This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

How many actors would you like to see return?

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Vote for each person you'd like to see return

Will Poulter as Eustace
11%
Peter Dinklage as Trumpkin
19%
Ben Barnes as King Caspian
20%
Gary Sweet as Drinian
14%
Laura Brent as Lilliandil (Caspian's wife)
14%
Liam Neeson as Aslan
20%
Tilda Swinton as tLotGK (yes, I did go there)
1%

Total votes : 138

How many actors would you like to see return?

Postby fantasia » Oct 02, 2013 5:23 pm

Just to expand on the Will Poulter as Eustace thread, I was curious what people thought of all the cast members who have been in the previous movies. Vote for any and all you would like to see return in Prince Caspian.

Definite yes (voted): Liam Neeson, Peter Dinklage, Ben Barnes

Don't care (voted): Laura Brent, Gary Sweet

Probably not: Will Poulter

I'd be on the verge of murder: Tilda Swinton
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Re: How many actors would you like to see return?

Postby DamselJillPole » Oct 02, 2013 5:40 pm

I voted for Ben Barnes, Peter Dinklage, Laura Brent and Gary Sweet.

It's already a given that Liam Neeson will return.

I want Peter and Gary to be there because they are in fact in the book. Peter's Trumpkin meets with Jill and Eustace and Gary's Drinian is there with Rilian and With older Caspian.

I want Ben to come back because he is in fact young again at the end.

Also I'm wanting and hoping to see some flashbacks of Caspian/Liliandil falling in love and getting married. So I want Ben and Laura back for that and also Laura again for that scene where she dies.

And yes I'd be on the verge of murder too if they brought back Tilda Swinton.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby thephfactor1 » Oct 02, 2013 6:46 pm

I voted for Ben Barnes, Peter Dinklage ( although I doubt he would come back, he didn't enjoy it much last time around ) Liam Neeson, and Tilda Swinton.

About Swinton, I'm not really actually set on her coming back, I'm just wondering why you all seem to dislike the idea so much. It is certain that she's an excellent actress, one of the best of her generation perhaps. She was an amazing White Witch, she really made that movie what it was through her performance. So what I don't understand is: why the violent threats of murder?

I get that you see the White Witch and the LotGK as separate characters, and to a certain extent I would agree with you. But it's pretty obvious that they're related in some way. If Swinton was cast, not as the White Witch II, but as the Lady of the Green Kirtle, played with a different style ( and different costumes and wigs and things ), but subtly referring to the same otherworldy power of the Witch, I think it could be an added benefit and not just a distraction.

If they would just take out the Lady of the Green Kirtle and switch in The White Witch in a Green Dress, yeah, that I would have a problem with.
thephfactor1
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby starkat » Oct 02, 2013 7:08 pm

*Copies from fantasia and modifies*

Definite yes (voted): Liam Neeson, Peter Dinklage, Ben Barnes, Gary Sweet

Don't care : Laura Brent

Rather not: Will Poulter

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!: Tilda Swinton

The first list, yes for continuity. I don't care one way or the other about Laura Brent returning. See the Eustace recast thread for my reasons on that.

I got HIGHLY annoyed when she showed up in PC. I cringe when she shows up in VDT. The WW is NOT the LotGK, so please NO!
starkat

Postby Reepicheep775 » Oct 02, 2013 8:48 pm

Liam Neeson: Absolutely. I love Neeson as Aslan. He has the perfect wise and powerful voice.

Laura Brent: Even though I didn't like the Ramandu's Island scene ("If it is a distraction for you... 8-| " ), Laura Brent's acting had nothing to do with it. I'd like to see her return, but it doesn't matter too much to me.

Will Poulter: No. He was a great Eustace, but he's too old now.

Peter Dinklage: I would be really saddened if Trumpkin gets recast. So - yes.

Gary Sweet: Don't care either way.

Tilda Swinton: Please... no. :ympray:

Ben Barnes: Yes. Ben Barnes portrayal of Caspian was one of the few bright spots of VDT. However, seeing as Caspian is about 70 in SC, I wouldn't be too upset by a recast.

I had forgotten how many characters from previous stories are in SC...
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby fantasia » Oct 02, 2013 8:52 pm

Reepicheep775 wrote:Ben Barnes: Yes. Ben Barnes portrayal of Caspian was one of the few bright spots of VDT. However, seeing as Caspian is about 70 in SC, I wouldn't be too upset by a recast.

