This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ambassador's wife at a party

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Ambassador's wife at a party

Postby fantasia » Dec 14, 2009 2:32 pm

icarus wrote:Deena Khargam - Ambassador's wife at a party
2009 / Ambassador's wife at a party / The Chronicals of Narnia:The Voyage of Dawn Treader / Michael Apted

Looking at her photos, she could perhaps be the wife of a Calormene Ambassador at Governor Gumpas' Party perhaps???

I'm starting a new thread for this minor casting announcement for two reasons. One I'm doing a story on it, and two, that is a most intriguing role!

As I'm about to post on the front page, I'm making my prediction that perhaps there will be a wedding ceremony for Caspian and Ramandu's Daughter where the dignitaries of nearby countries are invited. :) So there's my guess and icarus's guess. Speculate away! :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Re: Ambassador's wife at a party

Postby Lucy P. » Dec 14, 2009 2:37 pm

There could be an opening at the beginning in England, but how the Pevensies and Eustace would get to a party with an ambassador, I have no idea. Plus there would be way too much time in England that way.

So yeah, I'm going to go with you and icarus! Deena looks Indian- perhaps she will be from Calormen?
Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Lucy P.
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lady Galadriel » Dec 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Aren't the Lone Islands based off the Italian culture? Meaning perhaps she's someone on the Lone Islands...although, if she's the wife of an ambassador, maybe she's from Calormen after all.

Perhaps they will be at a party with Governor Gumpas, and then that's when Caspian enters. :-??
Lady Galadriel
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby icarus » Dec 14, 2009 4:11 pm

My mind instantly jumped to Governor Gumpas and the Lone Islands as the sort who might throw a party with lots of Kings and Ambassadors and other governors present. The sort of party King Caspian might dramatically interupt, overturning the table and humiliating Governor Gumpas in a much more public manner than he does in the book. But hearing some of the suggestions already they are quite a few very possible scenarios.

As Fantasia Kitty said, perhaps some sort of final "party" scene and associated wedding back in Narnia at the end of the movie (similar as in LWW and PC) with all the dignitaries from the surrounding nations present. I've never been much of a fan of including any scenes in Narnia before/after the Pevensies arrive/leave, but i admit its a strong possibility.

Lucy P. wrote:There could be an opening at the beginning in England, but how the Pevensies and Eustace would get to a party with an ambassador, I have no idea. Plus there would be way too much time in England that way.

Now that would be an interesting prospect! Perhaps that might explain the talk of a street scene set outside Cambridge University... and the scenes filmed at Southport School.... and all the castings for Army Soldiers and Recruiting Officers? Perhaps the movie opens at some sort of posh fundraising event at Cambridge University to raise money for the war effort? With ambassadors and such from across the British Empire in attendance? Perhaps Edmund, Lucy and Eustace get dragged along by their respective parents and have to wait in a room upstairs or something?

Its a bit far of a stretch to make such a guess i know, and its probably not at all historically accurate either, but maybe just maybe the producers wanted a more "dramatic" setting for the opening? Perhaps they felt a small upstairs bedroom in an average house was a bit too boring - they did make similar changes to the earth based scenes in the last movie to make them more visually interesting and dramatic..... Who knows?
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby daughter of the King » Dec 14, 2009 6:59 pm

My first thought was the Lone Islands as well. An ambassador from Calormene is visiting with his wife and discussing the slave trade with Gumpas, and naturally a banquet is given in his honor. My other thought was Galma. There is a great tournament held in Caspian's honor there, and it would make sense that other foreign dignitaries would attend. However, since nothing important plotwise happens at Galma, I think my second idea unlikely.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby GlimGlum » Dec 14, 2009 11:02 pm

Very interesting. Several possibilities indeed. The Lone Islands, Cair Paravel, or England. They all seem credible and I can't decide for sure as Deena looks Indian but could probably be considered "Calormenish" too.

Since I can't think of a another party scenario; I will guess first England and second a wedding party at Cair Paravel, and lastly a party for Governor Gumpas. We'll know 12/10/2010. :D
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby FriendofNarnia2 » Dec 15, 2009 7:55 am

First of all, I think she is probably going to be the wife of an ambassador from Calormen.

Secondly, I think she will appear in the Lone Islands scene.

Thirdly, I believe she is related in some way to the whole "unfathomable fate" plot line.

Also, I believe the addition of Calormen characters in VotDT is not only related to the "unfathomable fate", but also ties in with the whole "taking ideas from other books" idea we heard Ben Barnes mention in an interview a few weeks back.

Just a few guesses.
Check out "The Magician's Nephew" and "The Last Battle" trailers I created!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwWtuk3Qafg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrPxboeZqrA
FriendofNarnia2
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Salem » Dec 15, 2009 9:38 am

Lord Bern's wife.
She looks like a telmarine, with make-up will looks more.
- Sorry for my bad english =x -

Youtube
Orkut
Salem
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby fantasia » Dec 15, 2009 9:54 am

Lord Bern isn't an ambassador though. Plus, if she was Lord Bern's wife, I'm sure she'd be credited that way. I mean, Gael has a mother and aunt specifically titled. :))
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 16, 2009 4:28 pm

an ammbassador?
could this have something to do with Eustace constantly mentioning the British Council? :-\
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » Dec 16, 2009 7:54 pm

Lord Bern's wife makes sense to me. I think that'd be interesting. Movie-makers don't always seem to make their credits exactly the same every time. :p
"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 18, 2009 3:35 pm

yeah, ya'll are probably right! it does apear that it might be Lord Bern's wife!
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Adeona » Dec 19, 2009 6:47 pm

Interesting. If Ms. Khargam does play a Calormene, does this mean that Walden is ready to commit to a look for the Calormenes? I know they will still have a lot of freedom, (art, architecture, etc., wise) but at least the style will be somewhat solid, as far a clothes and ethnic look. Is Walden going to commit already, before HHB?
If she is playing a Calormene, it will be fascinating to see how they will look.
I would have to agree that she could possibly play a Telmarine, though.
The English Party idea is also an interesting, though far-fetched possibility. B-) We will just have to wait and see.
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby HM Swanwhite » Dec 28, 2009 7:55 pm

Deena certainly looks Indian or something like that, so I have to agree she is probably going to be a Calormene, though the English Party idea would work if they have expanded the time the children are in England like they did with PC. They may have done this to give a better groundwork of their dislike of Eustace which is easily conveyed in a couple of pages in a book but certainly harder in similar space in a movie. This could mean they have Eustace's parents even might throw a party seeing as they seem to be quite posh like that. Though I do think the idea of them being at Caspian and Ramandu's daughters wedding is a good one, but we do not read of the wedding in the book as none of the children attend. So I presume they must either flashback to Narnia after they're back in England or they change the story so the children go back to Narnia, see them wedded and then go home but this would mean they would probably miss the meeting with Aslan which I don't think they would get rid of.
Confusing, eh? :-\ All we can do, once more, is speculate! I hope they reveal more soon. :D
Go Marina Erakovic!
I've met Michael Apted!!!
Av & Sig by Me. NWeb sis: ForeverFan
HM Swanwhite
NarniaWeb Guru