years to get to The Last Battle i can't see them going with younger actors. The specific ages of the characters in The Last Battle aren't really that important - they only need to look old enough to be considered adults (hence the potential problem had they got to HHB/LB too soon]. Also, it doesn't really matter whether the actors are 22 or 32, since they aren't going to grow any taller at that age, and they aren't going to noticeably age as much either (say compared to their teenage years when the actors can age dramatically over the course of shooting a single movie)
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby narnian_at_heart » Dec 31, 2009 1:18 pm

I say use the same actors. If they use younger actors, then they'll be using three different actors (at least) for each character. Themselves (in PC and LWW), they're older selves (in the end of LWW), and then there other younger selves (in LB and possibly HHB). Because the actors that played themselves in the end of LWW would be much to old by the time LB rolls around, I think.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Fair Faun » Dec 31, 2009 2:07 pm

I too very much hope they keep the same actors/actress icarus. I didn't suggest they replace them - I only suggested they might replace them if they feel they are too old. The Narnian films would not be the same - or as good with new actors/actress.
Make your choice adventurous stranger.
Strike the bell and bide the danger.
Or wonder 'till it drives you mad
what would have happened if you had.
Fair Faun
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 31, 2009 7:33 pm

I don't care how old they are.....I hope they just use Will Skandar and Georgie anyway! :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby lostin1800 » Jan 01, 2010 9:59 am

Well, all the characters by then are 16 and above, the real actors would be in their 20's(or early 30's). I think they can either bump up the character's ages or just use movie magic to make them look younger.

Personally, I just want the old actors to carry on and since the characters in the books have basically all grown up it wouldn't matter to me. Course that also depends on what's happening in their lives too.
*We three kings of Orient are; bearing gifts we traverse afar, field and fountain, moor and mountain, following yonder star...*
~Merry Christmas From Lostin1800~
lostin1800
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby wolfloversk » Mar 31, 2010 6:07 pm

I really hope they don't replace them, actually they've been a few years older than the characters right from the start of LWW so I can't see why it would be a problem by now, they'll have to bump there ages up. That's why they chose Ben Barnes as Caspian for PC, because he was close to William's age, although in the book Peter and Caspian were about 14.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby DamselJillPole » Apr 02, 2010 2:34 pm

I would imagine Georgie will be about 20 or 21 years old when this film is made. So will all the other characters including Eustace and Jill. But hey it's Hollywood! I wouldn't imagine them being replaced since Hollywood can make them a few years younger then their actual age.

I mean look at Benjamin Button. Brad Pitt is 40 something and they made him look 17/16. It can happen.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby luv-a-labradoodle » May 20, 2010 4:06 pm

I think that Lucy Griffiths would be a good grown up Lucy. I know she would be to old by the time LB would start filming but I just wanted to put it out there... :)
luv-a-labradoodle
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby coracle » May 21, 2010 2:06 pm

I want to see the same actors used.
In LB the comment is made that Eustace and Jill are the only ones still at school (i.e. they are still considered children), so if it hasn't been spelled out too exactly how old they are supposed to be in SC, we will accept that it is just a few years on, and the Pevensies are approximately the right ages - makeup and presentation can do a lot anyway!
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby King_Cor_the_Great » May 29, 2010 4:22 pm

I do not think that they will not replace them in the film because age doesn't really play a HUGE role in the series. Also, it could just take looks to make them seem younger or older. Plus, movies and shows have used people like Ashley Tisdale, Brenda Song, Jason Earles, Lea Michele, Amber Riley, Cory Montieth, Diana Agron and so many more to play teenagers so William Moseley, Anna Popplewell, Skandar Keynes, and Georgie Henley are most likely not to get replaced.
Mr. Beaver: When Adam's Flesh and Adam's bone sits at Cair Paravel in throne, the evil time will be over and done.
Susan Pevensie: You know that doesn't really rhyme.
King_Cor_the_Great
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Aravis Narnia » May 30, 2010 12:32 pm

I will be 33 years old in a few months. I get carded everywhere I go. People confuse me with the middle schoolers.

Actors are very often older than the characters they play.

So I do not see why this would be an issue. With the right make-up and styling, they can be made to look younger if necessary.
Aravis Narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby WillMo for_the_win » Sep 06, 2010 6:49 am

I don't really like the idea of replacing the original cast! I just hope they don't feel tired of doing Narnia. They could only be replaced if they'll get married and focus on their personal lives or anything that would prevent them from filming (health reasons, for example).

I just hope they don't look old on The Last Battle! :( :( Makeup does the trick!
WillMo for_the_win
NarniaWeb Regular