Don't forget the final scene in the book. ;)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Reepicheep775 » Oct 02, 2013 8:53 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:
Reepicheep775 wrote:Ben Barnes: Yes. Ben Barnes portrayal of Caspian was one of the few bright spots of VDT. However, seeing as Caspian is about 70 in SC, I wouldn't be too upset by a recast.

Don't forget the final scene in the book. ;)

That's true! In that case, definitely yes. ;)
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby wolfloversk » Oct 02, 2013 9:00 pm

Selected everything but the last (I will not go there :P ) I can understand if Will Poulter couldn't be Eustace, but I think it's be cool to at least have him cameo in some way... I'm still hoping against hope though... I mean they can do some crazy things with ages these days... and honestly I could see it if they had Eustace and Jill be teens... I mean by the time Anna ans Will M. were in PC their characters looked 18 and 19 and they were both in their 20's- Ben Barnes even looked to be in his teens but he was 27ish. Will Poulter is tall, but he still looks pretty young... so I think it's doable.

I really do hope Ben Barnes and Liam Neeson can reprise their roles... also for Drinian, Trumpkin, and Lilliandil if they appear it'd be great to have the same characters back... I guess at this point I'm for an all or nothing strategy... either try to get most to reprise their roles or just treat it as a reboot and recast everyone... at this point I think it could work either way...

(But please... Tilda was great as the White Witch... but that's it... no Tilda Swinton as LotGK, please... :P )
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby 220chrisTian » Oct 03, 2013 2:18 pm

*Copies from fantasia and modifies*

YES (voted): Liam Neeson, Peter Dinklage, Ben Barnes, Gary Sweet, Laura Brent

Don't care but rather not: Will Poulter

NO: Tilda Swinton

I really liked Laura as Liliandil and I want continuity there, the same with the other actors I voted for. I'd love to see a wedding for her and Caspian (Ben Barnes!) in flashbacks or something. And Ben has to return as the young king at the end, dead but in Aslan's country!

Will Poulter is just too old for me now. I want a fresh face.

I thought of a crazy idea for the Pevensies, seeing I addressed this issue in my story "Casting 'The Silver Chair.'" Instead of having cameos for Skandar and Georgie (Edmund and Lucy), what if all four Pevensies and even Will Poulter came back but in disguise - like Douglas Gresham? ;)
220chrisTian

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Oct 03, 2013 6:31 pm

thephfactor1 wrote:About Swinton, I'm not really actually set on her coming back, I'm just wondering why you all seem to dislike the idea so much. It is certain that she's an excellent actress, one of the best of her generation perhaps. She was an amazing White Witch, she really made that movie what it was through her performance. So what I don't understand is: why the violent threats of murder?

I get that you see the White Witch and the LotGK as separate characters, and to a certain extent I would agree with you. But it's pretty obvious that they're related in some way. If Swinton was cast, not as the White Witch II, but as the Lady of the Green Kirtle, played with a different style ( and different costumes and wigs and things ), but subtly referring to the same otherworldy power of the Witch, I think it could be an added benefit and not just a distraction.

If they would just take out the Lady of the Green Kirtle and switch in The White Witch in a Green Dress, yeah, that I would have a problem with.

I can see why we'd all think of murder if the new movie was so dumb as to do something like getting Tilda Swinton to play the Lady of the Green Kirtle. And yes, I am one of them who does not want her in this movie, especially as LOTGK. There are two reasons.

1. Tilda Swinton played an excellent White Witch, though it was different from earlier performances of that character, such as in the cartoon version and Barbara Kellerman's performance in the BBC version of LWW. Although the PC appearance of Tilda Swinton's White Witch was unexpected, it wasn't necessarily a bad idea to include her in Nikabrik's, hag & werewolf episode in that story. But when Tilda Swinton also played a cameo White Witch in VDT (film), it became a groundhog - like nightmare, not just a green-mist induced one, however appropriate it might have been to the VDT film. I've no objections to Tilda Swinton being in a production of Magician's Nephew, where her White Witch character is warranted. But I don't want to see a gratuitous Tilda Swinton reprise in Silver Chair.

2. This is what happened in the 1990's BBC series, which of course would have had budget constraints. Barbara Kellerman played the White Witch in LWW, then, in BBC's vastly truncated version of PC, she played the hag in that hag & werewolf scene. Then she popped up as Lady of the Green Kirtle in Silver Chair. Though her performance in that role was quite good, up until VDT's release, there were still people insisting that LotGK was the same person as Jadis the White Witch, and we need to scotch that idea for good and all.

