This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

If you could of had Eddy Izz as reepicheep in VDT would you

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

If you could of had Eddy Izz as reepicheep in VDT would you

Postby Doctor Cornelius » Feb 28, 2014 12:57 am

I personally preferred Eddy Izzard as Reepicheep in comparison to Simon Pegg I think, what do you think? And do you have someone else who you think would be awesome to play the role in mind?
Edmund: Whoa Horsey
Philip the horse: My Name is Philip!!!
Doctor Cornelius
NarniaWeb Newbie

Re: If you could of had Eddy Izz as reepicheep in VDT would you

Postby Thunder-Fist » Mar 01, 2014 2:03 pm

I know a lot of people weren't in love with Eddy Izzard's Reepicheep, but I thought he was great. I think he was better than Pegg, but to be fair, Reepicheep's lines in VDT were so poorly written I don't think anyone could have delivered them well.
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -C.S. Lewis
Thunder-Fist
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Reepicheep775 » Mar 01, 2014 2:30 pm

Pegg's Reepicheep was too mellow and the dynamic between Reep and Eustace changed as a result. In the book, the antagonism between Reep and Eustace is very real, Reepicheep is genuinely angry at Eustace for having no respect for a knight (and a mouse and a mouse's tail!). Once Eustace has been dragoned and realizes the error of his ways, Reepicheep is the first to comfort him. The power of that is lost in the movie, because I never got the sense Reep was ever truly angry at Eustace. He seems angry right after Eustace grabs his tail, but his anger dissolves very quickly, if it was ever truly there at all. I still liked the relationship between Eustace and Reepicheep in the movie, but I like how it was done in the book better. It would have been amazing having Will Poulter's Eustace and Eddie Izzard's Reepicheep as he was in PC sharing the screen, though like Thunder-Fist said, much of the problem's with Reepicheep had less to do with Pegg and more to do with the script.
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby aragorn2 » Mar 08, 2014 12:07 pm

No. I never liked Eddie Izzards Reep all that much. I though Simon Pegg was a much better choice.
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby narnia fan 7 » Mar 10, 2014 7:34 pm

Absolutely! In my opinion Eddie Izzard was prefect as Reepicheep a few of the lines weren't the best but that not on the actor.
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby jewel » May 07, 2014 11:46 am

I like Simon Peg for it better. He seemed sweeter.
jewel
NarniaWeb Nut