This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Any fans of Trufflehunter?

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Any fans of Trufflehunter?

Postby Purpleotter » Dec 13, 2012 6:23 pm

Hes such an awesome badger! I love him in the movie.
"Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen of Narnia"-Aslan
Purpleotter
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: Any fans of Trufflehunter?

Postby DamselJillPole » Dec 14, 2012 7:58 pm

It's been a while since I've seen Prince Caspian and I will admit he didn't have much screen time from what I can remember.

I do absolutely love Trufflehunter from the book and the BCC. :)
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lady Rosalia » Dec 18, 2012 3:03 pm

I did like Trufflehunter! I loved how in the new version at least he was such a kind badger, much like I pictured him in the book. :)
"Not all that is called progress moves us forward." - H.K. Ward
"Aslan's instructions always work, there are no exceptions."
-Puddleglum
Lady Rosalia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby wild rose » Feb 09, 2013 4:03 am

I loved Trufflehunter, I wish he had a bit more screentime in the movie, but I do like the way they made him, he was kind and sort of the brains in the little trio of himself, Ginabrik and Trumpkin. Very sensible and loyal and faithful. Of course I love him in the book too :)
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby De_De » Jul 02, 2013 2:37 pm

It really is too bad that Trufflehunter had almost no screentime in the movie. He is actually quite an important character in the book. I have to say that the animation was just great! He really looked like a real badger, a step up in animation compared to the beavers in LWW. I also really like the way they made his home in the movie. So snug and cozy :ymhug:
Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club
De_De
NarniaWeb Guru
The Sunny Vitamin D (BC, retired)

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage (and a bunch of great NarniaWebbers) in Obi's spaceship

Postby Meltintalle » Jul 02, 2013 6:14 pm

I don't think I've ever met a portrayal of Trufflehunter I didn't like... :) He's kind and compassionate, faithful, loyal, and apparently gives hugs and snuffly badger kisses.

It took me a little to warm up to the BBC version but now I think that's my favorite. I'm not sure how screentime compares in the Walden version, but I don't really remember him in that one.
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby 7chronicles » Jul 03, 2013 1:14 pm

Who isn't a fan of Trufflehunter? I love him.
I really loved him in the Prince Caspian movie, I only wish he had had more time on screen. I think they did such a wonderful job at adapting his character that it was a shame to not have him in more scenes.
Actually I think he was one of the few characters that were got right in terms of adaption from the book to screen. :)

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis
7chronicles
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby De_De » Jul 04, 2013 12:54 pm

Oh definatly! Trufflehunter is the example of true Narnians. Like the Beavers, he never stops believing that everything will turn out and that Aslan will come. Actually, come to think of it he does really remind me of the Beavers. He helps Caspian find the other Narnians, just like the Beavers helped the children find Aslan. He always is referring to Aslan and the prophesies like the Beavers. Do you like Lewis may have modled him after the Beavers?
Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club
De_De
NarniaWeb Guru
The Sunny Vitamin D (BC, retired)

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage (and a bunch of great NarniaWebbers) in Obi's spaceship

Postby GlimGlum » Jul 04, 2013 1:04 pm

Yes, I liked him and my stepmother who has not read the books really liked him. Love that loyalty. :)
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby starkat » Jul 05, 2013 2:59 pm

I was thrilled with the way they portrayed Trufflehunter in the BBC and Walden versions. They kept the character pretty much as it is in the book except for the actress in the BBC version. I think I prefer the Walden version just because it's a better fit in voice and the CG was fantastic!
starkat

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Jul 07, 2013 5:22 pm

Trufflehunter is an excellent character. He proved he did not fear all the Telmarines in spite of the Narnian homeland being savaged and causing the Narnians to go into hiding. He was also a good model of a Christian who would not lose hope, no matter what the situation.

Even the the BBC version changed Trufflehunter to a female, the character was basically the same (I think the reason it happened was because there weren't too many female characters in PC the book, so just to balance things out a little, it often happens).

I never really understood Trufflehunter's name until I knew what a truffle was. :p Apparently badgers like them a lot.
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby AnimalOfNarnia » Sep 07, 2013 9:24 pm

I used to really like him...back after the PC movie came out...

I feel sorry for him, with a name that can pretty much be tranlsated as "chocolate-searcher"... =))

(BTW, that almost sounds better)
AnimalOfNarnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby coracle » Sep 08, 2013 12:01 am

AslanTheLion wrote:I used to really like him...back after the PC movie came out...

I feel sorry for him, with a name that can pretty much be tranlsated as "chocolate-searcher"... =))

(BTW, that almost sounds better)

AslnTheLion, badgers eat truffles. Not the chocolate version, but a natural one that is found on the ground in certain places.
http://www.larustichellatruffles.com/en/il-tartufo
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby AnimalOfNarnia » Sep 08, 2013 12:31 pm

oh, sorry :ymblushing:
AnimalOfNarnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby coracle » Sep 09, 2013 3:25 am

No problem, just thought you would like to know why he was given that name - I personally think the chocolate ones must be much nicer than the natural ones! :)
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby AnimalOfNarnia » Sep 09, 2013 8:22 am

Yeah, me too. ;)
AnimalOfNarnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Next