I voted for everyone else returning, except of course, Tilda Swinton. Laura Brent and Gary Sweet's return depends on how they do the explanation for Prince Rilian's disappearance, and, as with Eustace, King Caspian and Trumpkin, there is the passage of time to take into account though to a lesser degree.

Gary Sweet is the least affected, and has quite a bit to do, but only if the film opts for a pictorial retelling of Rilian's disappearance. Bald heads are bald heads however old they get. Laura Brent only has to say she would like to go maying, get tired maying, go to sleep and die convincingly. Unless they throw in a "Kate Middleton" - style wedding or baby shot to show what has happened meanwhile. :D But then, all they really need from Caspian's Queen is a funeral procession which was how the BBC Silver Chair was done.

Though I expect Eustace will be recast, whatever I'd like, I can't see any problem with Ben Barnes coming back, if possible, even though he has to be aged up to play a dying old man. It would make it easier to un-age him back to being a young man in the last scene if they do want to be faithful to the book.

thephfactor1 wrote:I voted for Ben Barnes, Peter Dinklage ( although I doubt he would come back, he didn't enjoy it much last time around ) Liam Neeson, and Tilda Swinton.

Why wouldn't Peter Dinklage come back, even if he disliked playing Trumpkin in PC? I agree it was a long major part in PC with a dreary amount of make-up and that he got sunburned at one point. But Trumpkin's largest part in SC is a much smaller one than the PC Trumpkin. It is only when Jill and Eustace first arrive, and is rather comical. Apart from maybe King Caspian's death bed scene, he wouldn't have a long commitment to reprise the role, and he would be able to sit down in most of it.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Aravis_Tarkheena011 » Oct 03, 2013 7:07 pm

Way, way, way, way no Tilda Swinton. Like, I might seriously consider not watching if Swinton came back. But yeah, everyone else except Laura Brent.
Christian, first and foremost.
NW Twin to Gathmandais
Aravis_Tarkheena011
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby King Tirian » Oct 03, 2013 8:44 pm

I voted for everyone except for Will Poulter and Tilda Swinton

Will is too old now and Tilda is NOT the LadyofGK she is the white witch and both are not the same character.

The rest I voted for are basically no brainers. You just have to have them.
King Tirian
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: Having a nice archery practice with DamselJillPole!

Postby Impending Doom » Oct 05, 2013 10:52 am

I doubt Dinklage will be back, he probable costs to much. I would LOVE to see Will Poulter back as Eustace but I wouldn't lose any sleep if he wasn't re casted.

I think it's a safe bet that the White Which will not be back. Though I could see them having her as a metor/master or something and she is out to revenge her death, which would set up her hatred towards Aslan and Narnia.
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby narnia fan 7 » Oct 05, 2013 4:56 pm

I voted Ben Barnes and Liam Neeson

It won't bother me if they recast Caspian but I would like to see Barnes return as for Liam Neeson I absolutely love Neeson as Aslan he has the perfect voice for the part.
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Linden » Oct 05, 2013 8:57 pm

For me, I'd only be really disappointed if Liam Neeson doesn't reprise his role as Aslan. But I also voted for Ben Barnes and Peter Dinklage .

NEEDS to return: Liam Neeson. I don't want to have another actor voicing Aslan. Aslan is the constant of the book series. He's the one thing that never changes and ties them together. With that thought, I think he should remain as constant as possible in the movies series.

I'd like it if they returned: Ben Barnes, Peter Dinklage, and Laura Brent. I didn't vote for Laura Brent, though, because her character doesn't even really need to speak. But I'd like to see her take another stab at Ramandu's Daughter.

I don't care: Gary Sweet. He leaves so little of an impression on me, that even though I've seen the movie several times, I can't recall much of what he looks like or how he acts.

No: Will Poulter. He did great. You can tell he really threw himself into the role. But he never looked like Eustace to me, and now he looks way too old, espcially considering he'd still have to be in LB.

NOOOOooooo: Tilda Swinton. I might write protest letters filled with righteous fan indignation.
Linden
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Rilian The Disenchanted » Oct 06, 2013 10:35 am

Liam neeson should return for Aslan.
Besides that perhaps Peter Dinklage as Trumpkin and Ben Barnes with a small cameo in the end of Silver Chair.
Gary Sweet or Laura Bent didn't make much of an impression in VDT, since they hardly had any lines. Wouldn't mind them being recast. Their roles in Silver Chair are also minimal.
Eustace should be recast. We need someone younger 15 years at the most.
Rilian The Disenchanted
NarniaWeb Nut

Next